Shabz

Rescheduled or Cancelled Interview?????

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

so my husband got a letter from USCIS that his interview was August 14, 2014 (we are March Filers). he got a call on Monday August 11th that his inteview has been rescheduled and wll get a letter on Thursday in the mail stating that. well my husband didnt believe it and still went to his interview. he waited for 3 hours and finally some lady helped him. she said that they havnt gotten his file and that she can't help him. well i checked the mail on thursday and all wwe got was a letter that due to circumstances your interview has been scheduled and they will get in touch with us regarding further action or reschedule date. Has anyone gotten this before? we are really worried as in what is going on? i dont understand why they would cancel his interrview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

so my husband got a letter from USCIS that his interview was August 14, 2014 (we are March Filers). he got a call on Monday August 11th that his inteview has been rescheduled and wll get a letter on Thursday in the mail stating that. well my husband didnt believe it and still went to his interview. he waited for 3 hours and finally some lady helped him. she said that they havnt gotten his file and that she can't help him. well i checked the mail on thursday and all wwe got was a letter that due to circumstances your interview has been scheduled and they will get in touch with us regarding further action or reschedule date. Has anyone gotten this before? we are really worried as in what is going on? i dont understand why they would cancel his interrview.

This is inconvenient, but don't worry too much. This happens from time to time; there have been several instances of this happening to VisaJourney members and they get the exact same letter. The reason is almost always excuses of either:

- a weather issue that causes the office to shut down

- the applicant's file arriving at the local office in time for the interview

Now that they've had to reschedule the interview, they should follow up and make sure that the file gets to them soon. However, there have been cases where the local office doesn't follow up, and so the file never gets sent to them.

My advice is for you to wait a couple of weeks for a rescheduled interview notice. If you don't receive it, then schedule an Infopass appointment and got talk to them.

Hopefully, they'll get the file soon and send out the new interview letter soon.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

This is inconvenient, but don't worry too much. This happens from time to time; there have been several instances of this happening to VisaJourney members and they get the exact same letter. The reason is almost always excuses of either:

- a weather issue that causes the office to shut down

- the applicant's file arriving at the local office in time for the interview

Now that they've had to reschedule the interview, they should follow up and make sure that the file gets to them soon. However, there have been cases where the local office doesn't follow up, and so the file never gets sent to them.

My advice is for you to wait a couple of weeks for a rescheduled interview notice. If you don't receive it, then schedule an Infopass appointment and got talk to them.

Hopefully, they'll get the file soon and send out the new interview letter soon.

that is very inconvenient. yeah the lady at the inteview office said they she doesnt have his file.

what is an infopass appointment? is it for the local office?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

that is very inconvenient. yeah the lady at the inteview office said they she doesnt have his file.

what is an infopass appointment? is it for the local office?

Yes, it's a pre-scheduled appointment that you can request so you can talk to someone at the local office.

https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_lang.php?sel_lang=en

However, there's really no point in going in right now, because when your husband went in on the day of his canceled interview, they told him they didn't have the file and they'll likely tell him the same thing today. So even though it is inconvenient, give them some time to reschedule the interview; they will not be able to interview him until they have their file in his office.

If you don't want to go to the local office in person, you can try calling, but people often don't get the very useful information on the phone with USCIS.

Sometimes there is a delay in sending the file to the local office and sometimes the local office gets ahead of things and schedules an interview too early. It is very unlikely that the rescheduling has anything to do with eligibility; it's just a timing error.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.