lilsadie

what did you take to the interview for evidence?

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

My interview is in 3 weeks and im really freaking out! I know I have way to much evidence so thought I would ask what people took?

I really need to narrow it down! My partner and I have been living here in Aus for 5 years now so we have everything you could imagine! Thanks guys!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi guys,

My interview is in 3 weeks and im really freaking out! I know I have way to much evidence so thought I would ask what people took?

I really need to narrow it down! My partner and I have been living here in Aus for 5 years now so we have everything you could imagine! Thanks guys!

Hey you may want to post in the regional forum to find out what's expected from your respective country. The amount and type of evidence may vary. Also read embassy reviews.

All the best on your interview!!!!!

goofy.gif My K-1 Timeline goofy.gif

12/04/2013 Mailed K-1 packet to Dallas Lockbox USPS Priority Express (overnight)
12/05/2014 K-1 packet recieved
12/09/2013 Received email and text of NOA1
12//2013 Hard copy of NOA1 received
12/13/2013 Called to speak with tier 2 supervisor to fix errors on I-129F & G325A in hopes of preempting RFE
12/19/2013 Alien registration number changed
04/01/2014 NOA2 (apparently changes preempted RFE)
4/11/2014 NVC Received

4/15/2014 NVC left

4/22/2014 Consulate Received

5/07/2014 Picked up packet 1

5/20/2014 Interview 1 (asked to correct error on bring birth certificate and bring more evidence of relationship)

7/29/2014 Interview 2 (passed visa will be issued on 8/01/2014)
Texas Service Center

More than likely you will not need any evidence at all. I've yet to see any K-1 applicant here asked for evidence at the interview in Sydney. But just in case, you should take a sample of evidence you feel proves the legitimacy of your relationship. Photos, proof of vacations together, proof of common address, common bank accounts etc are solid. Good luck, you'll be fine. Sydney is one of the easiest consulates.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

When I went for my interview in Sydney, I took photographs, copies of all my bookings and my partners when we visited each other, cards that I had received etc. I did not need any of it but I took it, better to be safe than sorry.

Filed: Timeline

I took all of our original evidence that we sent in with our packet. The scariest thing is the interviewer literally stared me in the eyes the whole time! So I felt so awkward and was thrown off answering some of the questions! But the best part was at the end is when the interviewer handed me my approved and said congratulations on it! Good luck!:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I took all of our original evidence that we sent in with our packet. The scariest thing is the interviewer literally stared me in the eyes the whole time! So I felt so awkward and was thrown off answering some of the questions! But the best part was at the end is when the interviewer handed me my approved and said congratulations on it! Good luck! :)

I'm okay with eye contact normally but this would throw me off! :blink:

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Timeline

Good luck with the interview. It really is not as daunting as you think and the staff at the consulate are really very nice. You will have no problems as long as you bring evidence of your ongoing relationship, proof of meeting (photos and flight itinerary's) and some kind of secondary evidence such as phone call logs, chat logs, letters just in case.

I would be very surprised if they ask for anything more than your photo's and itinerary from previous travel.

Enjoy downtown Sydney :rofl:

Edited by TheCaptain

My AOS Journey

11/11/14 - POE

12/12/14 - Married

12/15/14 - AOS/EAD Submitted

12/22/14 - NOA 1

01/13/15 - Biometrics

03/20/15 - Notice Of Potential Interview Waiver Received - 6 Month Delay

09/21/15 - NPIW Expired

10/16/15 - Service Request 1 submitted - Local office past my case

10/17/15 - Service Request Response - Currently being adjudicated, No timeline. Please wait

10/19/15 - Contacted Local Congressman. Request Submitted

11/19/15 - Response from congressman. Currently being adjudicated. Please wait. No Timeline

11/27/15 - Letter from Local Field office requesting missing I-693.

12/21/15 - Infopass Appointment regarding notice - I-693 not required for K1 Visa. Officer stated he would request local officer to contact me

12/22/15 - 1 Year since NOA 1

12/29/15 - Had original K1 I-693 medical form transcribed by US panel doctor and submitted to USCIS.

01/06/16 - Service request 2 submitted

01/19/16 - Interview Appointment Received

02/09/16 - Interview - APPROVED

02/12/16 - 2 Year Green Card In Hand

12/26/17 - ROC Submitted

01/08/18 - ROC NOA1 Recieved

10/06/18 - Received 18 Month Extension Letter

01/17/19 - Removal of Conditions - Approved

01/23/19 - Received 10 year Green Card.

My Citizenship Journey

12/06/18 - N400 Submitted

12/18/18 - N400 Biometrics Appointment Received

12/26/18 - Biometrics Complete - Expected completion Feb 2020 (13 Months)

04/28/19 - So far lots of USCIS "nothing has changed" bi weekly status update e-mails.

05/07/19 - Received notification that my N400 interview had been scheduled.

