hargur2014

AFTER SUBMITTING DS-261 NO RESPONSE

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My husband had filled out DS-261 Choice of Agent on 05/28/2014 and same day I'd paid my AOS fee. Then I'd mailed AOS packet on 06/03/2014 which was received by NVC on 06/09/2014. But when I sign in to the payment portal, the IV fee hasn't been invoiced yet. I wonder how long does it take for them to update my file pertaining to the DS-261. Is it time to call NVC or should I wait? My understanding was once they receive DS-261 and AOS, I can pay the IV fee which hasn't been invoiced yet. Please help.

Hi! We are also in the same situation you are in, we're not able to pay the IV fee yet. Called up NVC and asked them when it will get generated they said it will probably take them 30 days to review the DS-261, which I dont understand because there is really nothing to review with the DS-261 because it is just a name. I mean there is no paperwork together with it. lol Your not the only one who is not able to pay the IV fee yet, there is still a lot of people who sent it out earlier than us ( maybe around the 3rd week of may) and still haven't receive the bill.

My husband had filled out DS-261 Choice of Agent on 05/28/2014 and same day I'd paid my AOS fee. Then I'd mailed AOS packet on 06/03/2014 which was received by NVC on 06/09/2014. But when I sign in to the payment portal, the IV fee hasn't been invoiced yet. I wonder how long does it take for them to update my file pertaining to the DS-261. Is it time to call NVC or should I wait? My understanding was once they receive DS-261 and AOS, I can pay the IV fee which hasn't been invoiced yet. Please help.

Edited by heytoot

event.png

event.png

Yeah same here seriously...I submitted the DS-261 on May 27 and called, and they said they recieved May 28, and have to wait up to 30 business days...can't understand why something so simple takes forever. I am on the 20th business day....Hopefully things speed up once the IV bill is invoiced

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Have you guys have heard anything? i am in the same boat, I filed ds-261 on May 29th, submitted I864 on June 2nd and Haven't received any update yet..... i am really nervous about the time this process is taking.....

I called them.

they said "Due to the overwhelming influx of DS-261 they are behind the 30 business day promise."

they said it will take up to 10 more business days to process.

basically, it'l get reviewed when its reviewed.

Timeline

I just received an email from NVC and they have stated that they haven't received ds261 from my spouse, which I have submitted on May 29th, and received a confirmation on May 29th. I just resubmitted DS-261 on behalf of my wife, do you guys have faced the same situation?

Recieved invoice just this past friday (yesterday) paid it! Thankfully it came

I just received an email from NVC and they have stated that they haven't received ds261 from my spouse, which I have submitted on May 29th, and received a confirmation on May 29th. I just resubmitted DS-261 on behalf of my wife, do you guys have faced the same situation?

I got the same before and called about it. They said disregard it because there is a bug in the system. As long as you already called and confirmed that they recieved the DS-261, diaregard any emails saying you need to submit it. Its a bug in their system

I dont think there is any sort of queue. I think all DS-261s go in a big bowl and they draw them at random.

I submitted mine May 24 and still 40 days later, they have not reviewed it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.