Category change from F3 to F1

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello All Respected Members,

My father is a US citizen,

He sponsored me in 2004

I received a letter in 2011

As my case became current.

In 2011 I got married so I mailed them a request to change my category from F1 to F3 so they put me in married sons and daughters of US citizens and hence delayed my case for more then 3-4 years.

I got divorced now and I want to again change my category from F3 to F1.currently residing in

Pakistan.

Please suggest me what will happen to my case and how long it's gonna take.

Thanks for all of your help.

I am assuming that you do this through consulate in your country. If so then you should call National Visa Center, let them know that you are divorced and want to change your from F3 to F1. They will then ask you to submit a divorce paper and any necessary documents. According to Visa bulletin for May 2014, F1 priority date is 08MAR07 and after you change from F3 to F1, you should be current and eligible to migrate to U.S. at this time. If you wish to bring your children, you should ask them how to bring them too. Hope this help and good luck

Thanks loudoff

No kids just only.marriage stayed for 3 years but no kids were born.

Please tell me in visa bulletin Pakistan comes under India tag?

Am I right?

Means to ask what ever the priority date is for India , same apply to Pakistan as well?

I checked with local embassy they said you should contact NVC.

So as you said hopefully when they change my category I will become current !

Thanks for all incoming comments !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

no, India is India. your country is in the first column, all other countries, and you are definitely current since you are 2004 and immigration is working with 2007 priority dates

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

sure that happens all the time, as soon as the nvc send parent a letter changing category, the petitioner soon after that will be contacted as your pd is current

Thanks aleful hope u r having nice day today

So once they change my category back to F1

You have any idea how long it takes for the whole process !

Thanks aleful

Thanks aleful hope u r having nice day today

So once they change my category back to F1

You have any idea how long it takes for the whole process !

Thanks aleful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.