Nicole&Billy

LOOMIS

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just came across the topic of LOOMIS.. I don't really understand what it is for? I know that is isn't needed until your interview date is scheduled (correct?) .. can anyone give me more information on what it is/If it is a necessity? Thank you!!

Loomis/DHL is a courier company that the US consulates in Canada use to return passports and visas. Through a US VISA website K1 book their interviews and register to get the visa package, cr1/Ir1 just register to get the visa package because thr NVC books our interviews. You need to have registered for it to be allowed in the consulate as a CR1/IR1 or to even book your interview as a k1.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Loomis/DHL is a courier company that the US consulates in Canada use to return passports and visas. Through a US VISA website K1 book their interviews and register to get the visa package, cr1/Ir1 just register to get the visa package because thr NVC books our interviews. You need to have registered for it to be allowed in the consulate as a CR1/IR1 or to even book your interview as a k1.

okay .. and will I receive a letter informing me when to get this? or should I just assume to get it done before my K-1 interview? Also, will I need to register for LOOMIS again once we are approved for the K-3? or just the first time is needed?

Thank you !

What do you mean for thr k3?

Are you doing the k1? Or are you doing the cr1?

The loomis registration doesn't happen until after petition approval, nvc processing (for a k1 it's just a case number) and the case is at the consulate.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For the CR1 this is the process.....please correct me if it is different for K-1

You will be notified when to register with loomis in with the paperwork you get after the petition approval. This paperwork indicates all the things you need to do before the interview and yes, it is a necessity to register with loomis. You also need to have the confirmation page of loomis registration printed out to take with you to the consulate, or they will not let you in.

https://usvisa-info.com/en-ca/selfservice/us_immigrant_visas

Just click on Immigrant Visas (IV) since for this purpose K-1 is considered IV

s-event.png s-event.png
IR-1/CR-1 Visa : National Benefits Center NVC Received: 2014-01-08
Consulate : Montreal, Canada NVC Case Number: 2014-02-07
Marriage : 2013-02-22 Paid I-864 Bill: 2014-02-13
I-130 Sent : 2013-03-16 Sent I-864 Docs: 2014-02-14
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-03-20 Paid IV Bill: 2014-03-03
Trans. to NSC : 2013-11-05 Sent IV Docs: 2014-03-04
I-130 NOA2: 2013-12-16 Submitted DS-260: 2014-03-06

Case Complete 2014-03-21

Interview & APPROVED 2014-05-08

POE 2014-06-21

When you schedule your interview online you will select where you want your passport shipped to if your visa is approved at the interview ("Loomis branch"). You can also pay to have it shipped to a specific address.

Think of it as the fedex/ups for passports.

How far along are you in the k1 process? :time:

Timeline

When you schedule your interview online you will select where you want your passport shipped to if your visa is approved at the interview ("Loomis branch"). You can also pay to have it shipped to a specific address.

Think of it as the fedex/ups for passports.

How far along are you in the k1 process? :time:

Okay, thank you for the info! and we are right at the beginning.. we are sending our I-129F packet this weekend! I will be sure to update my timeline as soon as we do!

thanks again

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Hi All.

I am very confused about the "loomis" deal. My case is CR-1 and I have not received anything from loomis, just an email from NVC informing of an interview date in less than three weeks from today. No package or nothing, just an electronic email.

Do I need to worry?

Does this "loomis" thing only apply to K-1 folk? at this stage I hate to assume

Hi All.

I am very confused about the "loomis" deal. My case is CR-1 and I have not received anything from loomis, just an email from NVC informing of an interview date in less than three weeks from today. No package or nothing, just an electronic email.

Do I need to worry?

Does this "loomis" thing only apply to K-1 folk? at this stage I hate to assume

https://usvisa-info.com/en-ca/selfservice/ss_country_welcome

You have to sign up for loomis. Create an account and sign up for courier services only. You need the confirmation that you signed up to even get into the consulate on your interview day.

P4 or package 4 is only an email. Print that off for your medical and your interview date.

Timeline

I sure am glad that I asked about Loomis, thank you NLR.

So I just need to set up an account with Loomis and print the confirmation that I have an account, thats it?

This is very strange that no NVC letter/notice that advice me of this, could have made the trip and not being able to get in the consulate.

Thanks again

I sure am glad that I asked about Loomis, thank you NLR.

So I just need to set up an account with Loomis and print the confirmation that I have an account, thats it?

This is very strange that no NVC letter/notice that advice me of this, could have made the trip and not being able to get in the consulate.

Thanks again

It's actually pretty common that people don't have the letter and are turned away. Thank god for VJ!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.