MapleLeafBaby

N-400 July 2014 Filers

857 posts in this topic

My friend and I did a walk-in during our first fingerprinting appointments (see my timeline). She will try to do the same thing again especially since the second bio might be a mistake.

I saw it in your timeline. Wow, this is definitely good to know. I always just waited for the exact date. Thanks a lot Diazy!

Yes it is better to walk-in and show your second bio letter to confirm it is glitch. There is also possibility of getting the third finger print letter but hopefully we hear something about interview instead!

I just went in, but I forgot to bring my first bio letter with the stamp on it. The officer said there's none of my fingerprints on record, so I have to do it again. I was praying not to get the lady from last time, she screwed up many times and seemed like a newbie. She called 379 and I was 380, so close. Anyway, I finished the bio and am going to call later to confirm it's on my record. Hopefully we'll get our interview letter next!

Filed: Timeline

I just went in, but I forgot to bring my first bio letter with the stamp on it. The officer said there's none of my fingerprints on record, so I have to do it again. I was praying not to get the lady from last time, she screwed up many times and seemed like a newbie. She called 379 and I was 380, so close. Anyway, I finished the bio and am going to call later to confirm it's on my record. Hopefully we'll get our interview letter next!

That's a bit strange. One lady asked me to go to officer's office and the officer took his time in is office and looked all my info was there in their system so he told me I don't need to do it again.

That's a bit strange. One lady asked me to go to officer's office and the officer took his time in is office and looked all my info was there in their system so he told me I don't need to do it again.

Mmm, I guess my officer just didn't have enough patience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It is almost ~5months since I filled and not even inline yet! Houston office is indeed the slowest in the nation!!

It really isn't.... there are people who filed long before you in other offices who are still waiting.

The inline thing doesn't really mean anything. You could be placed inline today and get your interview letter tomorrow and be interviewed next month. Or you could be placed inline today and get your interview letter 4 months from now.

The "good" news is that it looks like there's a slow-down for many applicants in many offices... the only reason I say this is "good" news is because it means that you don't have to worry about whether or not they lost your file or if there's something wrong with your case.

Things speed up and slow down over the years... it used to take 3 or 4 years to get a greencard through employment, now it takes a few months. Similarly, it used to take much longer to go through the N400 processes, then it sped up, and now it's slowing down again.

This doesn't mean you shouldn't be frustrated and of course you have the right to complain, but don't feel too bad. You'll get there eventually, it's just taking longer than you expected. I wish you the best!

One more thing... the Houston office is crammed with employment based 5 year applications. Houston really boomed once the US economy started recovering in 2009 and a lot of immigrants were hired. Many of those got their greencards soon after and they are now begining to apply for citizenship. Similarly, many families moved to Houston for work and there are lots of family-based applications too. I guess it's the price we have to pay for having a good job market!

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

It really isn't.... there are people who filed long before you in other offices who are still waiting.

The inline thing doesn't really mean anything. You could be placed inline today and get your interview letter tomorrow and be interviewed next month. Or you could be placed inline today and get your interview letter 4 months from now.

The "good" news is that it looks like there's a slow-down for many applicants in many offices... the only reason I say this is "good" news is because it means that you don't have to worry about whether or not they lost your file or if there's something wrong with your case.

Things speed up and slow down over the years... it used to take 3 or 4 years to get a greencard through employment, now it takes a few months. Similarly, it used to take much longer to go through the N400 processes, then it sped up, and now it's slowing down again.

This doesn't mean you shouldn't be frustrated and of course you have the right to complain, but don't feel too bad. You'll get there eventually, it's just taking longer than you expected. I wish you the best!

One more thing... the Houston office is crammed with employment based 5 year applications. Houston really boomed once the US economy started recovering in 2009 and a lot of immigrants were hired. Many of those got their greencards soon after and they are now begining to apply for citizenship. Similarly, many families moved to Houston for work and there are lots of family-based applications too. I guess it's the price we have to pay for having a good job market!

I appreciate the comments. I agree Houston office is booming because of jobs etc. lots of people moved to Houston specially when the oil prices went up to $140 in 2008. Houston was in top with this booming and cont to grow which is good for city but surely slows down the applications like mine, yours & other applicants.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I appreciate the comments. I agree Houston office is booming because of jobs etc. lots of people moved to Houston specially when the oil prices went up to $140 in 2008. Houston was in top with this booming and cont to grow which is good for city but surely slows down the applications like mine, yours & other applicants.

