sam89

Question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

My petition was just received by NVC August 19 but I haven't gotten anything in my e-mail and they mailed out a packet today so it won't get here for maybe a week or two. I'm planning on going to Jordan soon for a wedding and I want to just stay with my husband until he get's an interview date.

Can I do the rest of the paperwork online? Or does NVC only receive packets by mail? I don't really know what to do in this situation, any one have any ideas?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit/how-to-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

Important: Once you select a group, you must follow this processing method throughout the NVC process. You cannot switch groups later in the process.

If you are eligible to file electronically, then I would recommend that option so that you can just keep submit documents by email. If you are not eligible for electronic filing, then yes you would need to actually send the documents through the mail

Congrats on getting to NVC! :)

s-event.png s-event.png
IR-1/CR-1 Visa : National Benefits Center NVC Received: 2014-01-08
Consulate : Montreal, Canada NVC Case Number: 2014-02-07
Marriage : 2013-02-22 Paid I-864 Bill: 2014-02-13
I-130 Sent : 2013-03-16 Sent I-864 Docs: 2014-02-14
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-03-20 Paid IV Bill: 2014-03-03
Trans. to NSC : 2013-11-05 Sent IV Docs: 2014-03-04
I-130 NOA2: 2013-12-16 Submitted DS-260: 2014-03-06

Case Complete 2014-03-21

Interview & APPROVED 2014-05-08

POE 2014-06-21

Timeline

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/submit/how-to-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

Important: Once you select a group, you must follow this processing method throughout the NVC process. You cannot switch groups later in the process.

If you are eligible to file electronically, then I would recommend that option so that you can just keep submit documents by email. If you are not eligible for electronic filing, then yes you would need to actually send the documents through the mail

Congrats on getting to NVC! :)

Thank you so much!!

Timeline

And I don't actually have to send anything in until they e-mail me right? Or should I be e-mailling documents in before they've even asked?

I'm sorry for all the questions, I don't know anything about NVC! I've read about it but I'm still not sure if I should be doing anything without NVC first telling me to do it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

And I don't actually have to send anything in until they e-mail me right? Or should I be e-mailling documents in before they've even asked?

I'm sorry for all the questions, I don't know anything about NVC! I've read about it but I'm still not sure if I should be doing anything without NVC first telling me to do it

1. you need to send all the required documents electronically via e-mail.

2. you need to wait till they initiate a case# and the IIN.

3. then you will be able to fill the DS-261 and submit it electronically.

4. pay the AOS fees

5. send the AOS package

6. pay the IV fees

7. fill the IV application

8. send the IV package electronically.

Sam, you my have a look at my timeline to estimate the time needed for each step in order to be able to proceed for the next step.

Good luck:)

06-02-13: Marriage

USCIS

08-05-2013: 130 Sent

08-08-2013: NOA1

04-23-2014: I-130 Approved

NVC

04-28-2014: NVC Received

05-21-2014: case # and IIN are initiated

05-30-2014: case # and IIN to be released into the system & DS-261 is submitted

06-02-2014: AOS fees Paid

06-04-2014: AOS package was sent via mail

07-07-2014: AOS package was re-sent electronically via e-mail

08-02-2014: IV fees Paid

08-07-2014: IV Application is completed

08-07-2014: IV package was re-sent electronically via email

08-27-2014: AOS CHECKLIST

08-27-2014: Respond to Checklist
08-29-2014: Checklist response is received

10-22-2014: Case is complete
10-29-2014: Completion letter is received via e-mail

11-03-2014: Interview is scheduled
11-03-2014: Interview letter P4 received via e-mail
12-13-2014: Medical Examination

12-21-2014: Interview date - Approved

12-21-2013: Visa Status: Administrative processing

12-23-2013: Visa Status: Issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Timeline

One more question. I just figured out how to do the DS-261 online. Do you put yourself as the agent? Or did you put no agent and just filled it out for him? I'm putting my address here in Texas so I should probably put myself as the agent, right?

So confused

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.