letmein

Non Availbility of Birth Certificate (NABC) for parent 50+ born in Pakistan

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi folks!

Like the title says, how does one go about getting NABC for old age parents who were born say in 1950?

Has anyone obtained such document from Pakistan? Please let me know, highly appreciated.

Also just the year of birth is known for the parents, I assume this could be remedied by affidavits from someone closely related to them like their father, mother, brother or sister?

Best regards!

N-400 Package Mailed, from MA to Dallas, TX: 09/13/2013
USPS Priority mail, signature required. Scheduled for Monday delivery 9/16/2013
Delivered 9/16/2013
Checks Cashed (husband and wife) and Received Text Msgs and Emails 09/18/2013
Biometrics Appmnt Done: 10/11/2013
Online Status Changed to "Testing and Interview" on 10/15/2013

Recvd Yellow Letter 12/2/2013
Online update to "Scheduled for interview" 12/16/2013

IL Received on 12/23/2013, Interview at 1/23/2014 in Boston,MA

Oath done 03/20/2014..US Citizen!!!

Just a respectful bump...anyone has any infor on this? Would appreciate your feedback!

Delivered 9/16/2013

Just coming here to see if anyone would like to share their experience with non-availability of birth certificate from Pakistan? Thanks

Delivered 9/16/2013

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am 65 and I had to get the birth certificates from Pakistan. These days Nadra issues (late registration) certificates. Hope you have NIC or Nicop. Go to the City Municipality/council of your city , find an agent , pay his fees and get it. No sweat.

Thanks for the kind response!

The parent has ID card but I think it only mentions the year of birth which was 1954. I hope that won't be a problem for the purpose of sponsoring her. I will check NADRA option. So are late registered birth ceritifcate issuesd by NADAR are acceptable by USCIS?

Thinking more about it, if the USC has his birth certificate showing parents' names, to sponsor the parents, are parents' birth certificates also required?

I am 65 and I had to get the birth certificates from Pakistan. These days Nadra issues (late registration) certificates. Hope you have NIC or Nicop. Go to the City Municipality/council of your city , find an agent , pay his fees and get it. No sweat.

Delivered 9/16/2013

Timeline

Birth certificates are required. It is not a big deal . Nadra does it now . All you have to do is fill in the required forms , pay the fees , attach the NIC and give it to an agent. It cost me 5k per certificate otherwise it would have taken long to get it .

Of course USCIS accepts it. They accepted mine and I got my GC. They know all about Nadra and the Pakistani system.

This is new to me. I got my birth certificate from the municipality (say Jehlum) and it was the old long form in English. I am a US citizen now so that was certainly accepted by USCIS. Are you saying that if I needed to get my birth certificate now, I could either go to NADRA and get mine and not bother to get from the municipality?

In parent's case, the municipality wouldn't have it anyway becauase of the year if birth is way old 1950s. NADRA will make sense. Thank you for your helpful feedback on this, believe me it's hard to find this kind of information online. I'm grateful for your time.

Birth certificates are required. It is not a big deal . Nadra does it now . All you have to do is fill in the required forms , pay the fees , attach the NIC and give it to an agent. It cost me 5k per certificate otherwise it would have taken long to get it .

Of course USCIS accepts it. They accepted mine and I got my GC. They know all about Nadra and the Pakistani system.

Delivered 9/16/2013

Timeline

no problem. I am glad that I could help somebody. I had hard time finding this information. You are right in saying that Birth certificates used to be issued by the municipality . Not any more , at least in Sindh. You can of course try

your municipality. I got mine and my wife both from Nadra.ll You don't have to go to Nadra by the way. The municipality will issue it thru the union council. Check this out.

http://www.travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/pk%203%20supplements/ISL%20-%20Islamabad

wow that PDF is great!! shukriya (thanks!) .. it mentiond no entry certificate for applicant born before 197- (I assume before 1970's). Does NADRA issue no entry certificate as well? So looks like NADRA will be able to issue birth certificate for applicants whose original birth may not have been registered because they were born before 1970. Since NADRA has the record as reported by applicants and from their National ID cards, they can take that srot of on its face value and generate a birth certificate from NADRA records.

Not sure about the no entry certificate though. Is that something NADRA issues?

Delivered 9/16/2013

• 2 years later...

One of my relatives did not have a birth certificate, so he went to NADRA and had a "late registration" one made. USCIS asked for secondary evidence to prove who he was because of the large time gap. We sent affidavits from relatives, and school documents (primary, matric, inter, university). Thankfully it went through. 

Rule of thumb - don't "convert" old documents into "new" ones without making sure you keep a copy of the old ones. Often times people have told me about NADRA officials saying "we need to convert that 30 your old birth certificate into a computerized one". Sounds reasonable, but then you receive a birth certificate with "late entry" marked on it, which causes problems. 

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

• 2 years later...
On 7/1/2014 at 11:39 AM, kw1997 said:

Hi, I am struggling to get a copy of my birth certificate as none of my family lives in Pakistan anymore. Can you please help me and let me know where I can get the birth certificate requested from online. I live in Dallas and not sure if its possible to get it online

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Aysha Khalid said:

Hi, I am struggling to get a copy of my birth certificate as none of my family lives in Pakistan anymore. Can you please help me and let me know where I can get the birth certificate requested from online. I live in Dallas and not sure if its possible to get it online

Try  

www.mamooinpakistan.com  . If this doesnt work out for you and you are from Karachi , contact me and I will find some agent for you .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.