Sunny123

Name can not be verified at social security office

4 posts in this topic

Husbands social security card was issued in another state (not sure if that would affect any thing??). We are trying to get him a new drivers license since we moved to a new state. He needs to have a valid drivers license for work purposes for the state we are now living in. (his old driver license is not expired). He showed the DMV his Social Security Card and his green card. The lady he spoke with the DMV says his name is in wrong order (either on his SS card or on the green card). On his GC it says Surname: Johnson and Given name: Mike. Surname ='s last name correct? and Given name ='s First name correct? Then on his SS card it says MIke on top of his last name which is on the bottom

so it looks like this

social security blah blah blah

MIke

Johnson

This looks just the same as mine does...???

But the other problem is when he went to the social security office . They did a name search it came up "Name did not verify"?? What does that mean. He tried telling me it's like they have name wrong in the computer, or he doesn't exist in there??? (as far as I know they don't delete SS numbers? Has any one ever run in to this for a Social Security search?

He has the actual SS Card so how can that be??? (it does say "Valid for Work only with DHS Authorization") but that shouldn't effect anything???

We are in the process of removing conditions also.

Thanks you!

Edited by Sunny123

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Husbands social security card was issued in another state (not sure if that would affect any thing??). We are trying to get him a new drivers license since we moved to a new state. He needs to have a valid drivers license for work purposes for the state we are now living in. (his old driver license is not expired). He showed the DMV his Social Security Card and his green card. The lady he spoke with the DMV says his name is in wrong order (either on his SS card or on the green card). On his GC it says Surname: Johnson and Given name: Mike. Surname ='s last name correct? and Given name ='s First name correct? Then on his SS card it says MIke on top of his last name which is on the bottom

so it looks like this

social security blah blah blah

MIke

Johnson

This looks just the same as mine does...???

But the other problem is when he went to the social security office . They did a name search it came up "Name did not verify"?? What does that mean. He tried telling me it's like they have name wrong in the computer, or he doesn't exist in there??? (as far as I know they don't delete SS numbers? Has any one ever run in to this for a Social Security search?

He has the actual SS Card so how can that be??? (it does say "Valid for Work only with DHS Authorization") but that shouldn't effect anything???

We are in the process of removing conditions also.

Thanks you!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

His name is really common if he has a middle name then that should have been added to his ss card application to distinguish him from others. Do you all have a copy of the application you all completed? And how new is his ss card? Sometimes it takes the system awhile to actually pick up the new number. I would try calling them again after about a week or two.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.