Elyse

K1 INTERVIEW CUBA ONLY

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Anyone with recent interview in Cuba for K1 did you submit any paper work to NVC? when appreved or is it

true that police clearance, Birth Certificate, certificado de solteria, medical, I-134 and all evidence are presented

the day of the interview. Please advise of any other forms that need to be filled out . I know DS-260 Electronic application

also did anyone have problems uploading fiance picture.

Thanks

Timeline

Anyone with recent interview in Cuba for K1 did you submit any paper work to NVC? when appreved or is it

true that police clearance, Birth Certificate, certificado de solteria, medical, I-134 and all evidence are presented

the day of the interview. Please advise of any other forms that need to be filled out . I know DS-260 Electronic application

Thanks

Yes all those documents you take the day of the interview. for the electronic application you can take a passport style photo with it . I couldnt download it and it will tell you that you can take the passport picture. you do not send anything to NVC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

A K-1 applicant does not submit anything to the NVC. They also use the DS-160, not DS-260. http://havana.usint.gov/family_based_immigrants.html

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Caribbean regional - OP seeking answers from those that went through Cuba ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Thanks

thanks so much lets keep in touch sorry about AP

Timeline

Yes all those documents you take the day of the interview. for the electronic application you can take a passport style photo with it . I couldnt download it and it will tell you that you can take the passport picture. you do not send anything to NVC

thanks so much but did you complete the electronic application with out photo wont print with out pic

Timeline

A K-1 applicant does not submit anything to the NVC. They also use the DS-160, not DS-260. http://havana.usint.gov/family_based_immigrants.html

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Caribbean regional - OP seeking answers from those that went through Cuba ~

why do you put Havana website when there is nothing that can help us Cubans if you don't know don't share youre input!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this message is for kay dee

Edited by Elyse

Timeline

don't know about Cubans don't share a website that we know and cant help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

don't know about Cubans don't share a website that we know and cant help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, the website KayDeeCee provided included all the answers to the questions you posed as well as clarified that you need to fill out form DS 160 and not form 260 as you stated in your original message. People are only trying to be helpful on this forum.

Good luck with the process!

Per the link KayDeeCee provided:

For applicants applying for a fiancé (K1 or K2) visa:

On October 15, 2013, all visa applicants applying for a fiancé (K1 or K2) visa must use the electronic DS-160 form. The DS-160 replaces the paper forms DS-156, DS-156K and DS-230 for fiancé cases. Except as set out below, the paper based forms can no longer be accepted. To complete the DS-160 form, please begin here. Applicants who have already had their interview with a consular officer do NOT need to submit a new form unless otherwise instructed by a consular officer.

NOTE: Applicants whose cases were already scheduled for an interview as of October 7, 2013, may continue to use the paper-based forms or may elect to use the DS-160 instead. Applicants electing to use the paper-based forms must complete the DS-230, DS-156 (two copies), DS-156K, and for male applicants, the DS-158 prior to their arrival at the U.S. Interests Section for their interview.

Photos, (2) color photos on white background of the beneficiary facing the camera and measuring 50 mm x 50 mm taken within the last six months.

Birth certificate.

Current marriage certificate, if married, and divorce and/or death certificates showing the end of all prior marriages. For F4 and IR5 cases, the petitioners birth certificate.

Criminal Records from Cuba, and also from any other country where the beneficiary has lived for more than one year since age 16.*

Medical examination.* Beneficiaries need to check the list of hospitals where they can have their medical examination. On the day of their medical appointment, they should bring this list along with the letter from the National Visa Center indicating their case number.

Affidavit of Support, form I-864 must be completed by the petitioner and sent to the National Visa Center. IMPORTANT: Please note that USCIS published a new version of Form I-864 Affidavit of Support on March 22, 2013. As of June 23, 2013, the older version of the form is no longer accepted for new Affidavits submitted. Affidavits previously submitted on the old form do NOT need to be resubmitted.

Please note that K visas do not require form I-864, but should bring proof of the petitioners economic solvency, which may include the I-134 Affidavit of Support.

Relationship evidence in K-1, K-3, IR-1, CR-1, and F2A spouse cases. This may include photos taken of the family during the marriage, letters, phone records, joint bills, or any other evidence that demonstrates that the relationship is bona fide.

IV processing fee. If the petitioner did not pay the IV processing fee at the National Visa Center, the applicant will need to pay the corresponding fee at the time of the consular interview. Note that NVC generally will not schedule a visa interview until this fee is paid.

N-400

06/18/2016 Mailed N-400 application

06/21/2016 NOA

07/22/2016 Biometrics

08/26/2016 In line for interview

10/24/2016 Interview (approved)

11/16/2016 Oath ceremony

Timeline

The electronic form is the ds-160 that is the one we took to our interview. It does let you mark that you were not able to download photo. As far as all other documents you need to bring they are listed on the website and also dont forget your two years of taxes and the affidavit of support

Timeline

The electronic form is the ds-160 that is the one we took to our interview. It does let you mark that you were not able to download photo. As far as all other documents you need to bring they are listed on the website and also dont forget your two years of taxes and the affidavit of support

Thank you and My apologíes to kay dee

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

why do you put Havana website when there is nothing that can help us Cubans if you don't know don't share youre input!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this message is for kay dee

Your rudeness is incredible. I am not sure why anyone would want to help you. I certainly will never try and help you get the correct information to succeed again.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.