With current oil prices, I think that the Houston office is going to be the fastest in the country in 2019!

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

55 bbl/day is not normal for an oil prices and most likely it wont cont like that but of course w/ current oil production of ~30 million bbl/day in the world, the prices continue to decline resulting from 95 to 55 bbl/day within 2 months only. The prices most likely are going to come back to 75 by next year and Houston will stay strong as number one oil producer in the country :)

Hello Guys!

Today, I received an email from USCIS saying

" We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number NBC*xxxxxxxxxxx, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

I am sure there is no section mentioned in tracking regarding inline for oath ceremony. I just wanted ti give update on my case,

Wish everyone very best of the luck!

It's possible that because you didn't have your first bio letter w/ stamp; they asked you to do it again if this is not a case, it is indeed strange!!

Man, now I wish I did bring my 1st bio letter. I want to go today but I have no ride. I will go again tomorrow to show them all the documents.

But I did call today to make sure my info is in their system, and was told by a tired sounding officer that I shouldn't go early, and that the support center is separate from the USCIS so they can't check my bio info.

Anyway, I will go again tomorrow. Thanks Houston1!

Man, now I wish I did bring my 1st bio letter. I want to go today but I have no ride. I will go again tomorrow to show them all the documents.

But I did call today to make sure my info is in their system, and was told by a tired sounding officer that I shouldn't go early, and that the support center is separate from the USCIS so they can't check my bio info.

Anyway, I will go again tomorrow. Thanks Houston1!

You already have done the second bio yesterday and followed what they asked! why do you wanna go back again? you should be fine now.

When I went 2 days ago the officer checked my both letters and put it in his computer then he told me I should be fine since he can see mu first bio back in August!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everybody, this will probably be my last post in this thread.

My husband had his oath ceremony and became a USC last week (Dec. 9) in Washington, DC.

Since we're traveling to Brazil to spend the Holidays with my family, he scheduled an appointment for an expedited passport in the Washington, DC passport office. The appointment was around lunch time on Friday (Dec. 12). His passport was ready yesterday (Dec. 16) after 1pm, so it took two business days.

Good luck to all of you. I will probably be applying myself for citizenship in three years.

Edited by R & M

I-130

06/25/2013 - I-130 sent via USPS
06/27/2013 - Delivered to USCIS Chicago

07/02/2013 - Received USCIS Acceptance Confirmation email (PD June 28).

07/03/2013 - Check cashed

09/11/2013 - I-130 transferred to Nebraska Service Center

11/13/2013 - I-130 transferred to USCIS local field office (3 weeks after the interview)

11/25/2013 - I-130 Approved

AOS, EAD, AP

07/30/2013 - AOS packet sent via USPS ( I-485, I-131, I-765)

08/01/2013 - Delivered to USCIS Chicago
08/12/2013 - Received 3 USCIS Acceptance Confirmation SMS/emails. Awaiting official receipt notice (Form I-797) in the mail.
08/12/2013 - Check cashed
08/15/2013 - Received 3 NOA's by mail.
08/19/2013 - Received Biometrics appointment
08/20/2013 - Biometrics completed by walk in
09/06/2013 - Original Biometrics appointment

08/27/2013 - Expedited AP Approved / EAD was approved as well.

08/30/2013 - Second EAD/AP card ordered confirmation e-mail.

09/03/2013 - EAD/AP card shipped (USPS tracking number)

09/05/2013 - EAD/AP card received

09/05/2013 - I-485 status online changed to "testing & interview"

09/20/2013 - I-485 status showing the interview date (Oct. 24)
09/23/2013 - Received NOA about the interview appointment

10/24/2013 - Interview (Approved!)

11/25/2013 - First Card Production Ordered e-mail (5:30pm)

11/25/2013 - Status Update: Decision (9:00pm)

11/29/2013 - Second Card Production Ordered e-mail with Tracking # (8:45pm)

12/02/2013 - Green Card Received

I-751

07/23/2015 - I-751 sent via USPS

07/27/2015 - Package received at VSC

08/03/2015 - Check cashed

08/03/2015 - Received NOA, dated 07/28/2015

08/13/2015 - Received Biometrics notice for 08/24/2015

06/27/2016 - "New Card is Being Produced" Text Message (12:30pm - Eastern)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.