payxibka

The Kyiv Beat......

787 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There appear to me enough of us around that it might be good to have a thread where we can share our experiences with this beautiful country called Ukraine and the Kyiv Consulate....

YMMV

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

Does anyone know what the Kyiv consulate expects when it comes to police certificates that are available but are only available if you travel to the country in question? I e-mailed the consulate and they told me that they cannot advise anything as it relates to PC's. My finacee attended University in another country. PC's are not available locally or through the country's embassy in Ukraine. I will send her on a "road trip" if need be, but of course do not want to if it is not needed. Anybody have similiar situation?

YMMV

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey Guys, I was reviewing my Translations that I returned with last Friday, and noted that they do not have the exact wording on them that the USCIS recommends regarding the translator's English abilities. They just have the statement that they are true and correct translations from the Ukrainian Language into English, with the translators name, and the certifications.

Is this going to be an issue when submitted? Or, should I have my fiancee go back out and get the exact wording that the USCIS has on their website?

Thanks in advance

IR-5

11/01/2011: I-130 Submitted

11/04/2012: I-130 NOA1

04/19/2012: I-130 NOA2

05/04/2012: NVC Received

05/27/2012: Received I-864/DS 3032 Package

05/28/2012: Pay I-864 Bill

05/29/2012: Submit DS 3032/I-864

06/05/2012: Receive IV Bill online

06/05/2012: IV Bill Paid

06/06/2012: Payment Accepted

06/07/2012: IV Packet Mailed (Additional documents sent next day on 06/08/2012)

08/28/2012: Interview

Timeline
Hey Guys, I was reviewing my Translations that I returned with last Friday, and noted that they do not have the exact wording on them that the USCIS recommends regarding the translator's English abilities. They just have the statement that they are true and correct translations from the Ukrainian Language into English, with the translators name, and the certifications.

Is this going to be an issue when submitted? Or, should I have my fiancee go back out and get the exact wording that the USCIS has on their website?

Thanks in advance

e,

I will tell you in about two weeks when my petition is approved :) Actually I think you are going to be fine as my translations were similarly signed with certifications stamps all over the place.

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Timeline

Thanks Bro,

Appreciate the quick response. I am still straightening the Divorce Certificate mess out, but should have it fixed by weeks end.

Also, I know that they are saying that we need to send to Nebraska, but since September I believe everything goes to CSC. Come April, do you think I could just send it straight to CSC rather than NSC? I would imagine I will have to use the new form when it is available (That sucks as now I have to re-do it & print her information in cyrillic) and that form will have it switched to CSC.

E.

IR-5

Timeline
Thanks Bro,

Appreciate the quick response. I am still straightening the Divorce Certificate mess out, but should have it fixed by weeks end.

Also, I know that they are saying that we need to send to Nebraska, but since September I believe everything goes to CSC. Come April, do you think I could just send it straight to CSC rather than NSC? I would imagine I will have to use the new form when it is available (That sucks as now I have to re-do it & print her information in cyrillic) and that form will have it switched to CSC.

E.

I really do not expect it to change anytime soon but who really knows. Be interesting to see if they changed the instructions for filing locations on the new form when they finally publish it for good. I had the dang thing on my browser but did not save off.

YMMV

Timeline

So as I understand it the new form is supposed to be ready by the end of the week?

Thanks Bro,

E.

I really do not expect it to change anytime soon but who really knows. Be interesting to see if they changed the instructions for filing locations on the new form when they finally publish it for good. I had the dang thing on my browser but did not save off.

IR-5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi guys, i'm also awaiting my Ukrainian fiancee's visa to be approved. Fwaguy, it looks like you're right in front of me judging by the dates we sent our petitions. I don't think mine's been touched though. I check the uscis.gov site regularly and there's no new information.

My fiancee, Julia, is currently on assignment as an Au Pair in Austria. She already has all of the documentation ready for the embassy interview, aside from a few things i need to send. I'm thinking that she shouldn't wait more than 2 weeks to return home once the petition has been approved, though i believe i read it takes about a month before the Embassy contacts her to request the documentation.

BTW, how do i add my timeline to my signature? Do i just have to type it in manually?

Edited by Hazah

Timeline
Hi guys, i'm also awaiting my Ukrainian fiancee's visa to be approved. Fwaguy, it looks like you're right in front of me judging by the dates we sent our petitions. I don't think mine's been touched though. I check the uscis.gov site regularly and there's no new information.

My fiancee, Julia, is currently on assignment as an Au Pair in Austria. She already has all of the documentation ready for the embassy interview, aside from a few things i need to send. I'm thinking that she shouldn't wait more than 2 weeks to return home once the petition has been approved, though i believe i read it takes about a month before the Embassy contacts her to request the documentation.

BTW, how do i add my timeline to my signature? Do i just have to type it in manually?

