4uvak

What is the last day to send DS260 for DV-2015?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi, I have been selected for further processing in the DV-2015. My number is EU00030XXX. As I understand I can expect an interview in May 2015. We have planned to get married in 2015. Reading other posts on this forum I can see that the best option for us would be to get married before supplying the DS260. My question is: what is the latest date can we send our DS260 form? And if we send it later, will it affect the decision or interview date? As we need to organise our wedding now, it will take some time. There is no way to get married before 19 May 2014. Thanks to everybody.

Filed: Timeline

Thanks, Susie. Do you know what is the deadline for the DC260 submission? Is it 30 September 2014? I just want to have some room in case we need to shift the wedding date. From your previous answer I am taking that getting married in August-September 2014 will not jeopardise our chances of been interviewed and the interview date will be still approximately in May 2015. Is that correct?

Thanks, Susie. Do you know what is the deadline for the DC260 submission? Is it 30 September 2014? I just want to have some room in case we need to shift the wedding date. From your previous answer I am taking that getting married in August-September 2014 will not jeopardise our chances of been interviewed and the interview date will be still approximately in May 2015. Is that correct?

There is no deadline, other than having enough time for KCC to process it before either the fiscal year ends or visas run out (which if it happens would almost certainly be in Sept anyway). Even if you "miss" your interview month and only send in your form after you are current, they will just schedule you into the next round once your forms have been processed.

With an estimated May interview date, as long as your forms are in by February you will probably be fine, to be ultra sure if they are in by Jan they should certainly have more than enough time to process them and schedule. Usual processing times are around a month but at peak return times they can take 2 months (this is usually around the time that the bulk of DV forms are sent back ie May-Jul/Aug) and then another approx 2 months lead to the interview schedule. (I suspect that with forms now electronically submitted the processing time will be cut, imagine the time actually involved in sifting through multiple tens of thousands of envelopes, moving them from reception to the correct desks internally, slitting them open, piling the pages into the correct trays etc...)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.