debeers

filling up forms for AOS from B1/B2 visa, married a USC

4 posts in this topic

Hi to all! I have been reading a lot since I found this website a week ago. To start off, I came here on a B1/B2 visa and while I and my then fiance were having the most enjoyable vacation ever, he popped the question and of course I said yes! and so after a few months of thinking what to do about our situation, ( I was married and separated for a long time in my country, no divorce) I filed for divorce here in the USA and got the final decree 10 weeks ago and so we got married just this weekend. I am now organizing the paperwork for my adjustment of status. I have few concerns of which are:

1. In part 2 of the I-485 it asks: I am applying for an adjustment of status to permanent resident status because??? I dont know which box to tick, seems like i am not fitted to any of the choices:(

2. What will I put in " A Number " ?

3. on the e-Notification of application/petition acceptance, the applicant/petitioner is me, the immigrant? or my husband, the USC

4. In part 3 of I 485, PROCESSING INFORMATION: under A. Marital Status, I was still married on my 1st husband when I came here, just separated for 10 years, is it asking for my marital status when I came in here, or now, anyhow, I am married too right now but to a different person

5. On the I-130 petition for alien relative: question number 7. asks for other names used? should I put my name using my 1st husband's last name? just to help this clear, my passport and visa name is under my 1st husband's name, however, in my petition for divorce, I have also included a request to go back to my former maiden name and it was granted by the court, same time that my final divorce decree came out

6. On the I-767 form, question #16 'WHO MAY FILE FORM I-765, I wrote ©(9), is this correct?

7. On the I-131 form, part 7.1 should i tick one trip or multiple trip or should i just leave them blank?

8. Do I need to fill out a DS 260 form?

9. Lastly, what other proofs of bona fide marriage aside from marriage certificate and photos can I include in my application. I cannot be on the lease of our apartment because they need my SSN and also with his bank account, insurance, utility bills, please enlighten me. Hiring a lawyer is not an option for us right now because we are tight in finances.

10. On the G325A form, employment history, I am not going to lie, I have had part time nannying jobs here and there to help get by, but mostly for just a day, and I do not even know the full names of those people that I nanny for, they just call me ask me if i can baby sit their kids, and that is it. They pay me cash, mostly 25-40 a day and I would sometimes do it twice a week. What shall I put in the full name and address of the employer???

11. The forms that need to be filled out are i-485, I-130, I-131, I-864, G325A, I-765(no bar code on the form), and G325A only?

Thank you so much for taking time to read this. Any help on information will be greatly appreciated:)

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Hi to all! I have been reading a lot since I found this website a week ago. To start off, I came here on a B1/B2 visa and while I and my then fiance were having the most enjoyable vacation ever, he popped the question and of course I said yes! and so after a few months of thinking what to do about our situation, ( I was married and separated for a long time in my country, no divorce) I filed for divorce here in the USA and got the final decree 10 weeks ago and so we got married just this weekend. I am now organizing the paperwork for my adjustment of status. I have few concerns of which are:

1. In part 2 of the I-485 it asks: I am applying for an adjustment of status to permanent resident status because??? I dont know which box to tick, seems like i am not fitted to any of the choices:(

2. What will I put in " A Number " ?

3. on the e-Notification of application/petition acceptance, the applicant/petitioner is me, the immigrant? or my husband, the USC

4. In part 3 of I 485, PROCESSING INFORMATION: under A. Marital Status, I was still married on my 1st husband when I came here, just separated for 10 years, is it asking for my marital status when I came in here, or now, anyhow, I am married too right now but to a different person

5. On the I-130 petition for alien relative: question number 7. asks for other names used? should I put my name using my 1st husband's last name? just to help this clear, my passport and visa name is under my 1st husband's name, however, in my petition for divorce, I have also included a request to go back to my former maiden name and it was granted by the court, same time that my final divorce decree came out

6. On the I-767 form, question #16 'WHO MAY FILE FORM I-765, I wrote ©(9), is this correct?

7. On the I-131 form, part 7.1 should i tick one trip or multiple trip or should i just leave them blank?

8. Do I need to fill out a DS 260 form?

9. Lastly, what other proofs of bona fide marriage aside from marriage certificate and photos can I include in my application. I cannot be on the lease of our apartment because they need my SSN and also with his bank account, insurance, utility bills, please enlighten me. Hiring a lawyer is not an option for us right now because we are tight in finances.

