nightfury

After AOS submission and General Help

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I would like to know how long would it take NVC to process AOS after it has been submitted. Ours has been put into their system on 23rd June 2014.

Anything other advice for me so I can prepare myself beforehand??

Wife is US citizen and we applied i130 in June 2013. I am Indian citizen but was living in Australia from 2007-2013.

Currently in India we are both not working.

Thanks in Advance

Timeline

yep, 30 business days so about 45 days in total for each segment.

It is just such a headache now cause I left my job in Australia and she will stay here with me too so no working for both of us.. Cause of all this long processing times, all we are doing is burning through money here.. Used to be so much better when it was just around 6 months for the process.

What a pain it is now :ranting:

It's never been 6 months. The USCIS has always been about 6 months but the NVC portion used to be about twice as fast. However, due to backlogs at the USCIS, the NVCis now backlogged.

Whenever you think of what a pain this is, think to yourself "this person is worth all this effort" and how much you love your spouse. Then remember that nothing worth having is easy. Then finally remember that this is a privilege, not a right.

So now you are a person who is doing something worth doing, with someone who is worth doing anything for, and you have the supreme privilege of being able to do it. Suddenly life looks sunnier. ;)

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

It's never been 6 months. The USCIS has always been about 6 months but the NVC portion used to be about twice as fast. However, due to backlogs at the USCIS, the NVCis now backlogged.

Whenever you think of what a pain this is, think to yourself "this person is worth all this effort" and how much you love your spouse. Then remember that nothing worth having is easy. Then finally remember that this is a privilege, not a right.

So now you are a person who is doing something worth doing, with someone who is worth doing anything for, and you have the supreme privilege of being able to do it. Suddenly life looks sunnier. ;)

Well my wife is absolutely worth all the pain in the world anyway, :dancing: Living in india is not the hard part in our life, cause of the love we get from my family but living on my own in Australia is what I do miss. Anyways, any suggestions on what documents I should be prepared with in advance??? I already got the Australian Police Clearance Certificate.

what can I provide as proof of relationship cause we never really email each other, we did talk on facebook and Skype a lot, so giving them messages probably not good idea as they are private conversations anyway. And for all the time we spend together, there wont be anything else then our photographs and documents that show that she is in India.

Well you can pick and choose what conversations to give from facebook and skype. If you live together, then proof of that is ideal.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well my wife is absolutely worth all the pain in the world anyway, :dancing: Living in india is not the hard part in our life, cause of the love we get from my family but living on my own in Australia is what I do miss. Anyways, any suggestions on what documents I should be prepared with in advance??? I already got the Australian Police Clearance Certificate.

what can I provide as proof of relationship cause we never really email each other, we did talk on facebook and Skype a lot, so giving them messages probably not good idea as they are private conversations anyway. And for all the time we spend together, there wont be anything else then our photographs and documents that show that she is in India.

we were living in india and got joint bank accounts (one at IDBI and one at Citibank) that was a really good proof of our bonafide marriage. Also hubby added me to his LIC policy as beneficiary and I added him as beneficiary to my New York Life policy. Also we showed 4 years of joint rental agreement since we were living together in India all that time.

we did not submit any calls/emails/chats at all as proof and we had no issues.

honestly the bank accounts were the easiest thing to add a spouse, just had to fill a form give a copy of our marriage certificate and my passport. 1 week later it was a joint account.

Timeline

we were living in india and got joint bank accounts (one at IDBI and one at Citibank) that was a really good proof of our bonafide marriage. Also hubby added me to his LIC policy as beneficiary and I added him as beneficiary to my New York Life policy. Also we showed 4 years of joint rental agreement since we were living together in India all that time.

we did not submit any calls/emails/chats at all as proof and we had no issues.

honestly the bank accounts were the easiest thing to add a spouse, just had to fill a form give a copy of our marriage certificate and my passport. 1 week later it was a joint account.

Thanks for the reply Kat

Well we live at my Parents house so obviously we don't have any rental proof or legal documents of living together. I came back from Australia on 1st feb and so did she from US. Since then we been living at my parents and got married n such...I only have one account in HDFC bank and will put her name on it too when she returns back next month.

Everything on your part finished yet??

Timeline

Thanks for the reply Kat

Well we live at my Parents house so obviously we don't have any rental proof or legal documents of living together. I came back from Australia on 1st feb and so did she from US. Since then we been living at my parents and got married n such...I only have one account in HDFC bank and will put her name on it too when she returns back next month.

Everything on your part finished yet??

yup everything was approved and visa issued june 18th! Hubby comes to the US on the 28th so 17 more days of waiting!!!

Timeline

yup everything was approved and visa issued june 18th! Hubby comes to the US on the 28th so 17 more days of waiting!!!

No idea how they go around doing the cases cause we started in June last year and still no interview.. You have had a really good luck with your case. My wife's coming back to India around end of this month too. Did your marriage took place in India??

We did it here nd she looked Gorgeous. Look up my name on facebook if u wanna see the pics :)

Vikas Dalal

Timeline

Same here, started in June 2013 but no sign of case completion. NVC received ma civil documents on June 4,2014 but no process is done. Hey Kate, do you know approximately how long will it take for interview date ?

Timeline

Well after we paid AOS fee and sent out the affidavits, it has been a few weeks now and it doesn't even ask us to pay for IV packet fee.. In many timelines I've seen that people have paid the fees of IV packet really quite quickly after paying and sending AOS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.