one...two...tree

Top Figures in Conservative Movement Spreading Crazy Lie That Faith in God Ended Slavery

61 posts in this topic

Slavery would have ended on its own with the dawn of industrialization. Slavery was cradle to grave. With industrialization, you only paid for productive employees, which is a much more economically sound strategy than housing, clothing, feeding, and seeing to the medical needs of unproductive workers.

Oh, of course, because slaves were notoriously well looked after and cost loads of money to use, that's why they used slaves rather than well, paid workers isn't it?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The fanatical right in the US has a problem

Sure, and the radical left doesn't have any problems, right? They just love you and only have your best interest in mind.

Look, I have lived in this country all of my life. I'm going to set this straight for you, whether you want to listen or not. The establishment of both big tent parties, do not have your best interest in mind. They have THEIR best interest in mind.

So, stop being played like a fiddle and learn who is your friend and who is not.

The real truth is that both parties are filled with dishonest crooks, and the few that are not, are not exclusively Democrats. There are actually more honest politicians in the GOP, although they are really libertarians, than in the Democratic party.

Filed: Timeline

Sure, and the radical left doesn't have any problems, right? They just love you and only have your best interest in mind.

Look, I have lived in this country all of my life. I'm going to set this straight for you, whether you want to listen or not. The establishment of both big tent parties, do not have your best interest in mind. They have THEIR best interest in mind.

So, stop being played like a fiddle and learn who is your friend and who is not.

The real truth is that both parties are filled with dishonest crooks, and the few that are not, are not exclusively Democrats. There are actually more honest politicians in the GOP, although they are really libertarians, than in the Democratic party.

A sensible post indeed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Slavery would have ended on its own with the dawn of industrialization. Slavery was cradle to grave. With industrialization, you only paid for productive employees, which is a much more economically sound strategy than housing, clothing, feeding, and seeing to the medical needs of unproductive workers.

Slavery ended in (nearly) every country in the world yet we are the only one to use a war to bring it about.

Secession would have ended the Fugitive Slave act, meaning with no threat of slaves being returned that would have caused a huge problem for the South as well.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

My definition of an HONEST POLITICIAN is one who takes the money and delivers the goods as promised........

unless the Cowboy militia screws it up.

:rofl:

William Penn

Man, you're chugging that kool aid down like no other. By the gallon. Congratulations! :rofl:

republicans-drink-the-kool-aid.jpg

Timeline

Man, you're chugging that kool aid down like no other. By the gallon. Congratulations! :rofl:

republicans-drink-the-kool-aid.jpg

That's a very objective argument. No surprise. You can't tell me why you think I am wrong and you have no real reply. I am waiting for you to do better, but I don't expect it.

Baiting is the true name of the game for sock puppets. Have fun for the short time it lasts. I don't favor any US political party but I do know for sure that libertarians are not the answer to anything at all.

I have no problems with the immigration system by the way, I played by the rules as they are and it's working out well for us but thanks for your concern all the same :thumbs:

How do you know that, for sure?

That's a very objective argument. No surprise. You can't tell me why you think I am wrong and you have no real reply. I am waiting for you to do better, but I don't expect it.

How do you know that, for sure?

How do I know what for sure? That libertarians are a waste of space politically? Common sense.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

A sensible post indeed.

Thank you, sir, for being a sensible person. Apparently you are more familiar with the American political system than most of the MY TEAM vs YOUR TEAM cheer leaders here.

How do I know what for sure? That libertarians are a waste of space politically? Common sense.

You just said nothing. I want examples. Why are libertarians wrong? Do you even know? I think that you don't.

Timeline

Well, I see, as expected that our resident Team cheer leaders don't have any answer to my challenges.

Look, if you care anything about immigration, then you need to learn who your friends are, or not. I can't do anything here to help, apparently.

There are exactly 57 card-carrying members of the Communist Party in the Department of Defense at this time!

image.jpg

Slavery ended because 600,000+ Americans died.

It's that simple.

It was "Christians" who enslaved well...the world in the name of God. One of the first slave ships was named Jesus. When slaves were singing about Jesus they weren't singing about some blue eyed blonde feller hanging on a cross. Just a FYI for those who don't know.

It's that simple.

It was "Christians" who enslaved well...the world in the name of God. One of the first slave ships was named Jesus. When slaves were singing about Jesus they weren't singing about some blue eyed blonde feller hanging on a cross. Just a FYI for those who don't know.

I honestly think nobody fought in the South to preserve slavery, and even fewer fought for the North to abolish it, at least at first. The Emancipation Proclamation only "Freed" slaves in the seceding states, not in those states that remained in the Union. After almost two years, the war was going badly for the North, who was forced to conscript heavily in an unpopular war, often among newly arriving immigrants who didn't have a clue what was happening to them until they were marched into battle.

"That on the first day of January, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty-three, all persons held as slaves within any State or designated part of a State, the people whereof shall then be in rebellion against the United States, shall be then, thenceforward, and forever free,..."

As a result of the Civil War, however, you are correct, that because of promises made to the Negros in the latter part of the war, the Thirteenth Amendment was ratified and on December 6, 1865, slavery officially ended in the Union.

Edited by The Postmaster

Timeline

It's that simple.

In another 50 years when the Left has banned Meat, we will then hear all about how eating meat was a Christian practice spread far and wide.

Q: How would you know personally what Blacks were singing about?

*Notice how my friends on the Left always want to speak for and help out Black folks....... my my my, black folks sure would be lost without you.

William Penn

I honestly think nobody fought in the South to preserve slavery, and even fewer fought for the North to abolish it, at least at first. The Emancipation Proclamation only "Freed" slaves in the seceding states, not in those states that remained in the Union. After almost two years, the war was going badly for the North, who was forced to conscript heavily in an unpopular war, often among newly arriving immigrants who didn't have a clue what was happening to them until they were marched into battle.

As a result of the Civil War, however, you are correct, that because of promises made to the Negros in the latter part of the war, the Thirteenth Amendment was ratified and on December 6, 1865, slavery officially end in the Union.

The Civil war was mainly about slavery. Slavery was the economic lifeblood of the South, so much so it was for many worth dying to preserve.

To me there is no debate. Not sure where all this new revisionist history is coming from. I encourage folks to read news paper articles from that time and research what the climate in the nation was before the war started.

I'm not sure what the end game here is as to why folks on the right want to spread the lie that Christianity ended slavery or that faith in God had something to do with it. As a Christian myself, I think that is ludicrous. Christians have a bad history throughout the history of the world until colonization ended - not saying that they did not do some good things but their methods were hardly "Christian". They in fact used faith to not only enslave indigenous people around the world but also justify it with scripture.