Meghan&Andrey

Police Certificates

25 posts in this topic

wont let me update post.,wanted to add that from noa2 to sending police certificatr and other iv package stuff its taking at least 2 months if you are filling without lawyer (since the ds-261 delays iv fee which then delays package )

my i130 took 6+ months. not sure how they are doing now but i doubt its better since it hasnt been that long.

so i reiterate.,plan all you want... but dont get pc yet. , you will end up having to get amother one bcz it will be too old

Always double check your documents and forms. Not only do you get delayed by RFEs and Checklists, but the time it takes for them to review the new items you send could be used to approve more applications. Save yourself and others valuable time!

Current Status: NVC:
-Assigned and Received NVC Case Number, IIN, and BIN April 18, 2014. (100% sure case # was assigned today because I called twice and it wasn't assigned in the morning when they opened but in the afternoon it was)
*Could not provide email then as case was still being updated in their system
-On April 21, 2014 I was able to provide my email and beneficiary's.
-On April 28 I was able to fill out DS-261
-On April 29 I received and paid AOS Fee (at 1pm)
-On May 1 I received and paid IV Fee (at 1pm [became available]), also AOS Fee shows as PAID
-On May 5 IV Fee shows as PAID and DS-260 became available and was completed. Also, AOS Package Scanned by NVC

-On May 7 IV Package Scanned by NVC

-On May 28 AOS Accepted

-On June 2 IV Accepted/Case Complete

-On June 11 Interview Email Received

-On July 3 Interview at Moscow

Note: Medical Exam scheduled after interview letter received by calling the specific clinic, earliest appointment was 2 weeks ahead)

-Visa approved, came to us, got greencard, sadly things didnt go well and divorced. Last I hears she was still in the US and got a full greencard (I notified USCIS of divorce though)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

yeah I just got you a link to gosuslugi from google. the wife was the one who requested it online so I bet you its only in the russian language section. search around gosuslugi and if you still cant find it ill ask her to give me instructions to you

ps: abhkasia is recognized by us govt as part of georgia isnt it?

this should be interesting.

btw I wanna go there next time. last time couldnt cause of needed a special visa which took like a week so coudlnt wait in sochi for it that long. sochis cool though but they need sand. i got sort of a splinter on my foot (small rock stabbed in to foot) in the beach

Yes, Abkhazia isnt recognized by the US as being its own independent region. Still part of Georgia in their eyes. So we were panicking about putting that. He has the documents to his home but thats the extent of his ties to Abkhazia. He cant legally fully own it until hes a citizen. He hasnt applied for Abkhazian citizenship & won't. But after youve lived there for 10 years, you become one. He's been there for eight. We won't get the police cerificate now. Just have to know what we'll have to do to get. I'm honestly terrified of getting an RFE or even a denial because of the address situation. Plan B is me moving to Abkhazia/Russia to be with him. My family would die.

I was amazed that their beaches are rock! I've never seen that. I'm not sure I would like that!

Sorry for the typos..I'm on my phone :/

Edited by Meghan&Andrey
04/23/2014- Mailed I-129F petition

04/24/2014- Arrived at Dallas lockbox

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

05/01/2014- Received NOA1 hardcopy, Alien Registration # changed

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

09/22/2014- Received electronic NOA2 dated 9/19/2014

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

12/17/2014- Interview: APPROVED

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

04/06/2015- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1 for all three

04/13/2015- Received NOA1 hardcopies for all three dated 4/3/2015
04/18/2015- Received NOA for biometrics appointment dated 4/10/2015

04/28/2015- Biometrics appointment in Houston

Timeline

I'm not a 'certified' translator but i translated all our documents and it was totally fine for everyone. You just have to state in the bottom that you are hereby declaring that you're fluent in both languages and capable of translating the documents, put your signature, date and telephone/address. Noone cares if it's the beneficiary or petitioner doing this.

It appears the file didn't get attached so just check this link then.