Yes you edit into your signature

If you have not already, d/l P3 and P4 from the website. As soon as you have notification of the KEV # from USCIS you can pre-prepare all the docs. As soon as Kyiv has the file from NVC then send in you P3 stuff (you do not have to wait for them to send it out)

YMMV

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Any word from USCIS? I wish February would hurry up and get to the end! My fiancee isn't optimistic about the interview because she has heard of so many people getting rejected in Kyiv without even an explanation of why. I keep telling her that they have to tell her what the problem is, and that most people do get the visa from what i read on this site. I wish she could read some of the things on here but the little girl she's taking care of won't let her use the internet. It's times like these that make being so far away so hard.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Congrats on your approval!! I was with my fiance' (now wife) at the time of the interview - it wasn't as bad as WE think, but so many times THEY are used to bribery to get things accomplished - not very democratic. Assuring them it's all on the up and up may settle their nerves. The questions are pretty straightforward, they are just trying to make sure it is a bonafide relationship. The actual maze at the Embassy can rattle most people, knowing where to go, all the other people in line, the two people at a time etc. is intimidating. For those of you still waiting for the interview, and it's not easy to do, is try to get them to relax, be prepared and be honest. Easier said than done, however.

Our K1 Timeline

01/31/2005 send I129F to NSC

02/2 NOA1

04/01/2005 NOA2 Received via email

04/19/2005 NVC Issued Case #

05/21/2005 Received Packet 4 (never got Packet 3)

06/06/2005 Interview scheduled

06/09/2005 Obtained Visa's

07/09/2005 Wedding Day

AOS

06/29/2005 Filed for SS Card

12/31/2005 Filed for AOS/AP

1/11/2006 NOA1 AOS/AP

2/15/2006 Biometrics

10/17/2006 - AOS Approved!!

11/30/2006 - Houston we have Green Cards

08/24/2008 - Filed I-600 for Daughters Citizenship via Adoption

02/25/09 - Rcvd Removal of Conditions for wife

Citizenship

4/28/2010 - Daughter became "Naturalized Citizen" since I adopted her

4/9/2012 - Filed N-400 for wife

8/23/2012 - Interview Appt!

Mike and Iryna3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif

Timeline
Congrats on your approval!! I was with my fiance' (now wife) at the time of the interview - it wasn't as bad as WE think, but so many times THEY are used to bribery to get things accomplished - not very democratic. Assuring them it's all on the up and up may settle their nerves. The questions are pretty straightforward, they are just trying to make sure it is a bonafide relationship. The actual maze at the Embassy can rattle most people, knowing where to go, all the other people in line, the two people at a time etc. is intimidating. For those of you still waiting for the interview, and it's not easy to do, is try to get them to relax, be prepared and be honest. Easier said than done, however.

Ah, someone that's actually dealt with the embassy in Kyiv! I hope her interview goes as well as ya'lls did. She's been there twice for rejected tourist visas and she was really worried. But when the petition was approved with no problems and ahead of schedule, it seemed to boost her confidence. She says the US Embassy is a very cold and uncomfortable place compared to the ones for Austria and Germany. Did your fiancee offer any horror stories about it? Julia says the people there are pretty rude and they try to rush everyone along and are hatefull. Did you go with her to the interview? I was told by an immigration legal assistant that it'd be better for me not to go because she needs to show she's able to do it uncoached. We're guessing that it's going to take about a month between the time she hears from the Embassy requesting those documents until the actual interview is scheduled.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well there are two areas inside the Consulate people go for Visas. The first area inside the double set of glass doors is the general visa area for tourist visas etc. It's also where you pick up your FedEx waybill, should you decide to pick it up the same day, etc. These people tend to be short fused because of the sheer # of people that are there at any time (25-35 when I was there).

Down the hall, take a left and proceed to the end is the K Visa area. When we were there, there were 4 other people as well. Even if you go with your fiance', they don't call you up together, she goes first (and foremost) and if you are there, they may ask you some questions. I thought the people to be very professional, but not rude at all. You check in at the main window, they verify your papers, appt. do you have photos etc. then you sit & wait until your name is called. You then proceed to one of two windows where they are on one side of the glass and the fiance' on the other. They look thru the papers, ask questions and just try to validate it is a true and bonafide relationship.

Due to some paperwork glitch, we had to go back to the Embassy a couple of times, but I thought the people we dealt with were great.

Our K1 Timeline

01/31/2005 send I129F to NSC

02/2 NOA1

04/01/2005 NOA2 Received via email

04/19/2005 NVC Issued Case #

05/21/2005 Received Packet 4 (never got Packet 3)

06/06/2005 Interview scheduled

06/09/2005 Obtained Visa's

07/09/2005 Wedding Day

AOS

06/29/2005 Filed for SS Card

12/31/2005 Filed for AOS/AP

1/11/2006 NOA1 AOS/AP

2/15/2006 Biometrics

10/17/2006 - AOS Approved!!

11/30/2006 - Houston we have Green Cards

08/24/2008 - Filed I-600 for Daughters Citizenship via Adoption

02/25/09 - Rcvd Removal of Conditions for wife

Citizenship

4/28/2010 - Daughter became "Naturalized Citizen" since I adopted her

4/9/2012 - Filed N-400 for wife

8/23/2012 - Interview Appt!

Mike and Iryna3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif

Timeline

Did they really want originals as well as copies of the financial and important documents? I'm reluctant to send anything original because if it gets lost we're out of luck. The CSC accepted all copies from me, even of signatured forms.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.