coolchicn

Getting ready for AOS interview

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I do not have a date yet but going by other people's timelines it should be coming anytime now. We have been married about 10 months now and am starting to think that the interviewer might need more evidence than we have?

Right now we have; joint account, joint car insurance, joint bills, sam's club membership cards. The lease is only in my name because of my husband's terrible credit; he could not be added even as just an occupant. This is what am most worried about. Will it be a problem? How do we explain that?

I would appreciate any suggestions of what can we add as evidence. From what I have read this might be enough at the AOS stage but at the same time I do not want to have too little.

Also, how necessary is a lawyer for the interview?

Thanks in advance!

11/01/13- Mailed AOS Package
11/03/13- USPS update- Package delivered
11/08/13- Texts received for acceptance of all 3 forms
11/13/13- Received NOAs for I-485 and I-765. No I-130?
11/18/13- Biometrics Appointment letter received
11/19/13- Successful biometrics walk in
11/27/13-Received RFE
12/16/13- Sent requested evidence
01/08/14- Case status changed to Testing and Interview
01/16/14-EAD received!

06/12/14- Interview. Approved on spot!

Most of the evidence you have is considered primary evidence so I wouldn't be worried about it.

Since you have joint bills coming to the same address, that shows you share a residence. As well, your husband could apply for a state ID and that will also show that both your IDs have the same address too.

I'm assuming your local office is in Atlanta like mine since you're in Georgia? Which is one of the slower offices, some people have been waiting 4 months+ for their interview date (boo!!) so not to be discouraging but you will have extra time to build up your evidence in that aspect as well, including secondary evidence.

AOS:

Green Card Received in 168 Days

ROC

06/17/2016: ROC Mailed via USPS Express in Large Flate-Rate Box to Vermont Service Center (P.O. Box)

06/18/2016: ROC Delivered by USPS

06/22/2016: Check Cashed

06/24/2016: NOA1 Received Dated 06/20/2016

07/09/2016: ASC Appointment Notice Received Dated 07/02/2016 & Scheduled 07/21/2016

07/21/2016: Biometrics Successfully Completed (Birmingham)

05/18/2017: InfoPass Appointment - 1-Year Extension Stamp Received

06/06/2017: ROC Approval Letter Received Dated 05/30/2017

06/14/2017: Green Card Delivered!

Most of the evidence you have is considered primary evidence so I wouldn't be worried about it.

Since you have joint bills coming to the same address, that shows you share a residence. As well, your husband could apply for a state ID and that will also show that both your IDs have the same address too.

I'm assuming your local office is in Atlanta like mine since you're in Georgia? Which is one of the slower offices, some people have been waiting 4 months+ for their interview date (boo!!) so not to be discouraging but you will have extra time to build up your evidence in that aspect as well, including secondary evidence.

Thanks for the quick response! Oh yes we both have our IDs showing the same address as well.

And yes I am with the Atlanta office and I have been waiting 5 months now. Looks like things are moving along now as they are working on October cases so we should have ours coming up soon.

11/01/13- Mailed AOS Package
11/03/13- USPS update- Package delivered
11/08/13- Texts received for acceptance of all 3 forms
11/13/13- Received NOAs for I-485 and I-765. No I-130?
11/18/13- Biometrics Appointment letter received
11/19/13- Successful biometrics walk in
11/27/13-Received RFE
12/16/13- Sent requested evidence
01/08/14- Case status changed to Testing and Interview
01/16/14-EAD received!

06/12/14- Interview. Approved on spot!

Ah sorry, didn't look at your timeline! Hopefully you get yours soon! I'll probably be in Oregon before my interview will even be close to scheduled at the Atlanta office.

AOS:

Green Card Received in 168 Days

ROC

06/17/2016: ROC Mailed via USPS Express in Large Flate-Rate Box to Vermont Service Center (P.O. Box)

06/18/2016: ROC Delivered by USPS

06/22/2016: Check Cashed

06/24/2016: NOA1 Received Dated 06/20/2016

07/09/2016: ASC Appointment Notice Received Dated 07/02/2016 & Scheduled 07/21/2016

07/21/2016: Biometrics Successfully Completed (Birmingham)

05/18/2017: InfoPass Appointment - 1-Year Extension Stamp Received

06/06/2017: ROC Approval Letter Received Dated 05/30/2017

06/14/2017: Green Card Delivered!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.