Thank you! I'll get that link over to my fiance to look at (:

04/29/2014- Personal Check cashed, electronic NOA1: routed to Texas Service Center

08/08/2014- Text & email saying we were transferred to another center (from TSC to CSC)

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

03/26/2015- Mailed off Adjustment of Status, Employment Authorization Document & Advanced Parole

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not a 'certified' translator but i translated all our documents and it was totally fine for everyone. You just have to state in the bottom that you are hereby declaring that you're fluent in both languages and capable of translating the documents, put your signature, date and telephone/address. Noone cares if it's the beneficiary or petitioner doing this.

It appears the file didn't get attached so just check this link then.

Neither was my former fiance. Nobody needs to be certified for that. She in the past had translated many documents for friends as a favor and professionally for a fee. And while we did not find any flat prohibition against her doing that for her own documents, we still did not think it was a good idea, as it might raise eyebrows that should not be raised. So she went to a colleague who did it for her as a professional courtesy.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

And while we did not find any flat prohibition against her doing that for her own documents, we still did not think it was a good idea, as it might raise eyebrows that should not be raised.

After many posts on VJ on that subject and my own experience i think it's safe to say: nobody cares.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you! I'll get that link over to my fiance to look at (:

You're welcome. :)

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Yes, Abkhazia isnt recognized by the US as being its own independent region. Still part of Georgia in their eyes. So we were panicking about putting that. He has the documents to his home but thats the extent of his ties to Abkhazia. He cant legally fully own it until hes a citizen. He hasnt applied for Abkhazian citizenship & won't. But after youve lived there for 10 years, you become one. He's been there for eight. We won't get the police cerificate now. Just have to know what we'll have to do to get. I'm honestly terrified of getting an RFE or even a denial because of the address situation. Plan B is me moving to Abkhazia/Russia to be with him. My family would die.

I was amazed that their beaches are rock! I've never seen that. I'm not sure I would like that!

Sorry for the typos..I'm on my phone :/

Okay so I asked the wife about Police Certificate in gosuslugi and she said that first of all, the russian resident/citizen must register on gosuslugi online, and about 30 days later they will mail (like letter mail, not email) you the username and login information.

Once you get that you can do tons of things through gosuslugi including applying for international passport, renewals of documents, and among the list it clearly will say Police Clearance Certificate, СПРАВКА.

As for your ordeal with Abkhazia and whatnot, I want to suggest something, just a suggestion in good faith.

If you tell the truth or try your best, you may get delayed, infact at this point probably will, for the whole complicated situation, but you won't get outright denied especially if you come out and send corrections and try to get Infopass with immigration and explain. What you have done is not something for grounds of denial, she isn't a criminal and while Abkhazia is georgia in US eyes the worst case scenario I could see is if she somehow was forced to go to Georgia Embassy but you can prove she's working in Sochi and still have her go to Moscow. You have another chance at this probably when you send paperwork to NVC if you dont want to correct other paperwork at i130 and still be ok in my opinion. To be honest, the only way you could potentially be denied is if you lie, and widthholding information is lying in their eyes. So I'd rather go the slow way and do your best to make the situation honest and risk delays versus risking denials. Regardless don't be scared, just don't lie if this comes up, especially in interview and answer as truthfully as possible and if you think at any point that any form you filled there is a mistake then correct it and risk the delay versus future trobles.

Just my opinion, oh and dont go outright and get a lawyer, based on most reviews here unless you get someone topnotch, they will probably take your money and be of little help.

PS: just remembered that I dont think you will be able to get a police certificate to a place unless you have been registered there and by the looks you will probably need one from Abkhazia but at least they can go to police station there and see what's up

Edited by Snipe

Always double check your documents and forms. Not only do you get delayed by RFEs and Checklists, but the time it takes for them to review the new items you send could be used to approve more applications. Save yourself and others valuable time!

