llindsay

Review of Medical at St. Lukes

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJ members. I wanted to just post my fiancée experience at the medical and hope this information helps others that is about to go. I am the petitioner and since reading a lot of postings on this site I advise my fiancée to arrive at SLEC no later than 4am on Wednesday 6-4-2014. I called her around 2am to make sure she was awake and get a good meal before she goes in the line. I called her around 4am again to make sure was ok and was in the line and she told me yes and there was about 15 people ahead of her and she got there about 3:45am. I thought that was great but Iater after when she got done with the medical I found out that they had a bunch of people inside already. I did read that on the SLEC site if I remember correctly that the guard will do that. So now my fiancée was 56 in line cause of this.

Very important what im about to tell you guys. Please make sure your fiancée has everything she needs documents, payment, MNL# that is required cause my fiancée told me almost half of the people that was in front of her was turned away cause they didn't have all the proper documents. Researching does pay off and reading on VJ to make sure my fiancée has everything she needs before she goes and we went over everything 3 or 4 times to make sure.

Now she is inside around 6am or so and she has to go to different processes like showing her passport, online registration confirmation page, then pay the medical fee. She did her physical exam and of course they do undress them fully for that and she had one lady there that was very shy and traded numbers with my fiancee cause she wasn't ready to take off her clothes for the exam. Lucky for my fiancée :) cause she moved up a little in line. X-ray was taken and then they only gave her 1 shot and some lady said no need for other shots.

After all of that she was done about 9:15am when she called me and they ask her to come back at 2:30pm for her results. She went back there at 2:30pm and I thought she would be done in about 1 hour or so cause im sure they was others ahead of her that needed to get the results also but that wasn't the case. I didn't get a call from her until 7:45pm when she reach back home. I'm sure your thinking what happen, yeah me too cause I was a nervous wreck. What happen was the medical lady told her wrong about only needing 1 shot and my fiancée needed to get a total of 3 shots and lucky they still gave her the shots at that time. They even did the skin test on her even thou its not required for her age but its good to know.

After the results finally was done she got her disk and a receipt from the SLEC and they told her everything was fine and they will forward the results to the embassy. My fiancée also told me there was many people that got denied cause of results of TB or Hepatitis and they will need treatment before they can do interview.

Overall it was a good experience she said but the hold up was when the medical lady only gave her only 1 shot but luckily there was time for the other shots. My fiancée did her whole medical in one day and her interview is on 6-10-14. My fiancée is from Cebu and is staying with a family friend in Manila. I am having her stay in Manila until her interview date. Since there is time im gonna get her CFO done since its appt. only.

I hope this helps with the information I provided and if you have any questions about what I wrote just ask and ill be happy to answer and If I don't know then I will ask my fiancée about it.

Thanks for reading...

Timeline

Hi VJ members. I wanted to just post my fiancée experience at the medical and hope this information helps others that is about to go. I am the petitioner and since reading a lot of postings on this site I advise my fiancée to arrive at SLEC no later than 4am on Wednesday 6-4-2014. I called her around 2am to make sure she was awake and get a good meal before she goes in the line. I called her around 4am again to make sure was ok and was in the line and she told me yes and there was about 15 people ahead of her and she got there about 3:45am. I thought that was great but Iater after when she got done with the medical I found out that they had a bunch of people inside already. I did read that on the SLEC site if I remember correctly that the guard will do that. So now my fiancée was 56 in line cause of this.

Very important what im about to tell you guys. Please make sure your fiancée has everything she needs documents, payment, MNL# that is required cause my fiancée told me almost half of the people that was in front of her was turned away cause they didn't have all the proper documents. Researching does pay off and reading on VJ to make sure my fiancée has everything she needs before she goes and we went over everything 3 or 4 times to make sure.

Now she is inside around 6am or so and she has to go to different processes like showing her passport, online registration confirmation page, then pay the medical fee. She did her physical exam and of course they do undress them fully for that and she had one lady there that was very shy and traded numbers with my fiancee cause she wasn't ready to take off her clothes for the exam. Lucky for my fiancée :) cause she moved up a little in line. X-ray was taken and then they only gave her 1 shot and some lady said no need for other shots.

After all of that she was done about 9:15am when she called me and they ask her to come back at 2:30pm for her results. She went back there at 2:30pm and I thought she would be done in about 1 hour or so cause im sure they was others ahead of her that needed to get the results also but that wasn't the case. I didn't get a call from her until 7:45pm when she reach back home. I'm sure your thinking what happen, yeah me too cause I was a nervous wreck. What happen was the medical lady told her wrong about only needing 1 shot and my fiancée needed to get a total of 3 shots and lucky they still gave her the shots at that time. They even did the skin test on her even thou its not required for her age but its good to know.

After the results finally was done she got her disk and a receipt from the SLEC and they told her everything was fine and they will forward the results to the embassy. My fiancée also told me there was many people that got denied cause of results of TB or Hepatitis and they will need treatment before they can do interview.

Overall it was a good experience she said but the hold up was when the medical lady only gave her only 1 shot but luckily there was time for the other shots. My fiancée did her whole medical in one day and her interview is on 6-10-14. My fiancée is from Cebu and is staying with a family friend in Manila. I am having her stay in Manila until her interview date. Since there is time im gonna get her CFO done since its appt. only.

