JillWill

Alien Registration Number? Current USCIS Status?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all. My fiance and I are starting to fill out the AOS forms so we're ready to send them in after we get married in a couple weeks (he's coming to the US on a K-1 fiance visa), but there are a couple things that have already stumped us on the I-485. How do we know his alien registration number? I'm not sure exactly what that is. And what do we write as his current USCIS status?

I've heard that perhaps the alien registration number is shown on the NOA2 hard copy...but we've had problems with this. Ours never arrived. The website showed we were approved when we check it, and we obviously were approved because our case was sent to the NVC and then the embassy where we had the interview and were approved and all. We just never received the NOA2 hard copy several months ago. I've called the USCIS several times and explained it and all they ever say is for us to spend $400 and request a second copy, but I can't bring myself to do that. On the advice of others on here I'm just going to file AOS without the hard copy and hope for the best. It seems to have worked for others in the past. But if the NOA2 is also the only way of knowing his Alien Reigistration number then I'm not sure what we'll do...Any help is very much appreciated! Thank you!

October 22, 2013: Mailed I-129F Packet

November 1, 2013: NOA1 email and text

November 4, 2013: Alien registration number changed

November 20, 2013: NOA2

December 19, 2013: Case forwarded to London Embassy

January 2, 2014: Packet 3 Received

February 7, 2014: Medical

March 13, 2014: Interview

I'm pretty sure the Alien Registration number is shown on the K-1 visa that is put into your fiancé's passport.

However, looking back through the guides here on filing for AOS, you will need a copy of the NOA2 showing that the K-1 was approved.

good luck!

edit to add: guess I missed the part about others having successfully filed without that NOA2, dunno about that myself, but I guess it's worth a try to avoid paying $400 for a copy of it. Guess you could get one later if it's a problem and you get sent an RFE.

Edited by S & P

Hi all. My fiance and I are starting to fill out the AOS forms so we're ready to send them in after we get married in a couple weeks (he's coming to the US on a K-1 fiance visa), but there are a couple things that have already stumped us on the I-485. How do we know his alien registration number? I'm not sure exactly what that is. And what do we write as his current USCIS status?

I've heard that perhaps the alien registration number is shown on the NOA2 hard copy...but we've had problems with this. Ours never arrived. The website showed we were approved when we check it, and we obviously were approved because our case was sent to the NVC and then the embassy where we had the interview and were approved and all. We just never received the NOA2 hard copy several months ago. I've called the USCIS several times and explained it and all they ever say is for us to spend $400 and request a second copy, but I can't bring myself to do that. On the advice of others on here I'm just going to file AOS without the hard copy and hope for the best. It seems to have worked for others in the past. But if the NOA2 is also the only way of knowing his Alien Reigistration number then I'm not sure what we'll do...Any help is very much appreciated! Thank you!

This topic might be helpful.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/499130-aos-what-if-i-lost-noa2-approval-for-i-129f-needed-for-i-485/

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.