-Assigned and Received NVC Case Number, IIN, and BIN April 18, 2014. (100% sure case # was assigned today because I called twice and it wasn't assigned in the morning when they opened but in the afternoon it was)
-On May 1 I received and paid IV Fee (at 1pm [became available]), also AOS Fee shows as PAID
-On May 5 IV Fee shows as PAID and DS-260 became available and was completed. Also, AOS Package Scanned by NVC

-On May 28 AOS Accepted

Note: Medical Exam scheduled after interview letter received by calling the specific clinic, earliest appointment was 2 weeks ahead)

-Visa approved, came to us, got greencard, sadly things didnt go well and divorced. Last I hears she was still in the US and got a full greencard (I notified USCIS of divorce though)

Timeline

Okay so I asked the wife about Police Certificate in gosuslugi and she said that first of all, the russian resident/citizen must register on gosuslugi online, and about 30 days later they will mail (like letter mail, not email) you the username and login information.

Once you get that you can do tons of things through gosuslugi including applying for international passport, renewals of documents, and among the list it clearly will say Police Clearance Certificate, СПРАВКА.

As for your ordeal with Abkhazia and whatnot, I want to suggest something, just a suggestion in good faith.

If you tell the truth or try your best, you may get delayed, infact at this point probably will, for the whole complicated situation, but you won't get outright denied especially if you come out and send corrections and try to get Infopass with immigration and explain. What you have done is not something for grounds of denial, she isn't a criminal and while Abkhazia is georgia in US eyes the worst case scenario I could see is if she somehow was forced to go to Georgia Embassy but you can prove she's working in Sochi and still have her go to Moscow. You have another chance at this probably when you send paperwork to NVC if you dont want to correct other paperwork at i130 and still be ok in my opinion. To be honest, the only way you could potentially be denied is if you lie, and widthholding information is lying in their eyes. So I'd rather go the slow way and do your best to make the situation honest and risk delays versus risking denials. Regardless don't be scared, just don't lie if this comes up, especially in interview and answer as truthfully as possible and if you think at any point that any form you filled there is a mistake then correct it and risk the delay versus future trobles.

Just my opinion, oh and dont go outright and get a lawyer, based on most reviews here unless you get someone topnotch, they will probably take your money and be of little help.

PS: just remembered that I dont think you will be able to get a police certificate to a place unless you have been registered there and by the looks you will probably need one from Abkhazia but at least they can go to police station there and see what's up

But we didn't actually lie. I mean, yes, he lives in Abkhazia. But he has a flat in Izhevsk, his registration is in Izhevsk, his family is in Izhevsk & he vists every winter..if they send us an RFE for it, I will correct it. He says there are many Russians who have registration elsewhere but have worked in Sochi for years for the Olympics. So its not an uncommon situation, apparently. I don't know. If they ask in the interview, I'm leaving that up to him. We obviously don't want to lie. But we're not really lying. We're only giving them the information they specifically ask for. We gave the address listed in his passport that he only got back in November.

Thank you for the information on the certificates. I will get him to do that ASAP!

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

fair enough and I doubt that uscis has access to russian registration anyway.

anyway i suggest filling out affidavit of support and a ds-260 template form (find in forums) to have ready to just print or update when you are ready for it. as you file it you can alsp get documents related to it like tax transcripts that dont expire and when you come to listing every address they have lived since 16 for more than 6 months incluiding hostels for university. you can beging to plan what you'll put.

good luck with everythijg!

-On May 28 AOS Accepted

Timeline

fair enough and I doubt that uscis has access to russian registration anyway.

anyway i suggest filling out affidavit of support and a ds-260 template form (find in forums) to have ready to just print or update when you are ready for it. as you file it you can alsp get documents related to it like tax transcripts that dont expire and when you come to listing every address they have lived since 16 for more than 6 months incluiding hostels for university. you can beging to plan what you'll put.

good luck with everythijg!

Thank you very much! You've given me a lot of very helpful information. I appreciate it! (:

12/16/2014- Medical Exam

01/17/2015- POE-Houston

03/07/2015- Got married!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.