2015-01-02 Wedding

---AOS---

2015-01-09 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

2015-01-12 AOS package received

2015-01-14 Email received: Case accepted and routed

2015-01-15 Check cashed

2015-01-20 Received NOAs in the mail

2015-02-07 Received Biometrics letter in the mail

2015-02-19 Biometrics Appt in Raleigh office.

2015-03-13 EAD and AP approved

2015-03-19 EAD and AP sent

2015-03-21 Received EAD/AP combo card

2015-03-26 Received 2nd Biometrics appointment for Charlotte office

2015-04-08 2nd Biometrics

2015-06-15 Received NPIW dated 06-11

2015-08-01 Green Card Approved

2015-08-03 Welcome Letter Mailed

2015-08-07 Welcome Letter Received

2015-08-22 Card Mailed

2015-08-26 Card Received

2015-11-20 Enlisted in the USMC

2016-02-16 Shipping date to bootcamp

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You wait for your approved petition to go through the NVC, get a case # and be sent to your consulate, and you research what needs to be done to apply for a K-1 visa at the consulate in your country abroad. Follow their instructions.

http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/k1-k2_instructions.html

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

You wait for your approved petition to go through the NVC, get a case # and be sent to your consulate, and you research what needs to be done to apply for a K-1 visa at the consulate in your country abroad. Follow their instructions.

http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/k1-k2_instructions.html

thank u very much

Prima eres tu? :) O es ota yenni? jejeje

Nosotros usamos este link muuuuchooo:

***What To Do After You Receive Your NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

http://www.visajourn...eiving_the_NOA2***

Responses can be made in the NOA2 thread:

http://www.visajourn...our-noa2/page-5

Prima eres tu? :) O es ota yenni? jejeje

Nosotros usamos este link muuuuchooo:

***What To Do After You Receive Your NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

http://www.visajourn...eiving_the_NOA2***

Responses can be made in the NOA2 thread:

http://www.visajourn...our-noa2/page-5

jajaja no es tu prima lol

mil gracias por el link :)

After NVC gives you your case number you can follow your case at the following website:

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

It will show you the last time your case was updated. I liked to see when our case was updated because then I knew things were moving forward.

I found that emailing the santo domingo embassy for interview information, questions, and concerns was most helpful. They often answered within a few days of a week at the most. If they didn't answer within four days I would resend the original message and received an answer shortly after. Here is the email address: santodomingovisas@state.gov

I orignally called the 1-877-804-5402 and paid the $8.00 to find out our interview date. I called exactly two weeks after receiving our case number and all they could tell me was that our case was on it's way to santo domingo. I called two weeks after that (which was a month after receiving our case number) and they were able to tell me our interview date. I also asked when my case was sent to santo domingo and asked for the date it was received in santo domingo. If I were to do it different I would just email the embassy because they were able to verify the same information.

I then constantly checked this website for scheduled appointments: Scheduled Appointment List Even though our appointment was scheduled it didn't show up on this website until about 5-6 weeks before the interview date.

I received packet 4 here in the US about 5 weeks before our interview and my fiance received it in the Dominican Republic almost exactly 1 month before the interview. We were a little panicked because many people say they never receive packet four. I had been emailing the embassy and they will email you packet four as long as you don't receive it one month before your interview date. They won't send it any earlier. For example, our interview was on May 21 and they soonest they would send it is April 21. Therefore, I made sure I was emailing them a week before April 21 letting them know I hadn't received it because I had learned that sometimes it takes them ONE week to respond ( I wanted to make sure we had time to do everything).

The only thing you can do is start getting organized now and get as much done because there is A LOT to do:

What I learned from our experience:

First: Get your birth certificate extensiva (LEGALIZADA) for your dominican fiance and their children if they have any. You get them LEGALIZADA in La Romana and I believe you can do it in Santo Domingo. We got two of everything. One for our case because the embassy will keep it and one to bring to the USA for work, permanant residence, citizensip basically JUST IN CASE WE NEED IT HERE- start this now because the lines can be long. If it is your first passport and you get it VIP it will take three days. Your passport will not be ready the same day if it is your first passport. We went on a Monday (afternoon), and returned Wednesday morning for it. If you do not pay VIP fee it takes about a week in a half to be ready.

