Noura_914

Didn't submit written communication, will this be a problem? (split topic)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We didn't submit any chat records. Those who do usually include a sampling throughout the relationship, the idea being to show a natural evolution, chemistry, more substance than just meaningless canned compliments, etc. Another alternative is to submit logs that don't show the actual conversations but just the dates and times or lengths of the chats, like phone records.

I'm glad you mentioned this. I did not submit any written communication between us because I personally don't feel it's any of their business what we say to each other. I realize that in some sense it is because they'd want to make sure we weren't hatching out a plan to defraud the immigration system; but my reasoning was because when we physically write/type to each other, we're arguing and I don't need them to see 100% arguments. 99% of our communication is via Skype calls, Viber calls and actual cell phone calls. We've accumulated over 1000 hours of talk time between video/phone since October 2012. It actually may be closer to 1500 hours.

Do you think this would show a problem? I also only sent quality pictures from all 3 visits; maybe 24 pics in total. The lack of written communication is starting to concern me. Our files were just sent over to Casablanca and we are waiting for packet 3. The reviews on VJ scare me, as they do most people filing for a Moroccan.

10/22/12 - Met online

04/19/13 - First trip to Morocco

11/22/13 - Second trip to Morocco

12/13/13 - Mailed I-129F Petition to Dallas Lockbox

12/19/13 - Received electronic notification for NOA1

12/30/13 - Received paper copy of NOA1

01/06/14 - Alien Registration Number was changed

02/13/14 - Third trip to Morocco

04/09/14 - Mailed Certified letter to Senator 1 requesting update on case

05/19/14 - Still no response from Senator 1's office

05/19/14 - Faxed request for intervention to Senator 2

05/21/14 - Spoke with my case officer, asked me for additional info to be faxed to her.

05/22/14 - Petition approved (as per tier 2 officer on phone and mailed)

05/28/14 - Approval sent to DOS for processing (still no paper copy of NOA2)

06/05/14 - NVC received approval from USCIS

06/10/14 - NVC registers petition; received case number

06/24/14 - In transit to Morocco

06/25/14 - Case is ready for interview

07/01/14 - Called consulate, they called my fiancé and scheduled the interview and emailed packet 3

07/15/14 - First interview

07/24/14 - Fourth trip to Morocco

08/05/14 - Fiancé relocated to Australia

Pending case transfer from Casablanca to Sydney

02/12/15 - Fifth trip together -- meeting in SE Asia

event.png

event.png

I'm glad you mentioned this. I did not submit any written communication between us because I personally don't feel it's any of their business what we say to each other. I realize that in some sense it is because they'd want to make sure we weren't hatching out a plan to defraud the immigration system; but my reasoning was because when we physically write/type to each other, we're arguing and I don't need them to see 100% arguments. 99% of our communication is via Skype calls, Viber calls and actual cell phone calls. We've accumulated over 1000 hours of talk time between video/phone since October 2012. It actually may be closer to 1500 hours.

Do you think this would show a problem? I also only sent quality pictures from all 3 visits; maybe 24 pics in total. The lack of written communication is starting to concern me. Our files were just sent over to Casablanca and we are waiting for packet 3. The reviews on VJ scare me, as they do most people filing for a Moroccan.

We didn't send any evidence of written communication either. We focused on the time we had spent in person on the petition. My fiancé at the time brought chat records with him to the interview, but was not asked or given the opportunity to show any evidence. He was approved following a quick, easy interview.

I understand how stressful this part of the process can be, but try to think positively! The consulate has a lot fewer horror stories coming out of it now then it did a few years ago.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We didn't send any evidence of written communication either. We focused on the time we had spent in person on the petition. My fiancé at the time brought chat records with him to the interview, but was not asked or given the opportunity to show any evidence. He was approved following a quick, easy interview.

I understand how stressful this part of the process can be, but try to think positively! The consulate has a lot fewer horror stories coming out of it now then it did a few years ago.

Ok thanks so much...I'm trying to think positively - it's just difficult :)

10/22/12 - Met online

04/19/13 - First trip to Morocco

11/22/13 - Second trip to Morocco

12/13/13 - Mailed I-129F Petition to Dallas Lockbox

12/19/13 - Received electronic notification for NOA1

12/30/13 - Received paper copy of NOA1

01/06/14 - Alien Registration Number was changed

02/13/14 - Third trip to Morocco

04/09/14 - Mailed Certified letter to Senator 1 requesting update on case

05/19/14 - Still no response from Senator 1's office

05/19/14 - Faxed request for intervention to Senator 2

05/21/14 - Spoke with my case officer, asked me for additional info to be faxed to her.

05/22/14 - Petition approved (as per tier 2 officer on phone and mailed)

05/28/14 - Approval sent to DOS for processing (still no paper copy of NOA2)

06/05/14 - NVC received approval from USCIS

06/10/14 - NVC registers petition; received case number

06/24/14 - In transit to Morocco

06/25/14 - Case is ready for interview

07/01/14 - Called consulate, they called my fiancé and scheduled the interview and emailed packet 3

07/15/14 - First interview

07/24/14 - Fourth trip to Morocco

08/05/14 - Fiancé relocated to Australia

Pending case transfer from Casablanca to Sydney

02/12/15 - Fifth trip together -- meeting in SE Asia

event.png

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Posts split into separate thread as poster is posting about their own case and not replying to the OP of the other thread.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

I want to let you know that I didn't send any actual chat logs on our conversations either. We mainly chatted in person via Skype. I did send screen shots of what we posted on each other's Facebook wall.

I would say not to stress out over this because if your relationship is a bonafide one and you sent what you felt illustrates your relationship, then it should be good.

When I first started the process, I remembered calling the Immigration and asked them actually what I needed to submit. The person on the phone said it's up to what you have to show a bonafide relationship. What one person has will not be the same as for another. Every relationship is different. There is NO set formula on what to do. Be positive and be ready to explain what you have submitted to show about your relationship with your fiance.

Good luck and best wishes!

Edited by Ismael&Blair

I wanted to make a correction and say that YOUR FIANCE (since you won't be able to be there at the interview) better be ready to explain what you guys had submitted to show a bonafide relationship you two have.

Just make sure you guys read all of the consulate interview reviews and be familiar of how the interview/ questioning process may go and it should go smoothly.

Good luck!

Be positive and be ready to explain what you have submitted to show about your relationship with your fiance.

Good luck and best wishes!

Edited by Ismael&Blair

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.