Stone

Getting married April 20 I have a few questions

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi everyone,

well I'm about a month away from starting the Visa process. Im excited but im sure I'll stat to get impatient very quickly. To my point, I am assembling all the paperwork I need to get married In THailand. On Thaivisa.com it says I need:

Certificate from your home municipality concerning notification of marriage.

Are they talking about a simple letter? Or is there a certain form or what? If anyone knows what I need please help me out and let me know where or from who you got it.

Thank yoU!

Stone

June 17, 2005: Met in Bangkok

December 11, 2005: 2nd trip to Bangkok

Feb 05, 2006: 3rd trip to Bangkok Engaged

March 15, 2006: 4th trip to Bangkok

April 30, 2006: 5th trip, Chaiyaphum to meet family

May 27, 2006: I-29F mailed

June 07, 2006: Received

June 15, 2006: NOA 1

July 03, 2006: IMBRA RFE

July 25, 2006: 6th trip, Phuket & Phi Phi for fun

July 27, 2006: NOA 2

Aug 02, 2006: NVC Case Number, Sent to Bangkok Embassy

Aug 14, 2006: Packet 3 Received

Aug 15, 2006: DS230 submitted to the Embassy

Aug 23, 2006: Packet 4, interview date Sept 18 2006

Sep 18, 2006: Interview: Approved no problems.

Sep 20, 2006: scheduled to pick up visa.

Sep 22, 2006: Visa in hand!

Oct 05, 2006: Flight from Bangkok to LAX

Nov 22, 2006: Civil Service (just to please immigration have real wedding planned in Thailand next year.

AOS

Dec 21, 2006: I-485 Mailed

March 20, 2007: NOA notice that Case is being transffered to CA.

June 25, 2007: RFE (redundant financial info).

July 19, 2007: Email Card production ordered

July 20, 2007: Email Welcome letter mailed to new permanent resident..

Remove Conditions

May 20, 2009 : Mail I-751

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi Stone,

That might be a reference to the Thai house registration. Can you give me a link to where that is listed on the thaivisa site?

Ty

Hi everyone,

well I'm about a month away from starting the Visa process. Im excited but im sure I'll stat to get impatient very quickly. To my point, I am assembling all the paperwork I need to get married In THailand. On Thaivisa.com it says I need:

Are they talking about a simple letter? Or is there a certain form or what? If anyone knows what I need please help me out and let me know where or from who you got it.

Thank yoU!

Stone

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi Stone,

That might be a reference to the Thai house registration. Can you give me a link to where that is listed on the thaivisa site?

Ty

Hi everyone,

Thank yoU!

Stone

Ty,

Here is the link http://www.thaivisa.com/305.0.html

Thanks for your help.

Stone

June 17, 2005: Met in Bangkok

December 11, 2005: 2nd trip to Bangkok

Feb 05, 2006: 3rd trip to Bangkok Engaged

March 15, 2006: 4th trip to Bangkok

April 30, 2006: 5th trip, Chaiyaphum to meet family

May 27, 2006: I-29F mailed

June 07, 2006: Received

June 15, 2006: NOA 1

July 03, 2006: IMBRA RFE

July 25, 2006: 6th trip, Phuket & Phi Phi for fun

July 27, 2006: NOA 2

Aug 02, 2006: NVC Case Number, Sent to Bangkok Embassy

Aug 14, 2006: Packet 3 Received

Aug 15, 2006: DS230 submitted to the Embassy

Aug 23, 2006: Packet 4, interview date Sept 18 2006

Sep 18, 2006: Interview: Approved no problems.

Sep 20, 2006: scheduled to pick up visa.

Sep 22, 2006: Visa in hand!

Oct 05, 2006: Flight from Bangkok to LAX

Nov 22, 2006: Civil Service (just to please immigration have real wedding planned in Thailand next year.

AOS

Dec 21, 2006: I-485 Mailed

March 20, 2007: NOA notice that Case is being transffered to CA.

June 25, 2007: RFE (redundant financial info).

July 19, 2007: Email Card production ordered

July 20, 2007: Email Welcome letter mailed to new permanent resident..

Remove Conditions

May 20, 2009 : Mail I-751

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Stone,

What you need is commonly refered to as a "Single Certificate" I found a thread about it in the old forums, though it relates to marriage in China, it should be of some help.

US Single Certificate

Chok Dee

Ty

Hi Stone,

Ty

Hi everyone,

Thank yoU!

Stone

Ty,

Thanks for your help.

Stone

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Stone,

What you need is commonly refered to as a "Single Certificate" I found a thread about it in the old forums, though it relates to marriage in China, it should be of some help.

US Single Certificate

Chok Dee

Ty

Hi Stone,

Ty

Hi everyone,

Thank yoU!

Stone

Ty,

Thanks for your help.

Stone

This certificate would be available from the US Consulate. Call them to determine what is required to get one. From what I understand it isn't much...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.