I hope this helps with the information I provided and if you have any questions about what I wrote just ask and ill be happy to answer and If I don't know then I will ask my fiancée about it.

Thanks for reading...

Good job Mr. Lloyd! It's always helpful when someone shares their real-time experience during the process. We're still jealous because you 2 found an interview date so quick, but also holding on to hope that we will see a date pop up also. I've already been locked out a couple days from looking too much each day...lol. Again good luck & keep us posted sir.

Terry

Timeline

Good job Mr. Lloyd! It's always helpful when someone shares their real-time experience during the process. We're still jealous because you 2 found an interview date so quick, but also holding on to hope that we will see a date pop up also. I've already been locked out a couple days from looking too much each day...lol. Again good luck & keep us posted sir.

Terry

Thanks. You know I never got locked out at all and I looked every 30 minutes. I just logged on and if I didn't see a date on the dashboard then I just logged off. I figured the july dates would come out about June 1st but is phil date so I started 8pm est. on May 31st. Keep on checking which im sure you will but pace yourself so you don't loose out on dates cause you locked yourself out for the day. I will keep you guys posted for sure. I just filled out the online CFO pre-registration but now it wont let me try to schedule a appt. cause it says the CAPTCHA code im entering is wrong and I know its right and made sure everything is exact including case sensitive letters. It still says its wrong code. You would think this would be one of the easy parts but cant get past this to setup up a CFO appt in Manila for my fiancée. Can anyone help with this one? Hopefully Hank will see this :)

Thanks. You know I never got locked out at all and I looked every 30 minutes. I just logged on and if I didn't see a date on the dashboard then I just logged off. I figured the july dates would come out about June 1st but is phil date so I started 8pm est. on May 31st. Keep on checking which im sure you will but pace yourself so you don't loose out on dates cause you locked yourself out for the day. I will keep you guys posted for sure. I just filled out the online CFO pre-registration but now it wont let me try to schedule a appt. cause it says the CAPTCHA code im entering is wrong and I know its right and made sure everything is exact including case sensitive letters. It still says its wrong code. You would think this would be one of the easy parts but cant get past this to setup up a CFO appt in Manila for my fiancée. Can anyone help with this one? Hopefully Hank will see this :)

Thanks for sharing your experience, Llindsey! I'm sure it will be very helpful to those next in line. I tried that first step in CFO appointment just recently, just for curiosity's sake. ;) It worked for me. I stopped when I got the first email confirmation. Just try again.

Btw, if you want Hank's attention next time, post in the PH forum here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

-Hank never goes on a day-off! :D

Edited by sweet cakes

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Timeline

Thanks for sharing your experience, Llindsey! I'm sure it will be very helpful to those next in line. I tried that first step in CFO appointment just recently, just for curiosity's sake. ;) It worked for me. I stopped when I got the first email confirmation. Just try again.

Btw, if you want Hank's attention next time, post in the PH forum here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

-Hank never goes on a day-off! :D

I was able to get the pre-registration form done and I go a email confirming it was done. But now I have to go on the CFO online GCP appointment site and then you are ask 3 questions and then you put in a security code and that's where I have the problem.

http://gcp-appointment.cfo.gov.ph/

I was able to get the pre-registration form done and I go a email confirming it was done. But now I have to go on the CFO online GCP appointment site and then you are ask 3 questions and then you put in a security code and that's where I have the problem.

http://gcp-appointment.cfo.gov.ph/

Sorry, Llindsey! Can't be much of help here, since the online CFO pre-registration is very new, there is only a few of us here who can answer that. You can post in the PH forum, I'm sure there will be somebody who went through it and who can share their experience.

Btw, that link is the first step. I did go through it, with no problems, and there's a different email confirmation you will receive with a link after correctly entering the captcha code. :)

Edited by sweet cakes

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

N-400

Timeline

Sorry, Llindsey! Can't be much of help here, since the online CFO pre-registration is very new, there is only a few of us here who can answer that. You can post in the PH forum, I'm sure there will be somebody who went through it and who can share their experience.

Btw, that link is the first step. I did go through it, with no problems, and there's a different email confirmation you will receive with a link after correctly entering the captcha code. :)

Ok what I did was I downloaded firefox browser and it worked. Not sure if there is something wrong with Internet explorer cause I had version 11 but it worked with firefox. I was able to set the appointment for June 6th at 9am.

Ok what I did was I downloaded firefox browser and it worked. Not sure if there is something wrong with Internet explorer cause I had version 11 but it worked with firefox. I was able to set the appointment for June 6th at 9am.

Ahhh awesome! Was about to ask if you're using Mac or Microsoft OS. I have always used Google chrome as my internet browser, and had no problems with captcha codes. :)

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

N-400

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The CFO online registration system is a little touchy, but just be a little patient with it and it will work. I never thought about the browser as I use Firefox full time anyway as I hate Windows bloatware.

Glad you got your medical and shots done in one day. Sorry about the silly mixup at the end, but it did not cost you too much time.

For those unaware, St. Luke's is allowing med exams without interview appointments (only applies to K-1). So do your medical and get it out of the way; this way if a date pops up and it is just 2 to 3 days away you can grab it without worrying about whether you will get the med done in time.

Also for those unaware, ladies get female doctors only, in case undressing is an issue for you.. Most countries don't give you that luxury but you get it at St. Luke's.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.