05/08/19 - N400 Interview letter was available to view online.

05/13/19 - Received physical copy of N400 interview letter in mail.

06/14/19 - N400 Interview Passed. Recommended for citizenship.

06/22/19 - N400 Approved

07/24/19 - Oath ceremony scheduled

Thanks guys!! Ive got a suitcase FULL!! We have kept every bill, letter, etc for the last 5 years! Ill narrow it down and take what is necessary and hope they dont ask for anything!!!

Good luck with the interview. It really is not as daunting as you think and the staff at the consulate are really very nice. You will have no problems as long as you bring evidence of your ongoing relationship, proof of meeting (photos and flight itinerary's) and some kind of secondary evidence such as phone call logs, chat logs, letters just in case.

I would be very surprised if they ask for anything more than your photo's and itinerary from previous travel.

Enjoy downtown Sydney :rofl:

So mad we have to go to Sydney!!! I live just outside of Melbourne CBD and thats bad enough! All well, we are treating ourselves to a nice hotel for the night so thats a bonus!

Timeline

Thanks guys!! Ive got a suitcase FULL!! We have kept every bill, letter, etc for the last 5 years! Ill narrow it down and take what is necessary and hope they dont ask for anything!!!

So mad we have to go to Sydney!!! I live just outside of Melbourne CBD and thats bad enough! All well, we are treating ourselves to a nice hotel for the night so thats a bonus!

Hahaha yeah it's a great reason to have a mini holiday. I came from South East Melbourne for my interview.

Just make sure you don't have a suitcase that is bigger than a carry on because you can't take more than a small folder with all your papers with you past security in the consulate and security will need to store your case. The storage lockers aren't very big and they can ask you to store it somewhere else if it's too big.

Also FYI catch the airport train to and from the airport to the hotel ($35ish dollars both ways) and stay at the Travelodge in Phillip St ($175 a night) as it's a 1 minute walk from the consulate.

Just make sure you don't try and fly up the same morning as your interview, you never know what might happen and it's much safer paying the hotel charge than missing your interview time :-)

My AOS Journey

11/11/14 - POE

12/12/14 - Married

12/22/14 - NOA 1

01/13/15 - Biometrics

09/21/15 - NPIW Expired

10/17/15 - Service Request Response - Currently being adjudicated, No timeline. Please wait

11/19/15 - Response from congressman. Currently being adjudicated. Please wait. No Timeline

12/21/15 - Infopass Appointment regarding notice - I-693 not required for K1 Visa. Officer stated he would request local officer to contact me

12/29/15 - Had original K1 I-693 medical form transcribed by US panel doctor and submitted to USCIS.

12/26/17 - ROC Submitted

My Citizenship Journey

04/28/19 - So far lots of USCIS "nothing has changed" bi weekly status update e-mails.

06/22/19 - N400 Approved

Hahaha yeah it's a great reason to have a mini holiday. I came from South East Melbourne for my interview.

Just make sure you don't have a suitcase that is bigger than a carry on because you can't take more than a small folder with all your papers with you past security in the consulate and security will need to store your case. The storage lockers aren't very big and they can ask you to store it somewhere else if it's too big.

Also FYI catch the airport train to and from the airport to the hotel ($35ish dollars both ways) and stay at the Travelodge in Phillip St ($175 a night) as it's a 1 minute walk from the consulate.

Just make sure you don't try and fly up the same morning as your interview, you never know what might happen and it's much safer paying the hotel charge than missing your interview time :-)

Excellent advice! Thank you! Were going up the morning before but I think we booked with Tiger so who knows when we will actually arrive! Lol

We travel lightly so we will just have 1 carry on between us. My partner is coming to the interview so its good to know there are lockers so she doesn't have to guard the bags!!!

So glad you know the name if the hotel, we were trying to work it out last night so we could hook I to it! Will do it when im home from work!

Are you in the states now?

Timeline

Hahaha yeah tiger could really be a hit or miss... Too many horror stories of cancelled planes or delays to try and risk it the same day.

The rest is super easy.

Enter the MLC building from ground/underground (underground has food, coffee and bathrooms) and take the elevator to level 10 for security, show them your appointment letter, baggage scan, ticket for the locker for when you return then take a seat for the journey to level 58. Show that lady your drivers license or passport, and then your in the consulate.

I'm not in the US yet I still have lots of things to finalize yet so will not be traveling until about September/October.

My AOS Journey

11/11/14 - POE

12/12/14 - Married

12/22/14 - NOA 1

01/13/15 - Biometrics

09/21/15 - NPIW Expired

12/26/17 - ROC Submitted

My Citizenship Journey

06/22/19 - N400 Approved

I can vouch for everyone else, I didn't need anything I took with me - it was more an annoyance carrying around such a heavy folder full of stuff but obviously you would take it anyway.

Good luck!

CB

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.