Second: Get passport photos and make sure they are 2x2 ( we had to go like three times because they kept printing them the wrong size) Make sure you tell them 2x2 and get like 8 of them

Third: Get your Dominican Passport. You will need it for your medical exam and to pay Banco Popular Fees.

Fourth: Pay Banco Popular fees and DO NOT LOSE THE RECEIPTS ( YOU NEED TWO OF THEM)

FOURTH: Organize your evidence of relationship, emails, phone bills, text, boarding passes, pictures of video messaging, etc.

Fifth: Review some interview questions or questions people post on their interview experience. It was helpful just to have a general idea. One thing they asked us at the beginning and end of the interview was how many times I had visited my fiance. I said eight at the beginning of the interview and the officer asked me at the end of the interview: So you visited him six times? and I said, "No officer. Eight times and repeated the exact same thing I had said at the beginning. He asked for photos and we submitted eight photo collages with 12-15 photos of each visit. This was easy and organized so we didn't have to carry so many pictures. He appreciated it.

Sixth: Get your police certificate- The soonest you can do this is one month before your interview (this was ready same day but took like five hours-you don't have to sit there and wait).

Seventh: The soonest you can do your medical exam is one month before the interview. We did it 28 days before our interview. It takes time so just get as much done before the interview so you will be less stressed the day of the interview

I hope this helps. Use the link above and ask as many questions to people on this website. This website helped SOOOOOOOO much!

bueno! jajaja es coincidencia que tambien una prima de mi esposo se llama yenni jajaja y le dije de esta pagina in julio :) bueno yo me llamo Loreina y aqui estoy a tus ordenes si necesitas ayuda. es un processooooo largo pero si se puede :) es un placer

jajaja no es tu prima lol
mil gracias por el link :)

bueno! jajaja es coincidencia que tambien una prima de mi esposo se llama yenni jajaja y le dije de esta pagina in julio :) bueno yo me llamo Loreina y aqui estoy a tus ordenes si necesitas ayuda. es un processooooo largo pero si se puede :) es un placer

es un placer muchas gracias por toda esa información sirvio de mucha ayuda si mr habian dicho de que nunca llega el packet 4 ...el proceso es algo largo definitivamente ....il gracias si ya empecé a organizar las evidencias y q tiempo debe tener la acta de nacimiento?

de nada. la acta no mas necesita estar legalizada y extensiva. No hay tiempo por eso. puedes ir a buscar eso ahora miso. en cual parte del pais tu vives?

es un placer muchas gracias por toda esa información sirvio de mucha ayuda si mr habian dicho de que nunca llega el packet 4 ...el proceso es algo largo definitivamente ....il gracias si ya empecé a organizar las evidencias y q tiempo debe tener la acta de nacimiento?

de nada. la acta no mas necesita estar legalizada y extensiva. No hay tiempo por eso. puedes ir a buscar eso ahora miso. en cual parte del pais tu vives?

Oh ok en santo domingo, si se donde solicitarla y la legalizo son muchos formularios los q hay q llenar para llevar al consulado?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Caribbean regional - topic specific to the DR and languages other than English allowed in regional forums ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Si unos cuantos cosas ques necesitas. Te voy buscar una lista que yo encontre. Todo esta en ese link pero hay otra lugar donde lo ponen en los dios idiomas. necesitas estar muy organizada con los papeles por que hay unos cuantas cosas y no se pueden olividar ni perder. Luego te los buscos ok

Oh ok en santo domingo, si se donde solicitarla y la legalizo son muchos formularios los q hay q llenar para llevar al consulado?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.