crymwest

Interview email

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello all,

I know there was the case a few days ago where someone said they had looked for the email for days, and it was in the spam box the whole time. But how long was the "whole time"? I received the letter from NVC advising me to have my fiance fill out the DS-160 in the mail Thursday, and the visa package arrived in Sydney on Friday. I know the DS-160 doesn't trigger the interview email, my question is more when to expect it...hopefully this week? I assume going on what I've read, we'll be set for the last Tuesday in June which we want as early as possible obviously. So when did ya'lls emails come in and how far out was the interview?

I-129F sent 11-27-13

NOA 1 email 12-5-13

NOA 1 Hardcopy received 12-13-13

Alien Reg Number Assigned 12-17-13

NOA 2 text/email 4-23-14

Sent to NVC 5-6-14 Received 5-14-14

Left NVC 5-19-14 Arrived in Sydney 5-23-14

Interview Email received 5/27/14

Interview 6/24/14

Wedding 8/2/14!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AOS packet delivered 9/11/14

NOA1 texts 9/17/14

Biometrics appt: 10/6/14. We had 2 appts on dif days, but got both done at once and was in and out in 30min at the Nashville location.

EAD Notice: 11/25

EAD Received with wrong b-day 12/4 Contacted on Dec 13th to send it back and they will determine the next step about reissuing it.

EAD fixed by going to an infopass appt. The woman was able to fix it in the system and said don't waste the $ on a new EAD.

Potential Interview Waiver Received 3/2/15

Green Card in hand 7/29/15!!!

If the your petition reached the Consulate on Friday, then you should expect to receive the packet 3 email very soon. In our case, the Consulate received the petition on 10 March, and sent the packet 3 email on 11 March, with an interview set for 8 April.

Edited by darin&josh

I-129F posted: 25/11/2013

NOA1: 9/12/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 10/12/2013

NOA2: 5/2/2014

Received at NVC: 19/02/2014

Left NVC: 24/02/2014

Received at Consulate: 10/03/2014

Received Packet 3: 10/03/2014

Consulate Interview: 8/04/2014

POE LAX: 2/07/2014

Married: 11/07/2014

AOS posted: 17/07/2014

Timeline

Our email came this morning at 1am after I had just turned the laptop off to go read lol. Our interview is June 24 at 10:45am. Now I know, I know, they say don't buy the tickets until the visa is in hand. But.... Is there a chance they will have it back to him by July 3 or so for a flight home? I work a 50+ hr job and since I was awesome to my boss for working yesterday she's agreed to let me have July 3 & 4th. Thoughts?

I-129F sent 11-27-13

NOA 1 email 12-5-13

NOA 2 text/email 4-23-14

Interview 6/24/14

Wedding 8/2/14!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOA1 texts 9/17/14

Biometrics appt: 10/6/14. We had 2 appts on dif days, but got both done at once and was in and out in 30min at the Nashville location.

EAD Received with wrong b-day 12/4 Contacted on Dec 13th to send it back and they will determine the next step about reissuing it.

EAD fixed by going to an infopass appt. The woman was able to fix it in the system and said don't waste the $ on a new EAD.

It would be cutting it very close. Assuming he had everything in order for his interview (I-134 and evidence, police certificate, medical, birth certificate etc), and also assuming they approved him on the day, it's likely it will take 4-5 working days to get the passport and packet back to him which would be the 1st or 2nd July (though some people have got it back in less time).

If you are considering when to book, an option could be to buy the ticket now and if it needs to be changed pay the fee to do so, or you could wait until after his interview (or even when he has his passport and visa in hand).

Some things to consider would be:

1) Do you have all the documents required for the interview yet?

2) Would the 3rd or 4th be realistic for your fiance? For instance, does he need to do anything before he leaves that would be dependent on having a confirmed visa, such as giving notice at work, change his mailing address etc?

3) How big a factor is the cost of the airline ticket and/or which airline he travels with?

Also, if your boss is flexible enough, do you think they could give you the 7th off instead of the 3rd? That way you would have a little more breathing room to look at booking a flight for the 4th (or even 5th) and still get to have a long weekend together. And I am guessing a flight on the 4th would still get in early enough to see the fireworks :)

Ok you guys, since you're way ahead of me (just got I-130 approved today) maybe you can answer me a very confusing question: at NVC stage they ask for docs you guys mentioned like police Certs etc. I'm planning on sending all originals of everything (and more) to NVC. What is the stuff we have to bring to sydney then? If they'll already have all of our original police Certs, birth and marriage Certs etc?

I thought it was only extra evidence (and copies of everything already sent just in case) and the medical. And there's the "I'm ready for interview" form too... Right?

