corvusheart

How to know how much money to bring to Knightsbridge?

15 posts in this topic

Okay so for the standard exam it's 235 pounds but there is also extras and there is really no way to know if you will get them or not. And I also read you have to have the money ready up front. Well if you don't know how many extras you are getting or not how are you supposed to know how much money to bring?

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Okay so for the standard exam it's 235 pounds but there is also extras and there is really no way to know if you will get them or not. And I also read you have to have the money ready up front. Well if you don't know how many extras you are getting or not how are you supposed to know how much money to bring?

From the embassy website... "Fees are payable at the time of the medical examination. The fees are payable in cash or by credit card, Visa and MasterCard only, and debit card." So you don't need to bring a huge wad of cash with you just your card :P

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

From the embassy website... "Fees are payable at the time of the medical examination. The fees are payable in cash or by credit card, Visa and MasterCard only, and debit card." So you don't need to bring a huge wad of cash with you just your card :P

What if one only has so much money in their account?

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What if one only has so much money in their account?

One would need to get more money, or bring cash.

NOA1: October 15th 2013

Alien# Change: October 31st 2013

NOA2: February 28th 2014

NVC # Receive: March 26th 2014

Medical: April 3rd 2014

Interview: May 8th 2014

One would need to get more money, or bring cash.

Suggest how much.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Timeline

Suggest how much.

If you have the list of vaccines on the K1 guide here, you only need the 235. Each additional shot can range from 30-50 pounds I believe. My fiancee went in with the ones listed on that guide already taken care of and only had to pay the 235 pounds.

If you have the list of vaccines on the K1 guide here, you only need the 235. Each additional shot can range from 30-50 pounds I believe. My fiancee went in with the ones listed on that guide already taken care of and only had to pay the 235 pounds.

My fiance got all his shots from his GP. The shots are not what we are concerned about. http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/cons-visa/iv018a_medical.pdf

Page 6 it shows chest x-ray (6 month review), saliva test, drug test etc. When these all add up they dont equal 235? And they are listed as if they were mandatory. We are beyond lost.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Timeline

My fiance got all his shots from his GP. The shots are not what we are concerned about. http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/cons-visa/iv018a_medical.pdf

Page 6 it shows chest x-ray (6 month review), saliva test, drug test etc. When these all add up they dont equal 235? And they are listed as if they were mandatory. We are beyond lost.

My fiancee got her chest xray, drug test, saliva and all of that. It was included for her in the 235 pounds.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

As far as I'm aware you only need the drugs test etc if they think you might be using drugs based on your response to the questionnaire or police record. Otherwise it's just the base price plus any vaccinations you need.

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Timeline

Yes, sorry, Hotter Otter is right. We didn't get the drug test because they had no need to look for it considering she didn't answer yes to that on the questionaire

you say he got his shots from his GP, so normally there would only be the medical fee to pay, there is no saliva test unless it's changed from last year, the x ray is included, blood test is included.

Timeline

you say he got his shots from his GP, so normally there would only be the medical fee to pay, there is no saliva test unless it's changed from last year, the x ray is included, blood test is included.

No saliva test unless it's changed from two weeks ago ;)

I would suggest having his debit/credit card and taking the base fee for the medical (235 pounds) as well as some money just in case. It's never good imo to not have spare cash, especially in London. If he does need an extra shot, food, or there's a problem with his transport, he'd be lost without cash. Coming back from mine, we took the coach from Marble Arch, and it was about 20 minutes late and we were scared it wasn't going to turn up and we were gonna have to fork out 100 quid + for train fare to get home.

Also, everything you need is included in the medical unless he needs extra shots to make his vaccine record complete or they need to do drugs tests (which aren't normal, only if they suspect he is a drug user). I only planned for the base medical fee, but I still made sure I had plenty spare just in case.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

I would suggest having his debit/credit card and taking the base fee for the medical (235 pounds) as well as some money just in case. It's never good imo to not have spare cash, especially in London. If he does need an extra shot, food, or there's a problem with his transport, he'd be lost without cash. Coming back from mine, we took the coach from Marble Arch, and it was about 20 minutes late and we were scared it wasn't going to turn up and we were gonna have to fork out 100 quid + for train fare to get home.

Also, everything you need is included in the medical unless he needs extra shots to make his vaccine record complete or they need to do drugs tests (which aren't normal, only if they suspect he is a drug user). I only planned for the base medical fee, but I still made sure I had plenty spare just in case.

Were you charged with any extras?

Edited by corvusheart

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Were you charged with any extras?

Nope. X-ray, blood test etc is all included in the main price.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.