DLS713

Trying to figure out what Visa is best.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My girlfriend is a registared nurse in the Philippines and has been working as such for the past 2 years. We're look to get her over here to the US and I was wondering if trying to get her here on a Work Visa would be a viable option? And with getting the work visa what else would we need to do to make her a viable employ for a US hospital? I'd really love any input y'all can give me and I look forward to hearing from you all. Thanks for your time..

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Strange my post above seems to have been truncated: Here is the website again: http://shusterman.com/registerednursesusimmigration.html

-

What I said was that the website shows it's a long and difficult process to get a visa for work in the USA as a nurse.

A tourist visa *may* be a possibility but unlikely as one must show compelling reasons that she would return to the Philippines. A nurse job is probably not sufficient and if she says her purpose is to visit her BF she might as well not invest the time and if she says that her BF she might as well not invest the time effort and money. If she has a house, husband and children in the Philippines then a tourist visa may be a possibility but then if that were the case we wouldn't be having this discussion would we?!?!?

The best way to get her to the USA is a K-1 financee visa. But you must both be committed to being married within 90 days of the USA and if she is just your GF perhaps you are not ready for that step.

So, it sounds like a least one and perhaps multiple trips to the Philippines are in your future. Note if you are thinking of bringing her to the USA and she was previously married in the Philippines, well..... You've got other significant challenges to get past. Provide us here more about your intentions and we can help you.. But in short a work visa to the USA for her seems very unlikely

Getting a work visa in the usa is not an easy way. Even if she is a license nurse in the e philippines, it doesnt mean she can work there in usa. She should pass an nclex rn to enable to qualify as a nurse in your country. Working visa slots is limited. Also she should have her school documents like transcripts rle be evaluated by cgfns to ensure her nursing education is qualified or in equivalent to the nursing education in your country. Its not a fast way. And it takes a lot of money for the process and time consuming. If u want her to be there asap then fike for k1 but u shoukd marry her within 90 days and file for aos so that she can have her greencard and ssn. Thats the time she can able to work.

USCIS STAGE:

04-05-13- Mailed CR1 petition to USCIS
04-08-13- NOA 1 ( NBC)

04-17-13- Form I-797 received thru mail (official receipt)
11-18-13- transferred to Texas Service Center
12-12-13- NOA2 (at last!), no RFE smile.png

NVC STAGE:

01-06-14- shipped to NVC

01-13-14- NVC received

02-12-14- Case number, IIN & Beneficiary ID available through phonecall

02-24-14- DS-261 available and completed

02-26-14- Received email from NVC to pay AOS bill

02-27-14- paid AOS bill, in process

03-03-14- AOS bill appear as paid

03-15-14- Received email from NVC to pay IV bill; Mailed AOS packet

03-18-14- NVC received AOS packet, under review

03-27-14- paid IV fee, in process

03-28-14- Mailed IV packet

03-31-14- IV bill appear as paid, DS-260 available online and completed

04-02-14- received IV documents, under review

04-04-14- received AOS checklist

04-10-14- mailed corrected AOS checklist

04-18-14- corrected AOS logged into the system

05-02-14- CASE COMPLETE! (Phonecall) :dance: :dance:

05-09-14- CASE COMPLETE! (Email)

CONSULATE:

05-27-14- Medical at SLEC- passed! :dancing:

06-10-14- Interview at USEM - approved! :thumbs:

06-14-14- Visa on hand :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.