jameswhunt

How much time has to pass before filing I-129F inquiry?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

If you are within 30 days of normal processing time, that is exactly what they will tell you. And your Senator and Congress Member will tell you the same thing. Tried both.

The website says 6 months and when checking the requirements for Ombudsman, it said nothing beyond what instructed, so as far as I am concerned, I am outside normal processing times now. Others have had success with their representatives and were nowhere near 6 months so it is a roll of the dice and a matter of whether yours want to work for you or not. I am going to try rather than sit on my butt waiting another month or two. Screw that.

I will also provide adequate data backing up my claim that December 31st is a bogus number. We see hundreds of Jan-April filers here at VJ to debunk that claim.

At this point, it can't hurt.

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

The website says 6 months and when checking the requirements for Ombudsman, it said nothing beyond what instructed, so as far as I am concerned, I am outside normal processing times now. Others have had success with their representatives and were nowhere near 6 months so it is a roll of the dice and a matter of whether yours want to work for you or not. I am going to try rather than sit on my butt waiting another month or two. Screw that.

I will also provide adequate data backing up my claim that December 31st is a bogus number. We see hundreds of Jan-April filers here at VJ to debunk that claim.

:thumbs:

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Just got off the phone and needless to say I am pretty angry. The "Tier 2 Officer" that I spoke with was literally 20x worse than any regular customer service person that I've ever spoken with (and I've talked to a lot of them). She basically told me that what ever the USCIS website says is wrong and that they are still working on December 31 cases. She said that there's no guarantee that my case will be looked at in the next couple of months or that it will even be approved. By this point I was pretty ticked off and just said, "you've literally be no help to me at all." Her response was that I could write a letter with my concerns to the Director.

I'm very disappointed right now...

Hi,

I just read this topic and it reminds me how felt about being waiting with any response from USCIS. since your case is already beyond the 6 months, write a letter to the directors. I do not if it was coincidence but, after I did, got the response within a week. keep in mind I was just shy of the 6 months waiting time.

This is a sample of the email I sent, in case you want to use it.

TSC.NCSCfollowup@uscis.dhs.gov

SCOPSSCATA@uscis.dhs.gov

"First of all I would like to introduce myself; my name is Xxxxx X Xxxxxxxx, a US Citizen residing in Miami, FL and am a customer to the United States Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS).

In the first week of February of 2014, I submitted an application (I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancee(e)). According to Form I-797C (Notice of Action), my application was received by USCIS on February 10th, 2014, assigned to Texas Services Center and the check for the application fee was cashed. As you can imagine, I have been tracking the processing time associated with my application and meeting people with similar a case as mine (same application and similar filing date). I noticed that at the time of submitting my application, the average processing time was 5 months however, by late may 2014 the average processing time was increased to 5.5 months. Based on my filing date, the processing time is already beyond the time listed in the USCIS’s website.

Moreover, based on conversation with fellow petitioners, we have noticed there is a big disparity between the processing time at the California Services Center (CSC) and the Texas Services Center (TSC); while CSC is processing this type of applications within 60 to 90 days, TSC is taking between 165 to 200 days; this information is also supported by the USCIS dashboard.

Based on the aforementioned facts, I would like to request, respectfully, to look and assign my case to an office that can review it and provide a response. Please note that being separated from my loved one is taking an emotional and economical toll since we have several plans and dreams we would like to accomplish together here in the United States.

The information about my case is as follows:

Receipt: SRC-XX-XXX-XXXX-XX

NOA1 Date: XX/XX/2014

Petitioner: Xxxxx X Xxxxxxx (DOB xx/xx/19xx)

Mailing Address

email address

Beneficiary: Xxxxxxx X Xxxxxxx (DOB xx/xx/19xx)

Any help you can provide, in regard this matter, will be greatly appreciated.

If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me at (email address) or at (phone)

Best Regard,

Xxxxxxx X Xxxxxxxxxx

Petitioner."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

Thank you for the sample e-mail... I just sent mine. I accidentally forgot to include my phone number but I think it will get the point across regardless and all of my other information is included, haha.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah... Too bad everything is a brick wall on my end. I should hear back from my one congressman on the 7th. Or at least I'll be reaching back out to them. They said they "give USCIS 1 month to respond to the inquiry". Sounds real proactive... Not! Best of luck. Try anything and everything. That's what I'm doing. You never know.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yeah... Too bad everything is a brick wall on my end. I should hear back from my one congressman on the 7th. Or at least I'll be reaching back out to them. They said they "give USCIS 1 month to respond to the inquiry". Sounds real proactive... Not! Best of luck. Try anything and everything. That's what I'm doing. You never know.

Hopefully those bricks start collapsing for you :). With all that you have tried, surely something will come out of it. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. :)

02/28/2014 - I-129f Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center / Я-129F Принято и направляется в сервисный центр Техаса

03/04/2014 - NOA1 Notice Date / NOA1 Уведомление Дата

03/05/2014 - NOA1 Received via Email & Text / NOA1 полученных через электронную почту и текст

03/05/2014 - Check Cashed by TSC / Чек обналичены TSC

03/06/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed / Регистрационный номер иностранца Изменен

03/08/2014 - Received NOA1 Hard Copy / Поступило NOA1 Печатная

10/09/2014 - NOA2 Received via Email & Text / NOA2 редакцию по электронной почте и текста (219 DAYS!!)

10/14/2014 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy / Поступила NOA2 Жесткий диск

10/16/2014 - Case Shipped to NVC / Дело Отгружено NVC

10/23/2014 - Case Received by NVC / Дело Поступило NVC

10/24/2014 - Case Number Assigned by NVC / Номер дела, присвоенный NVC

10/27/2014 - Case Left NVC for Moscow Consulate / Дело Левый NVC для Москва консульства

10/29/2014 - Moscow Consulate Received Case and Changed Status to Ready / Москва Консульство получил случай и изменила статус Готов

11/24/2014 - Medical Exam / Медицинский экзамен

11/26/2014 - K-1 Interview (Approved!!) / K-1 Интервью (утвержденный!!)

event.png

Hey sorry to hear you having such problems. It is normal for an agency to have a period of time to respond. 30 Days is a lot. I would be extremely surprised if your petition is not approved immediately. Usually when a congressman gets involved they get on the ball becaise the congressman is worried about votes especially in an election year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.