ShyHazelnut

What do you do after the 5 months of wait time?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi everyone! On June 9th, it will be 5 months since my NOA1. I was told to call USCIS after the 5 month period and put in a service request. Additionally, I was told that the 5 month span was an "estimate" between the NOA1 and NOA2 for Texas. My question is.....how long do you get the NOA2 after the service request? Why do some cases take shorter than the 5 months? Does this mean they lost my case? What is the next step after the service request....

Sorry about all the questions....just find it mindboggling that it has taken so long and hasn't been touched since January.....

You should be getting the NOA 2 from USCIS soon. The NOA 2 does not come from NVC. Once they assign NOA 2 to your case the case will forward to NVC.

At the 5 month point you can request a service request. The time required isn't known but you can expect at least 30 days.

Some cases take less time but the reasons for this are difficult to define.

Your case isn't lost. The last step at USCIS is to assign a bar code to the case. This code is then scanned into the NVC system when the accept the case. This procedure takes longer than we think so during that time the case may appear to be lost because neither USCIS nor NVC can " find " the case. USCIS will tell you they don't have it and NVC will say the same because it wont show up in the computer at either agency. These facts were related to my husband by USCIS officers in two locations.

You can ask a U S politician to help you by finding yours on the web. They all have staff trained to placate the public so just send in the form they require and wait for them to contact you. They will contact USCIS and get back to you telling you what you already know. This will also take about 30 days.

Unboggle your mind and try to accept that they are always way behind with respect to these touches for example. My case never showed a single one during the 408 days. I have seen may cases here on V J where the same thing happened.

My own case took 408 days. These things I have told you come from that experience.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.