meredith pa

newbie = I just sent the I-751

4 posts in this topic

Hi

IM new to the forum...here is:

I entered on a k1, got married etc...got my greencard and everything went super smooth!

today mailed the I-751 with the new fee 275.00 filling jointly. It'll be there by tomorrow afternoon and ...

Well, my card ony expires on 03/03...so we are filling withn 90 days...

we organized the copies of documents in a big sturdy Ring Binder with tabs.....

put a Cover Letter form, form, money order, and we sent all the copies off:

• permanent res. card front and back, copy of marriage license, welcome notice
  • my passport page stamped with the i 551 , my husband's passpor, since he is a citizen
  • my driver's learn permit (I'm still working on getting the drivers license)
  • electrical+ water bill in my husband name, showing our address
  • Joint taxes for years 2003 , 04, 05, 06
  • 3 affidavits, from a neighboor, family, and a friend, two are notarized
  • a few photos taken in several occasions with family
  • joint health insurance cards from two different insurers
  • letter from the company my hubby works stating that I' have been his beneficiary since 2003
  • a few benefits statements from the health insurance showing joint insurance
  • bank statements from our joint account 2005, 2006 , bank notice from 2007,
  • medical bills and letters from 04/ 05 /06 from doctor's office on my name
  • evelopes/letters/holiday cards addressed to both of us from 2003 to 2006
  • a few magazine covers for my subscription, netflix
  • a few

miscelaneous bills/invoices/receipts, on my name showing our address.

My husband wanted to send less docs, I end up adding more, just in case..Some items may not be necessary

I know we are suppose to show evidence from all years...as we are simple people, we don't have mortgage, loan or car title jointly, or anything fancy....so I hope we did just fine, and that the documents we sent are enough proof.

It would be easier if they visited us to see that we are married : :yes:

Well, now I'm really anxious...I don't know why people have to send evidence of marriage, when they are married...?

I hope we did just fine ...and they soon remove the conditions...and I will share my experience as this progressess!

Good luck to you all!

Meredithpa

Permanent resident with10 year greencard 

Hi there,

yes, maybe we overdid a little...but

the way it is organized in the file, doesn't look like a lot ...

but, I guess there was no need to send copies of notices or passport ...

We sent to Vermont....I'm hoping for a speedy approval...

meredith

Wow thats some list.... we have to file in Aug this year and I am starting to get together our stuff... Hope you get a speedy approval...

Good Luck

Kez

Permanent resident with10 year greencard 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.