Jedi2155

Medical exam and interview scheduling

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. Im from Cebu. im just wondering, do i need to go Manila twice? First for the medical examination and second for the interview? How long does it usually take to complete the medical examination and how about for the interview?. Im working as a nurse in a private hospital in Cebu and I only get one day or two days off (that's the maximum, if I ask my supervisor) so Im really careful with the time I need for this. Also, is St. Luke's Hospital the only institution that can conduct the medical exam?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yup, medical exam is processed for 2 days. Some got their medical done just for one day. Second day is for immunization. It usually depends on what will be the result of your medical exam. My advice is book a hotel near SLEC.

Edited by keshalaurent

you need at least a week.

the medical, as mentioned, is usually 2 days, if youre one of the first in the door, you might get it done in one. slec is the only place to get it done, and according to the embassies website, and slec's website, it should be done at least a week before the interview. i saw somewhere that said 2 weeks, but only saw that once. some have gotten lucky and had the medical done the day before and somehow the results made it to the embassy in time for the interview, dont count on that happening.

embassy interview is one day, but plan an early morning.

for your situation, i guess two trips would be in order. leave after work, if you can get a flight, or early am, and head right to slec after checking in, and do the second day, then fly home. hope that makes sense.

interview is about the same, fly in the night before, do the interview, then head to the airport.

best wishes, hope it all works out for ya.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. Im from Cebu. im just wondering, do i need to go Manila twice? First for the medical examination and second for the interview? How long does it usually take to complete the medical examination and how about for the interview?. Im working as a nurse in a private hospital in Cebu and I only get one day or two days off (that's the maximum, if I ask my supervisor) so Im really careful with the time I need for this. Also, is St. Luke's Hospital the only institution that can conduct the medical exam?

Yup, two trips. Medical is normally 2 days, and you can only do the medical at St. Luke's (details in the embassy instructions letter)

Interview is a one day event.

More info in my link below, follow the flashing arrow.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.