5 posts in this topic

Can these forms be notarized here in the U.S.A. or does it need to be done at the U.S. Embassy ? Also if it has to be done at the Embassy does it cost per notary ? Our Embassy is in Manila does anyone know the total cost if there is such a cost for these notary forms ?

I have gone over the different forms and the DS-5507 there is something i do not understand . The support part of the form or the lack of it . I found no information for support evidence . Is this just a form to swear to such support for the child ? Or do I need to provide supporting documents to prove I can support much like the I-864 ?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Can these forms be notarized here in the U.S.A. or does it need to be done at the U.S. Embassy ? Also if it has to be done at the Embassy does it cost per notary ? Our Embassy is in Manila does anyone know the total cost if there is such a cost for these notary forms ?

I have gone over the different forms and the DS-5507 there is something i do not understand . The support part of the form or the lack of it . I found no information for support evidence . Is this just a form to swear to such support for the child ? Or do I need to provide supporting documents to prove I can support much like the I-864 ?

The form(s) can be notarized by a U.S. commissioned notary -- that is stated in the CRBA Checklist. The DS-5507 does not require supporting documents of financial support -- the affidavit contains a statement of support, you acknowledge and agree to support by signing the document and getting it notarized.

The below statement is on page 3 of DS-5507.

"My child was born out of wedlock, and I am the father through whom such child is claiming U.S. citizenship. I agree to provide

financial support for such child until he/she reaches the age of eighteen years."

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

How far back do I need to go for proof of U.S. citizenship ? Do I need to get school records or will the last 5 years be enough ?

For physical presence proof -- five years is required by law.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.