Azontodance

DID A CALL TO NVC AND GOT CASE # LG

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Friends,

Thanks in advance for reading this post, and thanks for the previous advices.

I made a call to NVC yesterday, and I was given two different case numbers for both my wife and child.

Question #1

How long would it take them to complete both case and schedule an interview?

Question #2

Can I request an Expedited service due to on going Bomb blast going on at my wife Location (Abuja Nigeria)

Would it make any difference in terms of the process speed time?

Timeline

Although, Priority date is March 24th, 2014. But, I'm also a USC and I have sent them email requesting upgrade. But I still wanna know about the expedited process

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Friends,

Thanks in advance for reading this post, and thanks for the previous advices.

I made a call to NVC yesterday, and I was given two different case numbers for both my wife and child.

Question #1

How long would it take them to complete both case and schedule an interview?

Question #2

Can I request an Expedited service due to on going Bomb blast going on at my wife Location (Abuja Nigeria)

Would it make any difference in terms of the process speed time?

The expedite is highly unlikely because the interview is in Lagos and they can always relocate their where its safer. seeing that the city isn't under siege. But it doesn't hurt to request all they can say s no.

How long well you have about a few days to a week before AOS comes and other stuff and paying Click on the NVC Process wiki in my signature. Once you send the packages AOS and IV its about 30 business days to review . So best case you are looking at end of June Case Complete and either a August or September interview.

Also how long depends on do you have everything ready now to send in?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

The expedite is highly unlikely because the interview is in Lagos and they can always relocate their where its safer. seeing that the city isn't under siege. But it doesn't hurt to request all they can say s no.

How long well you have about a few days to a week before AOS comes and other stuff and paying Click on the NVC Process wiki in my signature. Once you send the packages AOS and IV its about 30 business days to review . So best case you are looking at end of June Case Complete and either a August or September interview.

Also how long depends on do you have everything ready now to send in?

Thank you for your reply. I clicked on the link and I saw some very important details. U really break it down one by one, hat off for you man. I just printed my tax transcript now and that will be the only document I have ready except for the pictures of my wedding, naming ceremony and adventures. Other than those, I have nothing else. Any recommendation?

However, my prevous year income is very low to sponsor two relative, but my current year is tripple. Would they just make use of my current pay stub rather than deeping into my past years which would not qualify.

Timeline

Thank you for your reply. I clicked on the link and I saw some very important details. U really break it down one by one, hat off for you man. I just printed my tax transcript now and that will be the only document I have ready except for the pictures of my wedding, naming ceremony and adventures. Other than those, I have nothing else. Any recommendation?

However, my prevous year income is very low to sponsor two relative, but my current year is tripple. Would they just make use of my current pay stub rather than deeping into my past years which would not qualify.

Oh all credit goes to our Dear Saylin who does the NVC Filers thread.

We;; Lagos likes to see previous and current past guideline but if tripple you may be okay. But keep in mind a co-sponsor just in case.

As far as other documents your spouse can start gathering all the documents you need for IV package now. now is the time to get the police report.

All the stuff you mention just have your spouse bring to interview.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Oh all credit goes to our Dear Saylin who does the NVC Filers thread.

We;; Lagos likes to see previous and current past guideline but if tripple you may be okay. But keep in mind a co-sponsor just in case.

As far as other documents your spouse can start gathering all the documents you need for IV package now. now is the time to get the police report.

All the stuff you mention just have your spouse bring to interview.

Thank you. I will tell her to get her police report done asap. I'm sure my 7months old baby does not need a police report. Also, I would prefer the interview ddone in Abuja due to the high stress of running around in lagos. I wouldn't wanna stress my little baby more due to her health. She's not too strong now due to baby adenoid. Also, can they go for a medical exam now or we have to wait for the direction to do so at a certain hospital?

Timeline

Thank you. I will tell her to get her police report done asap. I'm sure my 7months old baby does not need a police report. Also, I would prefer the interview ddone in Abuja due to the high stress of running around in lagos. I wouldn't wanna stress my little baby more due to her health. She's not too strong now due to baby adenoid. Also, can they go for a medical exam now or we have to wait for the direction to do so at a certain hospital?

You do not have the option of Abuja. Interviews of your type are never done there. Only Lagos sorry.

Also no you can't do medical now. Not until you actually get interview date and then receive the Interview letter can you go to the medical and take the letter with you. Click on the portal tab at top of page and than Consular information and scrolled through to bottom about medical. there are two places to choose from in Lagos. Its only Lagos you can also do medical.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

You do not have the option of Abuja. Interviews of your type are never done there. Only Lagos sorry.

Also no you can't do medical now. Not until you actually get interview date and then receive the Interview letter can you go to the medical and take the letter with you. Click on the portal tab at top of page and than Consular information and scrolled through to bottom about medical. there are two places to choose from in Lagos. Its only Lagos you can also do medical.

Thanks. I will try to see if she can get her Police report done in Abuja

Timeline

Thanks. I will try to see if she can get her Police report done in Abuja

Yes you can get police report from any police station in Nigeria. It may take about a week to receive so now is a good time since you got case#.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Yes you can get police report from any police station in Nigeria. It may take about a week to receive so now is a good time since you got case#.

Does she need the case# for the Police Report? does she have to tell them the purpose of the Police report?

Timeline

Does she need the case# for the Police Report? does she have to tell them the purpose of the Police report?

No she doesn't need to give them case#. When they ask purpose say for Visa purposes. That's it. No more needs to be said.

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

Got my case number too on May 23rd from NVC thru a phone call, our timeline on NVC stage is almost the same. Good job @Dwheels76!!!! You are a good Nigeria citizen, always helping out. Wish I can have a real life VJ friend.

Timeline

Got my case number too on May 23rd from NVC thru a phone call, our timeline on NVC stage is almost the same. Good job @Dwheels76!!!! You are a good Nigeria citizen, always helping out. Wish I can have a real life VJ friend.

YEah, I feel the same way!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.