davejenni

Cost Of Medical Increased

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I called up a few days ago to make my appointment for my Medical and they told me that the price has increased by £10.

It went up from £160 to £170!!!! :ranting: They must be raking it in!!!! :yes:

Oh well, just another dip into the bottomless money pot which is a requirement for this Visa!!!!! :rolleyes:

By the way, I hope the horrible weather in London didn't affect anyone over the last few days. I saw on the news that flights were cancelled at Heathrow!!

Jenni

Timeline

Andy just had his medical yesterday and they charged him 160 pound but someone that went in just before him got charged 170. Maybe it had to do with when you made your appointment? I'm totally speculating. The weather made the trip down from Manchester a bit of a beast he said the train journey was about 5 hours each way instead of only 2 1/2.

Mary

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I called up a few days ago to make my appointment for my Medical and they told me that the price has increased by £10.

Oh well, just another dip into the bottomless money pot which is a requirement for this Visa!!!!! :rolleyes:

By the way, I hope the horrible weather in London didn't affect anyone over the last few days. I saw on the news that flights were cancelled at Heathrow!!

Jenni

If we got stressed over THAT then the whole process would be even harder to bear. Just pay the money and get on with it. Thank goodness it is only 10 quid and that they didn't put it up to a round 200.

The whole visa business is expensive, get used to it... :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Jenni

We were over for Christmas to visit Annie's family and spent 23 hours at Heathrow from the delays. Not very fun.

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

AND you used to be able to go to Birmingham, changed that a few months before our interview which was a bit of a bummer, hence a trip to London for the medical for us both and then another trip for the interview. All in all damned expensive with hire car and hotels but what the hell, it is only once :thumbs: After all that has been paid out plus we paid for my daughter to take her citizenship, this has not been a cheap experience but it will surely be one of the best bargains we have ever had :dance:

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Timeline

I agree, it's not cheap...but I was far from complaining...merely informing.

I have nothing to stress over...I have had it easy compared to many others, and I have not waited too long. In fact, both my B2 and my I129F were way ahead of the times given on the USCIS website for processing.

So yes, £10 is very little in comparison to what has and will be paid out...but I thought it would be nice to share the mere fact!! :)

Jenni

PS: As for Nuffield Hospitals...give me the NHS anyday!!! I am a Nurse and have worked in both and the pay is good in private...but to be on the other side, as a patient, I would choose NHS every time!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I actually...was glad I didn't have any problems getting into Gatwick on the day of the storm...Actually I arrived in the UK from US on the 1st flight in on Continental...I think I got in a 6:30am....but I saw all the stuff going on with the weather...

Jenni

Edited by Nkybaby

OUR JOURNEY!!!

JUNE-2006 Introduced thru a family member via phone

AUG- 2006 Went to the UK to visit for 4 days, ENDED UP STAYING FOR 8 DAYS!!!

**TALK ON THE PHONE EVERYDAY...FEELINGS ARE STRONG

OCT- 2006 Went to UK for visit/4 days

**PROPOSED

11-27-06 I-129F mailed to Vermont

11-29-06 Receipt of NOA1 (received in mail on Dec 4)

12-08-06 Touched

MID-JAN-2007 Will be going soon to UK for visit/1 week

JAN-10-2007 EMAIL OF APPROVAL FOR NOA2 (Received email 8 times in a row!!!!!)

01-11-07 "TOUCHED"

JAN-23-07 BACK FROM UK-- ENJOYED THE 6 DAYS THERE...

JAN-18-07 RECEIVED LETTER FROM NVC (National Visa Center)

1 WEEK PETITION WILL BE FORWARDED TO THE APPROPRIATE VISA ISSUING POST (LONDON) WHERE INTERVIEW WILL TAKE PLACE....

JAN 24-07 JUST FOUND OUT OVER THE PHONE THAT NVC SENT PETITION TO LONDON ON 1/12/07 & US EMBASSY IN LONDON HAS HAD THE FILE SINCE JAN 17TH 2007

JAN-26-07 HONEY JUST CALLED ME...GOT PACKET 3.... WOW!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.