lilsadie

How is everyone feeling about the interviews on Tuesday?

55 posts in this topic

I know there are a few of us with interviews this coming Tuesday, how is everyone doing? I'm feeling nervous but i have finally organized all my paper work so I'm relaxing a little!! Looking forward to my little Sydney holiday too!! Good luck everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I know there are a few of us with interviews this coming Tuesday, how is everyone doing? I'm feeling nervous but i have finally organized all my paper work so I'm relaxing a little!! Looking forward to my little Sydney holiday too!! Good luck everyone!

Slightly nervous, but very excited! I have all of my paperwork ready to go, but I want to go over it one last time on Monday just to be sure!

I live in Sydney so it's easy for me to get to the consulate, but regardless I'll get there early so I can get a coffee beforehand :)

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Slightly nervous, but very excited! I have all of my paperwork ready to go, but I want to go over it one last time on Monday just to be sure!

I live in Sydney so it's easy for me to get to the consulate, but regardless I'll get there early so I can get a coffee beforehand :)

Oh your so lucky! the flights and Hotel cost more than the bloody Visa!!!

My partner is going to go through all the paper work tonight to see how much I need to get rid of lol. I just tried to add the MOST important things though!

Im pissed though, we stupidly went through an attorney in the USA and they have told me not to bring my partner. They said that its not a good thing to do. I TOTALLY disagree with this as I've seen a few people do it with out issues. I'm sad that she will be sitting outside while i have my interview!! I feel like they will think thats stranger than not bring her...

i think ill play dumb when I get to there and try to sneak her in. Cant hurt!

Timeline

Oh your so lucky! the flights and Hotel cost more than the bloody Visa!!!

My partner is going to go through all the paper work tonight to see how much I need to get rid of lol. I just tried to add the MOST important things though!

Im pissed though, we stupidly went through an attorney in the USA and they have told me not to bring my partner. They said that its not a good thing to do. I TOTALLY disagree with this as I've seen a few people do it with out issues. I'm sad that she will be sitting outside while i have my interview!! I feel like they will think thats stranger than not bring her...

i think ill play dumb when I get to there and try to sneak her in. Cant hurt!

Best of luck trying to sneak her, LilSadie, but I fear you will fail. If her name is not on the official list, and you cannot produce the email allowing her to attend, they will NOT let her up. Even as a US Citizen, she still has to make an appointment!

I'm soooo sorry your attorney said not to bring her. My attorney (who specializes in same-sex cases) said it was a GOOD thing for the spouse/fiancee to be there!

Sukie

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Best of luck trying to sneak her, LilSadie, but I fear you will fail. If her name is not on the official list, and you cannot produce the email allowing her to attend, they will NOT let her up. Even as a US Citizen, she still has to make an appointment!

I'm soooo sorry your attorney said not to bring her. My attorney (who specializes in same-sex cases) said it was a GOOD thing for the spouse/fiancee to be there!

Sukie

I thought that might be the case!!! Our attorney does as well. We got him recommended to us through Immigration equality. He is wonderful but I just don't know why she can't come... weird. Anyway! She gets super nervous so it might be a blessing in disguise!

Timeline

I thought that might be the case!!! Our attorney does as well. We got him recommended to us through Immigration equality. He is wonderful but I just don't know why she can't come... weird. Anyway! She gets super nervous so it might be a blessing in disguise!

Don't be afraid to mention the fact that she is "downstairs waiting for me"! You can bring her up to the 10th floor, and she can sit in the white chairs outside of the security area, but that's as far as she can go. Actually, down on the plaza level is a food court. If the weather is warm enough, she'd probably be more comfortable down there with a cup of good coffee and a pastry!

Sukie

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Good luck you guys! Very excited for you all. Ours isn't until Aug 26th.

:goofy::dancing:

K-1 Visa -  Date of arrival to US  Aug 30, 2014

Married September 26, 2014

AOS: SEPT 24th, 2015 GREEN CARD RECEIVED !! 

ROC:  Oct 10, 2018    Approval of ROC via online USCIS site.  

Naturalization: March 26th, 2021 Approved!!

As of 2022, we are working towards moving back to Australia likely in 2025. 

Good luck you guys! Very excited for you all. Ours isn't until Aug 26th.

:goofy::dancing:

Thanks!!!

It will go by so quickly!!!

I've been getting crazy and have already sold all of our furniture and basically anything worth more than $5, lol.

We Have nothing left! Heres hoping I do actually get approved!!

Timeline

Thanks!!!

It will go by so quickly!!!

I've been getting crazy and have already sold all of our furniture and basically anything worth more than $5, lol.

We Have nothing left! Heres hoping I do actually get approved!!

lol- yea Matt has started to sell stuff too. It's crazy isn't it? The biggest thing will be his car. But that will be after the visa actually comes hahaha.

