kissmystars83

Is anyone else stuck in "ready" status? Jamaica

127 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Has anyone contacted the Embassy and was able to talk to someone or were you directed to just email them?

I called NVC....they not seeing nothing. All they could tell me is that they just not done reviewing my case. #######? How can you approve someone but take a month and longer to do final processing. Hell, im not even in final stages let them tell it....smh...

Timeline

I decided I wouldn't call or email them because it serves no purpose to me..I am just waiting on them..the saying is true " Coming to America is a privilege, not a right" so I hope and pray they give my fiance the privilege. I would love to tell you not to worry because everything will be ok..but we are only human...just keep praying hun prayer move mountains.

Timeline

Has anyone contacted the Embassy and was able to talk to someone or were you directed to just email them?

I called NVC....they not seeing nothing. All they could tell me is that they just not done reviewing my case. #######? How can you approve someone but take a month and longer to do final processing. Hell, im not even in final stages let them tell it....smh...

They wont take your call. I dealt with that a year ago. When you try and pressure the person on the phone, they just connect you to an automated message giving you the email address.

As for emailing. I have no idea what the heck! It's as if each department doesn't communicate progress. An example was from a post I read where the petitioner emailed and the response stated their case is still under review and it could be a few more weeks, yet status changed just 2 days later to issued. If you email them, I can almost guarantee you're going to get the same general response given before. What confuses me is how long they take to respond.

NVC also cannot give you any information. All they have is a computer screen that only gives them the same information we already have. I know they can view the email thread between us and the embassy.

I agree with you that it makes no sense what is taking so long and why we aren't privy to what part of our petition is holding the process up. Obviously, not all petitions take this long since one of our other fellow case members that had their interview same day, got their visa last Friday 5 Sept.

I truly wish there was something I could tell you to relieve the anxiety as I am also feeling the pressure.

Timeline

Well ladies, I dont want to keep bringing others down so I wont post again until I see/hear good news.

I swear im gonna remember this case number for life after all this...like its my social, lol.

Timeline

Well ladies, I dont want to keep bringing others down so I wont post again until I see/hear good news.

I swear im gonna remember this case number for life after all this...like its my social, lol.

You aren't bringing me down at all. Although I feel for your situation, it's comforting to know I'm not the only one waiting and wondering

Timeline

I swear im gonna remember this case number for lifeafter all this...like its my social, lol.

Your not bringing me not.. please post however you feel, we are here to embrace each other.

Timeline

I check my status and somebody touched it. THANK GOD. It now shows AP with todays date....hope they keep working and issue that sucka!

So it said ready before, now says AP? We still say refused

Timeline

So it said ready before, now says AP? We still say refused

Yes. It was stuck on ready for five weeks. Now it actually says AP. Even though when I emailed a thousand times they already told me it was in AP but nobody would answer why the internet does not reflect.

Timeline

Doesn't it go ap-ready-ap-issued? Or something like that? I saw a thread awhile back about that.

I dont know. I tried to follow thise threads but with my case it never went into AP until now. They status on CEAC stayed "Read" all this time, but was changed to non immigrant a couple days after interview which was 8/8/14.

Timeline

I dont know. I tried to follow thise threads but with my case it never went into AP until now. They status on CEAC stayed "Read" all this time, but was changed to non immigrant a couple days after interview which was 8/8/

Hope something change for you real soon...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes same here. The wait and not knowing is stressful! I'm nowhere near that hurdle yet but I sincerely wish u the best and hope the visa gets issued soon!

Timeline

Mine has been refused since 17 Sept 2013. The status update has changed several times but that's it. According to NVC it's still in AP

I hope you get an update soon too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.