I'm a little hazy on this cuz it seems a but different for sydney than other places... No?

Please help!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Our email came this morning at 1am after I had just turned the laptop off to go read lol. Our interview is June 24 at 10:45am. Now I know, I know, they say don't buy the tickets until the visa is in hand. But.... Is there a chance they will have it back to him by July 3 or so for a flight home? I work a 50+ hr job and since I was awesome to my boss for working yesterday she's agreed to let me have July 3 & 4th. Thoughts?

grats! Things are moving so fast (well, relatively, compared to the NOA2 lol) I am watching your info like a hawk, bc I am waiting for the NVC case number/email. It has been 2 weeks since NOA2. So I am trying to give it till next week before calling to find out the case number. Best of luck for the interview! And I hope travel can happen soon after. :)

K-1 Visa -  Date of arrival to US  Aug 30, 2014

Married September 26, 2014

AOS: SEPT 24th, 2015 GREEN CARD RECEIVED !! 

ROC:  Oct 10, 2018    Approval of ROC via online USCIS site.  

Naturalization: March 26th, 2021 Approved!!

As of 2022, we are working towards moving back to Australia likely in 2025. 

Ok you guys, since you're way ahead of me (just got I-130 approved today) maybe you can answer me a very confusing question: at NVC stage they ask for docs you guys mentioned like police Certs etc. I'm planning on sending all originals of everything (and more) to NVC. What is the stuff we have to bring to sydney then? If they'll already have all of our original police Certs, birth and marriage Certs etc?

I thought it was only extra evidence (and copies of everything already sent just in case) and the medical. And there's the "I'm ready for interview" form too... Right?

I'm a little hazy on this cuz it seems a but different for sydney than other places... No?

Please help!!

Hi Bradrean - the process at the Consulate will be slightly different for spouse visa applicants (IR-1/CR-1) compared to fiance visa applicants (K-1 visa). Because a spouse will have an effective green card upon admission to the US, a lot of the checks are conducted upfront, whereas for fiance visas some of that takes place after admission (and they have longer to wait for a residency status, employment authorisation etc).

Spouse visa applicants will follow the instructions on the DS-2001 (it does request of a lot of the same documents as the K-1 visa process, but there are differences and some of it will include items already requested and/or supplied to the NVC). However, I've only gone through the K-1 process so I can't offer much help with the specifics of the spouse visa requirements.

Timeline

grats! Things are moving so fast (well, relatively, compared to the NOA2 lol) I am watching your info like a hawk, bc I am waiting for the NVC case number/email. It has been 2 weeks since NOA2. So I am trying to give it till next week before calling to find out the case number. Best of luck for the interview! And I hope travel can happen soon after. :)

Thank you! We're using our airline miles so that puts us at booking on July 8th which should give them enough time to get his visa to him. We have all of the documents already and I sent more than enough for my part of the packet.

I-129F sent 11-27-13

NOA 1 email 12-5-13

NOA 2 text/email 4-23-14

Interview 6/24/14

Wedding 8/2/14!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOA1 texts 9/17/14

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello all,

I know there was the case a few days ago where someone said they had looked for the email for days, and it was in the spam box the whole time. But how long was the "whole time"? I received the letter from NVC advising me to have my fiance fill out the DS-160 in the mail Thursday, and the visa package arrived in Sydney on Friday. I know the DS-160 doesn't trigger the interview email, my question is more when to expect it...hopefully this week? I assume going on what I've read, we'll be set for the last Tuesday in June which we want as early as possible obviously. So when did ya'lls emails come in and how far out was the interview?

Hi Crymwest!

Just wondering how you knew the visa package had arrived in Sydney on that day? Were you tracking it on the DHL website from NVC? Just asking cos my ceac changed to "In transit" and i've been waiting a week for it to arrive. Thanks!

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Timeline

It showed on the NVC website when it had arrived. If you already have your interview date then the package is already in Sydney and they just have not updated it

I-129F sent 11-27-13

NOA 1 email 12-5-13

NOA 2 text/email 4-23-14

Interview 6/24/14

Wedding 8/2/14!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOA1 texts 9/17/14

Timeline

It showed on the NVC website when it had arrived. If you already have your interview date then the package is already in Sydney and they just have not updated it

I actually finally got my interview date right before you replied! haha :dancing:

05-18-2022: Filed N-400 online. Received online NOA and Biometrics re-use.

06-03-2022: Interview scheduled (online notice).

06-10-2022: Interview letter received via USPS.

07-11-2022: Naturalization Interview

Click here for my full timeline of K1, AOS, ROC, and Naturalization
:time:--> http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.