Ming

DS-260 must be in English

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If the DS-260 must be in English, how wil my wife parent receive there IV package? They live in China. The GUZ consulate will translate english address into chinese?

Before DS-260 was online the paper version there was a space where you can answer name and address in native language. I am not sure if the online verision let me do that.

Thanks,

Ming

IR-5 for wife's parents:
3-24-2014: I-130 approved
4-08-2014: USCIS sent to NVC
5-07-2014: Case recieved at NVC
5-15-2014: Case number & IIN Assigned
5-21-2014: Completed DS-261
5-22-2014: Sent ENROLL EP email
5-27-2014: Sent AOS through EP
6-14-2014: Case number change from GUZ to GZO

7-04-2014: Sent DS-260 fee

7-07-2014: Sent Civil Documents

7-08-2014: Completed DS-260

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8-27-2014: Case COMPLETE! YES!...YES!...YES! :joy::thumbs::dance:

If the DS-260 must be in English, how wil my wife parent receive there IV package? They live in China. The GUZ consulate will translate english address into chinese?

Before DS-260 was online the paper version there was a space where you can answer name and address in native language. I am not sure if the online verision let me do that.

Thanks,

Ming

Hi 明, currently there is no the need of snail mail though i can't be sure for China..if you mean the p4 packet, asumming you have put their email adress they will get it via their email instead..it take much less time.

DS-260 is English-only so you are not going to write the address in Chinese

Edited by Phillip Wu

USCIS
June 01, 2013 I-130 Started

June 10, 2013 Priority Date
June 14, 2013 NOA 1
September 10, 2013 NOA 2

NVC
October 21, 2013 AoS Fee Paid
December 22, 2013 DS261 Submitted
December 27, 2013 DS261 Accepted ( via email )
December 28, 2013 IV Fee Bill Invoiced
December 29, 2013 AoS Package Sent
December 30, 2013 IV Fee Paid & DS260 Submitted
January 11, 2014 IV Package Sent
January 07, 2014 AoS Package Received ( call NVC )
January 15, 2014 IV Package Received ( call NVC )
January 27,2014 Received AoS Checklists ( email )
January 27,2014 Received IV Checklists ( email )
February 25,2014 Sent IV Checklists back
February 28,2014 IV Checklists Package Delivered
March 5,2014 Sent AOS Checklists back
March 10,2014 AOS Checklists Package Delivered
March 19,2014 Case Completed ( call NVC )
March 22,2014 Case Completed ( CC email )

Consulate
February 05,2015 Interview Letter
March 12,2015 Interview

Timeline

once the casefile is completed -

start up an account over at

ustraveldocs.com/cn

then set up the document delivery address, print out the coversheet, and bring it in on interview day.

When you write 'IV' packet here - I am assuming you are meaning the 'Visa Packet' that winds it way from the IV Unit at the consulate to your beneficiary's hands - after interview day. if that's not the case - reply back and let's try to figure it out.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I mean the p4 packet

IR-5 for wife's parents:
3-24-2014: I-130 approved
4-08-2014: USCIS sent to NVC
5-07-2014: Case recieved at NVC
5-15-2014: Case number & IIN Assigned
5-21-2014: Completed DS-261
5-22-2014: Sent ENROLL EP email
5-27-2014: Sent AOS through EP
6-14-2014: Case number change from GUZ to GZO

7-04-2014: Sent DS-260 fee

7-07-2014: Sent Civil Documents

7-08-2014: Completed DS-260

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8-27-2014: Case COMPLETE! YES!...YES!...YES! :joy::thumbs::dance:

Timeline

for a parent - with doc intake occurs at NVC.

for case files headed to Guangzhou - there are 2 choices on how you handled the visa application there -

paper [still with DS-261 and DS-260 online] or

electronic processing [many things emailed into NVC]

'packet 4' is the Visa Application handled at NVC - DS-260

If EP was used - GREAT - must show original white books and a complete set of I-864 stuff on interview day [per the instructions]

regardless - the beneficiary has no packet 4 to present at GUZ IV on interview day - all of the visa application process for doc intake occured at NVC - irrespective of EP or paper methods.

I Note a K-1 visa chaser has other things, different things to do - not the same as an IR-5 on process.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Ming - deepest apologies - I had a small brain fart - let me correct it.

P4 is the interview letter.

P3 is the visa application - intake at NVC.

If EP was used - P4 is emailed to petitioner and beneficiary by NVC

if EP NOT USED - P4 is sent out from Guangzhou IV Unit - months later after 'case-complete' timetick. I say 'sent-out' here - as some folk get it via email from the IV Unit - some have gotten it via postal mail.

If EP not used - II am uncertain what to tell you - as the GUZ IV P3 supplemental form is no longer used - and was used solely to capture the beneficiary's address in Chinese. The website ustraveldocs.com/cn also captures the beneficiary's address in Chinese on the applicant's profile.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.