10. On the G325A form, employment history, I am not going to lie, I have had part time nannying jobs here and there to help get by, but mostly for just a day, and I do not even know the full names of those people that I nanny for, they just call me ask me if i can baby sit their kids, and that is it. They pay me cash, mostly 25-40 a day and I would sometimes do it twice a week. What shall I put in the full name and address of the employer???

11. The forms that need to be filled out are i-485, I-130, I-131, I-864, G325A, I-765(no bar code on the form), and G325A only?

Thank you so much for taking time to read this. Any help on information will be greatly appreciated:)

Im not entirely sure of the answer to all your questions, but i can answer a few.

1. In part 2 of the I-485 it asks: I am applying for an adjustment of status to permanent resident status because??? I dont know which box to tick, seems like i am not fitted to any of the choices:( -- You would tick Box A for this , upon being married to a USC you are considered an immediate relative & a visa number is available for you.

2. What will I put in " A Number " ? -- I think you would leave that blank or print "N/a" there as I don't believe an A number is assigned to you until you file a petition of some sort.

3. on the e-Notification of application/petition acceptance, the applicant/petitioner is me, the immigrant? or my husband, the USC-- You are the applicant, Your husband the petitioner.

4. In part 3 of I 485, PROCESSING INFORMATION: under A. Marital Status, I was still married on my 1st husband when I came here, just separated for 10 years, is it asking for my marital status when I came in here, or now, anyhow, I am married too right now but to a different person-- Marital status now which would be married.

5. On the I-130 petition for alien relative: question number 7. asks for other names used? should I put my name using my 1st husband's last name? just to help this clear, my passport and visa name is under my 1st husband's name, however, in my petition for divorce, I have also included a request to go back to my former maiden name and it was granted by the court, same time that my final divorce decree came out-- Yes

6. On the I-767 form, question #16 'WHO MAY FILE FORM I-765, I wrote ©(9), is this correct?-- Yes

9. Lastly, what other proofs of bona fide marriage aside from marriage certificate and photos can I include in my application. I cannot be on the lease of our apartment because they need my SSN and also with his bank account, insurance, utility bills, please enlighten me. Hiring a lawyer is not an option for us right now because we are tight in finances. -- They are some banks that will allow you to get an account without ssn , Call around to a few and try to find out. I've read on here where people have went to chase and been successful. You can also try to get sworn affidavits from friends and family that know your relationship is in good faith with your husband, any records of conversations between you too, Copies of plane tickets or any other proof of activity that involves you & your husband traveling to see each other or have traveled together

11. The forms that need to be filled out are i-485, I-130, I-131, I-864, G325A, I-765(no bar code on the form), and G325A only?-- You also need the I-693 , which is a medical that has to be completed and sealed by a civil surgeon to be filed with everything else.

Hope this helped, Good luck!

AOS

6/20/14- Married

8/29/14- Sent AOS Package

9/2/14- Delivered to Chicago lockbox

9/5/14- Received texts with receipt numbers, Online status updated for all four cases to " Acceptance" & " Initial review "

9/9/14- NOA1 hard copies received in mail

9/12/14- Biometrics letter recieved ( Date set for 9/22/14 )

9/15/14- Biometrics completed

9/16/14- Submitted EAD Expedite through congressman

9/24/14- Case moved to " Testing and interview "

9/26/14- EAD and AP Approved

10/2/14- EAD Mailed

10/3/14- EAD 'Delivered'.. but never recieved :ranting:

10/16/14- Interview date received for 11/19 - My birthday! :D

11/19/14- Interview day- Approved- PR status registered & Welcome letter mailed

11/24/14- Welcome letter recieved

11/26/14- GC Mailed

11/29/14- GC Received

ROC

09/23/16- Mailed ROC package

10/03/16- Package sent back due to missing documents

10/05/16- Resent package

10/07/16- Check cashed

10/12/16- NOA1 received

11/14/16-Biometrics

03/04/18- Case received at local office

03/24/18- Approval letter received
04/03/18- Card Mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.