mmb

London interview on 31st January

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

How far is the BRYANSTON HOTEL from the US Embassy, within walking distance? :thumbs:

AOS and EAD Timeline

First Application rejected due to them not receiving $70 for Biometrics, even though I had a receipt from them :-(

NOA1 - 10/01/2007

Biometrics - Middle of October, don't have exact date sorry

I-485 and I-765 Touched - 10/23/2007

EAD Approved - 10/27/2007

Nothing Since

Not exactly sure of the distance but Chris booked his room at the Branston as well!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

I stayed at the Bryanston when I had my interview in London. Its not the Ritz but its adequate for the one night. It is about a 5 minute walk to the embassy.

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
I stayed at the Bryanston when I had my interview in London. Its not the Ritz but its adequate for the one night. It is about a 5 minute walk to the embassy.

Thanks for that, I knew it wasn't far but that's even closer than I had hoped.

Other good news is they have a luggage room, save carrying an overnight bag to the interview.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-10-18

NVC Received : 2006-10-20

NVC Left : 2006-10-23

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2006-11-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-02

Packet 4 Received : 2006-12-07

Interview Date : 2007-01-31

Visa Received : 2007-02-03

US Entry : 2007-03-06

Marriage : 2007-03-30

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Not exactly sure of the distance but Chris booked his room at the Branston as well!

hehehe I am booked in there too! £34 for one night thats not too bad! I know I am a day after Chris (I'm on the 8th) but do you reckon I'll still find Chris propping up the bar the night I'm due in? :yes::lol:

Actually I'm only really staying there cos its address is Cumberland Place and my surname is Cumberland so I wanted to look like a snob :lol:

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

Hi all,

as a native Londoner I can confirm that the Bryanston isnt the Ritz or the Mandarin Oriental but it is fine for one night. I actually lived in Essex in the UK but my parents lived (still do) about 15 mins by car from Marble Arch so I stayed with them and got my father to drop me to the embassy on the morning of my appointment.

Im sure you all know what to expect but I didnt (hadnt found Visa Journey at that time), but I was very pleasantly surprised with the whole experience.

As its cold in London right now, make sure you wear something warm as you will have to queue outside the embassy for about 30 - 40 minutes. They have two lines and you are sent in according to your appointment time. They do prefer you to get there half an hour early too so everyone is lined up and ready to go in. They send you into the embassy in single file and you pass through a few security checks before you actually enter the main room.

People told me to expect to wait about 4 or so hours to be seen and have my interview - this is the reality:

0800 arrive at embassy

0830 enter embassy

0845 called to interview window

0900 called to second interview window

0902 asked two very simple questions and then informed "approved"

0905 booked visa delivery with inhouse couriers

0910 left embassy and went and had a celebratory coffee at Starbacks on Oxford Street!

I hope you all have an experience similar to mine and good luck to you all. They are very nice at the embassy so dont be frightened or nervous. If all is good with your paperwork then you should all be fine.

forgot to add that you should allow at least 10 mins to walk to the embassy from Bryanston Hotel.

Leave your hotel, walk down to Oxford Street, turn left and then take the third (i think!) right onto North Audley Street. North Audley leads you right outside the embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.