sinbad55

sending AOS and IV PACKAGE

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello, not at this stage yet but trying to make sure I got every thing covered. have two questions (1)If you have a lawyer you can send AOS and IV package together, if not you have to send AOS and wait on IV invoice which can be 30 to 60 days later? (2) Do u have to fill out a ds-260 for spouse minor child under 5?

Edited by sinbad55

DS-260 must be filled out for anyone who is immigrating and has their own petition. Step children of USCs (or children who do not qualify for a CRBA) need their own petition, and thus their own DS-260 and IV package.

You always can send the AOS and IV packages together, however, each needs their own bar coded cover sheet from their own invoice. If you do not have a lawyer the IV invoice will be from 10-60 days after the acceptance of the DS-261.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Timeline

DS-260 must be filled out for anyone who is immigrating and has their own petition. Step children of USCs (or children who do not qualify for a CRBA) need their own petition, and thus their own DS-260 and IV package.

You always can send the AOS and IV packages together, however, each needs their own bar coded cover sheet from their own invoice. If you do not have a lawyer the IV invoice will be from 10-60 days after the acceptance of the DS-261.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

So once I get the IV invoice without a lawyer I have to wait for another 30-60 days for a case complete, if their is no RFE

So once I get the IV invoice without a lawyer I have to wait for another 30-60 days for a case complete, if their is no RFE

If you don't get a checklist on either the AOS or the IV yes.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Wow they make u spend money or wait longer

not really... the DS-261 just doesn't need to be completed if you have lawyer because that person is automatically the "agent".

Personally I think the DS-261 form is obsolete and completely unnecessary, but the NVC thinks otherwise.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.