Sohailkhan

does my "abroad living history" have some good impact on visa approval!!!!!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have lived in London for about 5 years. Will this "history" help me save from Ap..?

(F)USCIS

Citizenship

01 January 2018: Online application

02 January 2018: NOA

06 January 2018: Biometric Notice

22 January 2018: Biometric appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Unfortunately nothing helps you avoid AP, especially being from a high risk country. That being said, I do think it helped my husband (fiance at the time) get his visa quicker, although I have no proof of that. We filed for a k-1 visa while he was in the UK. His visa was expiring there so he went back to Pakistan to interview. I do believe the fact that he went back helped a lot. It showed that he wasn't just trying to leave the Pakistan bcz he could have just overstayed in the UK or gotten married there and adjusted status. As it turned out his AP was only for a few days before his visa was issued. On the reverse, it may make it harder for you to prove your case if your visa is expiring or you are out of status in the UK and are trying to go to the US. They may think you are just trying to avoid going back to Pakistan. In the end, all you can do is be completely honest and sincere at the interview and see what happens. Plan on AP taking anywhere from days to years. On a side note, it's best not to travel while you are in AP so make sure you'll be able to stay in the UK for an extended period of time. I am not well versed in this area, but have read that many times on this site. Maybe there is a more senior member that can speak to that part of things and correct me if I am wrong?

Good luck with your journey!

Timeline

Thanks a lot for a detailed reply. To add few things, my situation is the same as your fiance,s. I have come back to pak. My I-130 was approved while I was in London but for Nvc process I thought pakistan is better option because a UK visa can get expired during the nvc process and re. Apply takes time. I have also changed US embassy from London to islamabad and nvc has issued me a new case number started from islxxxxxxx. I hope they send my case to islamabad not to London...

Thanks a lot for a detailed reply. To add few things, my situation is the same as your fiance,s. I have come back to pak. My I-130 was approved while I was in London but for Nvc process I thought pakistan is better option because a UK visa can get expired during the nvc process and re. Apply takes time. I have also changed US embassy from London to islamabad and nvc has issued me a new case number started from islxxxxxxx. I hope they send my case to islamabad not to London...

(F)USCIS

Citizenship

Timeline

Yes, it sounds like your situation is very similar to ours. If your case number starts with ISL then it should go to Pakistan. They sent ours to London and we had to get it transferred which took a while to go through. They never gave us a new number. Our case started with LND the whole way through the process. Hopefully you will get approved as quickly as we did. Other things that I think helped expedite our case is that were were both of the same religion and we had pics together with his family.

Good luck!

Timeline

You have to send them request for change of embassy and after change they issue new case number.I have gone through this process. We too have same (pashtoon) background and ofcourse same religion.

One of my friend who also came for London for visa process got approved on interview day. Yours and his case indicates good signs to me. The rest Allah knows what is going to happen.

(F)USCIS

Citizenship

Timeline

You have to send them request for change of embassy and after change they issue new case number.I have gone through this process. We too have same (pashtoon) background and ofcourse same religion.

One of my friend who also came for London for visa process got approved on interview day. Yours and his case indicates good signs to me. The rest Allah knows what is going to happen.

I'm not sure why we never got a new case number. They just added some digits onto the end of your original LND case number. InshaAllah you will be approved quickly.

Timeline

Your situation is exact same as my husband's :) .. I really hope things work out for all of us insha'Allah ..!! GOOD LUCK

:wub: Married The Love Of My Life Aug 22, 2013 :wub:

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

USCIS

Sep-14-2013: I-130 sent

Sep-17-2013: NOA1

Mar-04-2014: Case Transferred to CSC

Mar-21-2014: NOA2 :dancing:

Mar-27-2014: NOA2 Hard Copy

NVC

Apr-07-2014: NVC Received

Apr-28-2014: Requested For Expedite

May-06-2014: Case Number Assigned (Starting With ISL)

May-08-2014: Consulate Denied Expedite Request

May-09-2014: Email Received (Case Number Starting With LND) :wacko:

May-09-2014: Sent Email To NVC To Change Beneficiary's Consulate

May-12-2014: Received Email From NVC > Request For An Expedite Is Under Review WTH..! :? :blink:

May-22-2014: Expedite Request Denied AGAIN..!!

May-23-2014: Ds-261 Submitted

May-23-2014: AOS Fees Payed

June-03-2014: Reply from NVC - case change request under review

July-02-2014: FINALLY..!! NEW CASE NUMBER RECEIVED :dancing:

July-07-2014: IV fee invoiced & PAYED..!!

July-09-2014: IV fee showed payed & DS-260 Available

July-14-2014: IV Package mailed & DS-260 Submitted (scan date: July 18th)

July-15-2014: AOS package mailed (scan date: July 21st)

Sep-10-2014: IV packet reviewed and accepted..!

Sep-12-2014: CASE COMPLETED..! :dance:

Interview scheduled: 10-03-14

Interview Date: 11-13-14 @ 7:00am (Approved but need to submit a new passport & status=AP)

Nov-19-2014: Submitted new passport

Nov-23-2014: Status date updated but still shows AP

Nov-28-2014: VISA ISSUED

Dec-09-2014: POE - JFK- NY

Dec-15-2014: SS card in the mail

"Distance means so little when someone means so much."

Timeline

Dream angel,,,I went through your timeline,,,it's similar to mine...my iv package was delivered on 12 Aug...I have not received any confirmation email from nvc.have you had any communication with nvc after that...and if you hear from them Plz do let me know. Thanks

(F)USCIS

Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.