Akals78

Medical Exam Nairobi

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey, I was out of town and did not access the VJ for a while. Anyway the medical exam was done, the cost went down because of the other vaccinations that had been done before.

Edited by Akals78

Danced a yard ere I danced abroad

Carpe Diem!

Timeline

Ok so can you share what vacs they want and what was the cost of the medical in total? 2. Do you have your interview set and what is the wait time. 3. a. When is it a good time to go get the certificate of good conduct. My husband said it takes 2 month? b. Do you have to get the COGC in Nairobi or can you get it in the district office, how long is it valid for? Sorry so many questions.

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

Passport for USC 6/10 thru 28/2013 19 days

First face to face meeting Nov. 4th 2013 dancin5hr.gif

Married 19 November 2013 heart.gif

:energy: USCIS-TSC

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

24/7/2014 NOA-2 {135 days} :dancing:

12/8/2014 Case Shipped {NVC} :dancing:

:energy: NVC

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

31/8/2014 DS-261 submitted

3/9/2014 NVC billed AOS & paid

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

21/10/2014 IV package sent

21/11/2014 Case complete :dance:(L)

03/12/2014 Interview scheduled

08/12/2014 NVC shipped to Embassy "In Transit"

12/12/2014 Ceac shows "Ready"

:energy:Consulate

15/12/2014 Consulate received

07-08/01/2015 Medical {Passed!!!!}

26/01/2015 Interview results {APPROVED} :dance:(L)

26/01/2015 DHL Air Waybill created online

28/01/2015 Air Waybill shows "In Transit" :yes:

29/01/2015 Visa ready for pick up {DHL}

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Thought to share our journey for those who need the encouragement!

Timeline

First I wrote an email to IOM and booked the medical exam which was at least two weeks before the interview. The interview is tomorrow - July 10th. The police certificate is good for six months so its is good to get it immediately your case moves from USCIS to NVC. It took my wife two weeks to get it in Nairobi. They took her fingerprints and ID photocopy and she collected the cert the following week. She paid Ksh. 1000 (They issued a receipt)

Edited by Akals78

Carpe Diem!

Timeline

I asked for a step by step of the two days below is a summary which might be a guideline. Remember the cost will vary depending on your vaccination records

Day 1.

1. Check in with the Interview letter from NVC and the the clock-in sheet from IOM (they sent this sheet when they responded to our medical exam booking email). Report to the security guy, go with a driver who can sweet talk them so as to tentatively park along the road otherwise they do not allow parking. There is another security guy at the next gate.
  2. Pick a number that will be pinned on the clock-in sheet
  3. Present papers to the receptionist, they will take one of your passport photos at the reception.
  4. Take a seat and wait to be called for counseling this is basically info on the tests to be done....syphilis and X-ray etc. This can be done for more than 1 family...(I was in with a young lady intending to immigrate to Canada)
  5. Proceed to the X-ray place, hand in the clock-in sheet and another passport photo..., if you have kids let them wait at the cafeteria. Wait for your name to be called then take the X-ray
  6. Proceed to the lab with your clock-in sheet , you will hand in a passport photo – (kids get the tuberculin test - Mantoux)
  7. Go back to the reception to get the costing plus a deposit slip, go to immunization with your immunization records...(My KEPI card and my AAR one were recognized). They will give you the immunization cost, so the TOTAL figure from reception and immunization is what you'll pay.
  8. Exit IOM after getting the appointment time (For day two) from reception.
  9. Go and make payments at the Village market CBA bank using the deposit slips given.

Day 2.

1. Same entry process - you need the clock-in sheet and another number clipped.
  2. Check in at reception; wait to go to the nurse. While waiting go to cashier with deposit slips in order to get a receipt.
  3. Proceed to the nurse for BP, height, weight, visual charts, kids’ weight, height …..
  4. Give all past medical history.
  5. Go to the doctor ....history, head to toe exam, (I don't know when people collect the CD...I will collect mine on Thursday), after the Doctor, you go for immunization, and then collect the immunization certificate.

Note: All stages require your passport.

Edited by Akals78

Carpe Diem!

Timeline

So as naswagi, Aren and edna said in previous posts, the cost is not more than $250 unless there is something out of the ordinary. I will let you know how the interview goes. I am trusting that everything will be flawless! This journey has been long from the first time I submitted the N400. This race is not for the swift.....time and chance happens to them all.

Carpe Diem!

Timeline

First I wrote an email to IOM and booked the medical exam which was at least two weeks before the interview. The interview is tomorrow - July 10th. The police certificate is good for six months so its is good to get it immediately your case moves from USCIS to NVC. It took my wife two weeks to get it in Nairobi. They took her fingerprints and ID photocopy and she collected the cert the following week. She paid Ksh. 1000 (They issued a receipt)

Oops...maybe to many questions all in one line? lol sorry Ok I know you can get a COGC in Nairobi but can you get it in the district office or local village or does it have to "only" be in Nairobi?

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

The warmth of true friendship and the love that binds the hearts of husband and wife are a foretaste of heaven. God has ordained that there should be perfect love and perfect harmony between those who enter into the marriage relation. Let bride and bridegroom in the presence of the heavenly universe pledge themselves to love one another as God has ordained they should. {LYL}

Timeline

Interview went well and my wife was given the immigrant fee handout ($165) with the A-number and DOS case number together with a green form which she completed putting down the DHL office where she will pick the passports.

Edited by Akals78

Carpe Diem!

Timeline

Interview went well and my wife was given the immigrant fee handout ($165) with the A-number and DOS case number together with a green form which she completed putting down the DHL office where she will pick the passports.

So you were APPROVED?!?!?!?!?!? :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing: Not happy...or is that a female thing 2 get emotional?!? :cry:

Met online 9/2012

Courtship 3/1/2013

ClockWatch2.gif

5/3/2014 Filed I-130

11/3/2014 NOA-1

20/8/2014 NVC received

29/8/2014 NVC case #

19/9/2014 AOS sent

30/9/2014 IV invoiced

3/10/2014 IV paid

02/02/2015 Visa in hand

26/02/2015 POE

Timeline

So I checked the CEAC site using the case number:

Issued

Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted.

Carpe Diem!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Congrats to you :)

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi, I am glad the whole medical process went smoothly for you guys.

I have a question. Is there need for me to have someone accompany me? Like is there a part in the whole medical process that might require me to have someone watch over my three year old while I maybe get some tests done on me?

Thanks.

11.14.2012======NOA1

Mark 11:23 KJV

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed , and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass ; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

anyone that recently went for the medical appointment. did you pay before or after you had already seen the doctor?

11.14.2012======NOA1

Mark 11:23 KJV

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed , and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass ; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just paid USCIS Immigrant Fees through USCIS ELIS as the curtain continues to fall - almost touching the floor. So amazing looking back. I pray that all will receive good news as you soldier on with this journey. Stay the course

Carpe Diem!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.