alicemgi

CHICAGO N-400 procesing time

99 posts in this topic

I had my interview on Tuesday 9/23. Got an email notification and case status updated on 9/25. Received letter on 9/27.

Hope that helps?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi Sam, my case status was updated on the 24th and received oath letter on the 26th. Hope you will also receive yours for the October 7th oath ceremony.

I read some where that we can request or ask IO to schedule in next oath ceremony. In case for example foreign trip need to carried out or oath with other family member. Did you guys requested any? I didn't. At end of interview IO told me that normally oath will be within 6 weeks.

Hi Sam, my case status was updated on the 24th and received oath letter on the 26th. Hope you will also receive yours for the October 7th oath ceremony.

Thank you Cheryl,

I called USCIS today. It was not helpful said wait for 90 days. I was reading couple of cases online peoples cases was stuck for more than 5 - 6 month after interview. I hope that'll not happen to my case.

Thanks again. Best of Luck for your Oath...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I had my interview today and passed! I got the letter saying that it was recommended for approval and that I should expect the oath letter in a couple of weeks. The IO was very nice and the whole experience was very pleasant. I was super nervous and had a ton of paperwork (because I spent a long time abroad due to my husband's job) but I only had to give him my my children's birth certificates and he made a copy of my passport. Hope to hear about the oath soon.

Carly and Cheryl, congratulations to you! Where was your oath? There were tons of people for oath there at the USCIS office this afternoon.

Sam3323, have you heard anything about your oath? I had the exact same questions as you.

Edited by alix

N-400 (based on 3-year marriage rule)
06/05/2014 Application Sent
06/06/2014 Application Received in Phoenix

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed
06/12/2014 Received email/text receipt confirmation from Phoenix Lockbox

06/17/2014 Biometrics Letter mailed
06/20/2014 Biometrics Letter Received

06/24/2014 Biometrics Walk-in

06/26/2014 In line for Interview

07/03/2014 Original Biometrics Appointment

07/29/2014 Yellow Letter Received

09/05/2014 Interview letter Received

10/07/2014 Interview

10/17/2014 Received email/text that oath has been scheduled

Hi everyone!

I had my interview today and passed! I got the letter saying that it was recommended for approval and that I should expect the oath letter in a couple of weeks. The IO was very nice and the whole experience was very pleasant. I was super nervous and had a ton of paperwork (because I spent a long time abroad due to my husband's job) but I only had to give him my my children's birth certificates and he made a copy of my passport. Hope to hear about the oath soon.

Carly and Cheryl, congratulations to you! Where was your oath? There were tons of people for oath there at the USCIS office this afternoon.

Sam3323, have you heard anything about your oath? I had the exact same questions as you.

Congratulation Alix, I have oath schedule for next week. My case was updated more than week after my interview. Usually it's update within week and you will receive letter 2-3 days after case status updated.

Timeline

Congratulation Alix, I have oath schedule for next week. My case was updated more than week after my interview. Usually it's update within week and you will receive letter 2-3 days after case status updated.

Thanks and congratulations to you too! Could you be more specific with your timeline? Your interview was on the 22nd so when was your case updated? And when did you receive the letter? Sorry...now that the interview is over I'm getting anxious about the oath! LOL!

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed

10/07/2014 Interview

Thanks and congratulations to you too! Could you be more specific with your timeline? Your interview was on the 22nd so when was your case updated? And when did you receive the letter? Sorry...now that the interview is over I'm getting anxious about the oath! LOL!

My case was updated 09/30 and I have interview on 10/14. I hope this will help you.

Congrats Alix! If you were there around 1pm then I was in that group going in for my oath.

It was a super fun day and evening!

All happened pretty quickly for me after my interview. It was 2 weeks to the day that I did my interview that I had my ceremony....

Best of luck everyone - almost there! :-)

Timeline

Congrats Alix! If you were there around 1pm then I was in that group going in for my oath.

It was a super fun day and evening!

All happened pretty quickly for me after my interview. It was 2 weeks to the day that I did my interview that I had my ceremony....

Best of luck everyone - almost there! :-)

Congratulations!

I was leaving around that time....it really was packed! Glad you had a great day!

I'm so excited and anxious. Looking forward to finding out the date!

06/09/2014 Priority Date

06/11/2014 Notice Date

06/12//2014 Check Cashed

10/07/2014 Interview

Can this forum help estimate when my interview will be.

Details: Application in Chicago, N400 application, biometric on August 20, Case Status - "on August 25, 2014 your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling....."

Thanks for the assistances.

Can this forum help estimate when my interview will be.

Details: Application in Chicago, N400 application, biometric on August 20, Case Status - "on August 25, 2014 your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was placed in line for interview scheduling....."

Thanks for the assistances.

Got an update today. Case schedule for interview. Tks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.