kissmystars83

Is anyone else stuck in "ready" status? Jamaica

127 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I had emailed them from my fiance's acct Wed and from my acct Wed. On Fri I got a response from my acct saying they would send off the visa once registered with DHL. We have been registered with DHL from a year ago and never told us we had to re register when the system changed. All I knew is I was having a tough time figuring out how to create a new acct Fri afternoon. Finally got it all sorted out and come Mon, we also got an update date change but still no status change from refused. Later that same morning I get a response from my fiance's email stating it's still in AP. WTHEEE????? What's the email that says the visa will be sent off once we're registered? These people are so disorganized. One dep doesn't communicate with the other, and seriously who knows if they have monkeys replying to emails??? Actually, I think it's an insult to monkeys to claim they are the result of misinformation via emails. All we can do is wait but I sure would like to get the visa "while we're young!"

Timeline

The following is the email dated 19 Sept

Kingston, IV
Sep 19 (4 days ago)
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Good day Sir/Madam.

The visa will be sent off to DHL once you have registered.

Regards

Kingstoniv

This following is the email I received right after my last message here on VJ

Kingston, IV
11:28 AM (14 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Dear Madam:

There is no fee requirement for the DHL delivery. The packet will be sent to DHL as soon as the visa is issued.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Wouldn't you all agree this is confusing???? I'm so over them. I think I've aged 50 years through this process

Timeline

Very much.

Im laughing so hard at the "ageing 50 years" lol. OMG, I swear I felt the same way!

Then you can imagine how I'm feeling, considering our interview was same day as yours? Had we got our visa a week later, I wouldn't be so aggravated because it would make a timeline sense because our medical was received a week later.

Remember, too, we also have waited an extra year because of the refusal last year? About the time they're going to issue the visa, all the current employees will need to retire and the process will start over because the new employees won't know what's going on

Timeline

Good news on our end...ISSUED! I'm sooo excited, finally!

Congrats!!!! They told me to have my fiance bring in the papers instead of mailing them. I feel better knowing what the problem is.

Sheldonsgirl did you get the visa delivered??

Timeline

Congrats!!!! They told me to have my fiance bring in the papers instead of mailing them. I feel better knowing what the problem is.

Sheldonsgirl did you get the visa delivered??

Nope! Wed they changed status to ready and that's all I've heard

Timeline

At least its doing something.

I can't disagree but after receiving and email from them last Fri that stated they would send off the visa once we're registered implies they have the visa. They are so all over the place. Reminds me of the email where they stated they're systematic. All of us VJers know that's a crock. Seems they change up their system all the time or it would be figured out by now. Due to the fact they have no system, we're always out here wondering. Nocreepers went into ready status less than a week after her interview and stayed that way until 10 Sept to AP with issue 11 Sept. LionessDeon stated it's AP-ready-AP then issue. So just by those two examples, along with mine, nothing systematic about it at all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well that's what i saw in another thread from another VJer's post as to the sequence. It wasn't a Jamaica thread so who knows! I'm quite a bit behind you all in this wonderful process so I probably shouldn't comment or repeat things i hear (see). I'm learning alot from you ladies. It helps alot to know what to do and expect! I just hope you all get your men here soon!! Being apart sucks!!

Timeline

Well that's what i saw in another thread from another VJer's post as to the sequence. It wasn't a Jamaica thread so who knows! I'm quite a bit behind you all in this wonderful process so I probably shouldn't comment or repeat things i hear (see). I'm learning alot from you ladies. It helps alot to know what to do and expect! I just hope you all get your men here soon!! Being apart sucks!!

I don't have a problem with you repeating what you read. In fact, when you commented, you commented in a question fashion. You didn't state as its a fact. My point in using your example is how unsystematic they are. If they were systematic, a lot of the process wouldn't keep so many in the dark

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't have a problem with you repeating what you read. In fact, when you commented, you commented in a question fashion. You didn't state as its a fact. My point in using your example is how unsystematic they are. If they were systematic, a lot of the process wouldn't keep so many in the dark

Totally agree! If they were systematic there would be alot more efficiency and dependability! Oh well is life Jah know.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.