Sponge

N-400 Spouse's Naturalization Date

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hi, I'm filling out the N-400, and my husband doesn't know his naturalization date. His parents were naturalized in the 90s, and in different years. He knows he was naturalized through them. His father says naturalization happened when he was naturalized (two years after the mother), but all I can find online only is rulings for 2001 and beyond.

I called USCIS and they said we have to obtain an appointment to find this information, and the earliest available date is over two months from now.

Can/should I leave it blank and leave an explanation on a letter?

8RWIm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Happy Chic, I believe what OP's asking is indeed the N-400 for herself. It asks about our spouse and if they acquired citizenship by birth or if they were naturalized. In case of Naturalization you need to indicate how and when it happened. The husband is already naturalized, so he doesn't need to file for naturalization. ;)

OP, I don't know how you'd proceed with this, leaving blank doesn't seem like a good option if you're filing based on marriage to an USC I'd think this would be important for USCIS.

Edited by Ladylethal

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

Happy Chic, I believe what OP's asking is indeed the N-400 for herself. It asks about our spouse and if they acquired citizenship by birth or if they were naturalized. In case of Naturalization you need to indicate how and when it happened. The husband is already naturalized, so he doesn't need to file for naturalization. ;)

OP, I don't know how you'd proceed with this, leaving blank doesn't seem like a good option if you're filing based on marriage to an USC I'd think this would be important for USCIS.

Thank you, yes, this is exactly the issue. Wouldn't the passport be sufficient proof of citizenship though? If it wasn't two months' time for the infopass to get this information, I would be fine waiting. They refused to provide the information over the phone.

8RWIm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.