And you will get approved! After everything else, I think the interview ends up being the easiest, from what people write. Only 2 days!

I am actually coming to Melbourne in a week. :) Short visit, but cannot wait!

K-1 Visa -  Date of arrival to US  Aug 30, 2014

Married September 26, 2014

AOS: SEPT 24th, 2015 GREEN CARD RECEIVED !! 

ROC:  Oct 10, 2018    Approval of ROC via online USCIS site.  

Naturalization: March 26th, 2021 Approved!!

As of 2022, we are working towards moving back to Australia likely in 2025. 

Timeline

1 MORE DAY! :dancing:

Quick question! I was extremely busy this weekend and Didn't get to print out my photos on gloss photo paper, would it be a big deal to print them on an A4 normal paper?!

Also, do they allow you to arrive more than 30 minutes before the interview?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

You'll be fine. She doesn't need to be there; I wasn't there for my husband (then fiancé), and they didn't even blink. It's apparently not common for petitioners to be there, given the brutal plane flight and all. ;)

1 MORE DAY! :dancing:

Quick question! I was extremely busy this weekend and Didn't get to print out my photos on gloss photo paper, would it be a big deal to print them on an A4 normal paper?!

Also, do they allow you to arrive more than 30 minutes before the interview?

Which photos? Proof of relationship? A4 is fine (well, it was for us-ours were a mix). Anything passport-photo-y needs to be gloss.

You can arrive early, but they may not let you in. (Might say come back later.) If you look in my timeline, you should be able to find my now-husband's review of the entire experience (including the "will they even let him?" since we brilliantly missed that whole "need to confirm interview appointment" thing in the rush of the Christmas holidays), what to expect, questions they ask, and so on. :)

Also, per my husband, if you like coffee, drink LOTS of it before leaving, because unless you're in a city with an Aussie barista, you're gonna miss Aussie coffee fast. DOWN THE FLAT WHITES LIKE MAD. :lol:

Edited by kehills

Timeline

You'll be fine. She doesn't need to be there; I wasn't there for my husband (then fiancé), and they didn't even blink. It's apparently not common for petitioners to be there, given the brutal plane flight and all. ;)

Which photos? Proof of relationship? A4 is fine (well, it was for us-ours were a mix). Anything passport-photo-y needs to be gloss.

You can arrive early, but they may not let you in. (Might say come back later.) If you look in my timeline, you should be able to find my now-husband's review of the entire experience (including the "will they even let him?" since we brilliantly missed that whole "need to confirm interview appointment" thing in the rush of the Christmas holidays), what to expect, questions they ask, and so on. :)

Also, per my husband, if you like coffee, drink LOTS of it before leaving, because unless you're in a city with an Aussie barista, you're gonna miss Aussie coffee fast. DOWN THE FLAT WHITES LIKE MAD. :lol:

I was referring to the couples photos on A4 :rolleyes: Already got my passport photos in gloss!

I read the review, very helpful!

What's this confirming the interview appointment?! My interview email didn't say to reply with confirmation of the date;

"Please reply to this email within 5 business days if you are unable to attend your appointment and you would like to reschedule” or cancel”.Please include your name and date of birth in the response."

I've already started guzzling flat whites! :content:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I was referring to the couples photos on A4 :rolleyes: Already got my passport photos in gloss!

I read the review, very helpful!

What's this confirming the interview appointment?! My interview email didn't say to reply with confirmation of the date;

"Please reply to this email within 5 business days if you are unable to attend your appointment and you would like to reschedule” or cancel”.Please include your name and date of birth in the response."

I've already started guzzling flat whites! :content:

*grin* I've learned to never make assumptions here at VJ.

Yeah, our interview wording was a bit different. My guess is because we got the notice at the holidays/Aussie summer, so they wanted to have confirmation that he would be there rather than have him contact if he needed to reschedule. Which would have been fine and all, but it was the holidays so he didn't actually open the attachment to his interview email until about a week before the interview itself-about 5 weeks after the deadline to confirm. (Yes, I did almost kill him. From here.) Needless to say, it was a tense week and change.

We did a practice run today so I knew where the place is! Its actually a little confusing, well the way we went was! im starting to get so nervous. My love booked the most amazing hotel for us tonight so we have beautiful views of the Opera house, were sitting in fluffy robes and about to have pizza delivered to the room! Trying to stay as relaxed as possible and low key tonight! Ahhh. I know I dont need to worry but its hard not to! Good luck everyone and hopefully we get to meet! (I have an 8.30am interview)

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi gang!

Our interview is tomorrow at 9:30am. Turns out I have to work tonight so I'll be travelling from Wollongong in to the city beforehand! Parking is ridiculously expensive around Martin Place.

We are all ready, my fiancee will be with me. Are people bringing couples photos? It says nothing on the checklist?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.