LiliBurd

Strange day! I was offered a job in Miami.

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just wanted to let you know my nightmare so you are aware of the "wonderful ppl" who work at the border.

I sold everything, packed my children in my car and went to the border to apply for a TN visa under NAFTA as a RN. It was a large company, I had my offer letter, all my documents..... Just a note, I previously worked in USA for 4 years on same visa with no issue.

I was met by a aggressive, rude border officer who told me " what are you too good to be a bed side Nurse"????

My job was as a RN assisting with quality improvement with the elderly. I was there for 3 hours while he disrespected me, called me names.....I asked for a supervisor.....denied!!!!

I was hysterical I had only my belongings in my mazda, they let me cry, gave me no resolution

I was told I could not come back even with a new letter explaining the job, just told not to come back for TN visa.

Advice......unless you hire a lawyer. I have now been "black listed" and had multiple bad experiences since over a simple visa. We are at 4 months into our k1

Just my experience, I'm sure not everyone has had this trouble.

Filed: Timeline

Inform the person in charge the process entails his company hiring a lawyer

to do all this, U should not pay anything to get the job & Administrative work

may not qualify, however listen to him do research by calling immigration to

find out whats the process, and keep your original plan in mind, I suspect they

don't know the in & outs of immigration so they figure an affidavit to prove U R

getting a job is enough....at the same time keep in mind there R very savvy

scammers worldwide good luck

Edited by Jawaree

Just wanted to let you know my nightmare so you are aware of the "wonderful ppl" who work at the border.

I sold everything, packed my children in my car and went to the border to apply for a TN visa under NAFTA as a RN. It was a large company, I had my offer letter, all my documents..... Just a note, I previously worked in USA for 4 years on same visa with no issue.

I was met by a aggressive, rude border officer who told me " what are you too good to be a bed side Nurse"????

My job was as a RN assisting with quality improvement with the elderly. I was there for 3 hours while he disrespected me, called me names.....I asked for a supervisor.....denied!!!!

I was hysterical I had only my belongings in my mazda, they let me cry, gave me no resolution

I was told I could not come back even with a new letter explaining the job, just told not to come back for TN visa.

Advice......unless you hire a lawyer. I have now been "black listed" and had multiple bad experiences since over a simple visa. We are at 4 months into our k1

Just my experience, I'm sure not everyone has had this trouble.

Omg what a nightmare. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Hopefuly your POE goes smoother with the K-1.

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

Timeline

sounds like scam... they will probably ask you to send money and then you will not hear from them...

*** I am the beneficiary ***

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2014-02-10

NOA1 : 2014-02-18

NOA2 USCIS Notification - Hardcopy : 2014-08-11 (174 days)

Case received by NVC: 2014-08-15

Case number assigned: 2014-08-27

Case left NVC to consulate: 2014-08-28

Received by consulate: 2014-09-08

Received Packet 3: 2014-09-12

Sent Packet 3: 2014-12-05

Received Packet 4: 2014-12-11

Medical: 2015-01-19

Interview Date: 2015-02-06 (APPROVED)

No one is asking no one to send money. They simply do not know the process as mentioned by others, most people don't know or understand immigration because they simply do not have to.

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

So I spoke to the Dentist yesterday. He is really nice, I explained my concerns and he absolutely understood. He said he used to hire French Canadians all the time to go work for him in Miami, but that was over 15 years ago so obviously things are different now. I told him I would look into it a bit more, but that it was most probably not possible. He seemed more disappointed than I was lol and asked me to call him back on Monday with the final verdict. I guess we will stick to our original plan and k-1 visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Nothing has changed in 15 years that would have an impact on your situation.

It is not up to you to look into it, it is up to him! More specifically his Immigration Lawyer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

No one is asking no one to send money. They simply do not know the process as mentioned by others, most people don't know or understand immigration because they simply do not have to.

I think I clearly said 'They probably will' as in the future. This was just an assumption, but it's a possibility since there are so many scammers out there. Or maybe they simply do not know immigration procedures, like you said. As the person above mentioned, it's not up to you to figure it out, it's the employer. If he is really interested in hiring you, he should look into it. It is strange though that he quickly offered you a job with only a phone interview. Employers abroad usually look into a person's background before going through all the trouble... Sorry I just want you to be careful and not ruin your chances to be with your future hubby! The K1 route is safer.

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Transferred? No

Timeline

Also as a fellow Canadian :) Just want the best for you... Are you from Montreal?

Edited by sweetgal8

laB4m4.png

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Transferred? No

Also as a fellow Canadian :) Just want the best for you... Are you from Montreal?

I have been living in Montreal for the past 12 years now, born and raised in Quebec City. Where are you from?

I was just emphasizing that I want to be with my future husband and do it the right way. I would NEVER pay anyone to move to the U.S. it's not like I'm desperate or a dumb kid that is willing to do just about anything. It was just a strange coincidence, and I'm positive this particular employer is not trying to scam anyone, if anything he is simply ignorant about immigration and wants someone that speaks french and understands the culture.

Edited by LiliBurd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.