danver

Adoption Agencies Online- are they Legit?

7 posts in this topic

Hello y'all there, Greetings in God's precious name! Hope all is well.

Okay few days ago I posted about step parent adoption process but I still did not get any help or info that can help me in anyway.

Okay as much as w e don't wanna spend thousands of $$$ to hire an adoption lawyer.. I am positive I can do it myself .I just needed to know where and how to start the process with??

I was told by ppl from Dept. of Children and family services personnel that I have tot go to the court house and ask since they don't handle step parent adoption.

After a 3rd attempt to talk to someone from the court house which was not really a help at all since they said the same thing " get a private adoption lawyer".

Anyway,,, we talked to this lawyer ffirm who charges $500 for the adoption form and looking at around $4,000.00 per child.

I only need to get the forms and fill it out and file it myself at the court house in the county where I live.

Also I found this adoption agencies online that will give services and forms for $297.00.

My concerns are:

1. Are these adoption agencies u read online that offers services legitimate??/ I don't wanna waste my money and be a victim.. Has anyone tried? Thank u very much for ur info.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

DO NOT USE AN ON-LINE AGENCY.

What state do you live in?

In California, it is very simple to do. All the state courts have websites with "how to adopt your stepchild" instructions.

For example; http://www.scscourt.org/self_help/probate/adoption/stepparent_adoption.shtml

You can file yourself. It's not any harder than filing an immigration petition.

Edited by aaron2020

DO NOT USE AN ON-LINE AGENCY.

What state do you live in?

In California, it is very simple to do. All the state courts have websites with "how to adopt your stepchild" instructions.

For example; http://www.scscourt.org/self_help/probate/adoption/stepparent_adoption.shtml

You can file yourself. It's not any harder than filing an immigration petition.

Thank you very much.. I could not find where to get the forms to start with? I live in Hall COunty Georgia and I went to the SUperior court in the county where I live and they all say the same thing ...that they do not handle adoption and I have to hire a prvate adoption lawyer and they do not have the forms?

Can u pls. share me any link about step parent adoption in Georgia?? I really woud appreciate it.

Timeline

Thank you very much.. I could not find where to get the forms to start with? I live in Hall COunty Georgia and I went to the SUperior court in the county where I live and they all say the same thing ...that they do not handle adoption and I have to hire a prvate adoption lawyer and they do not have the forms?

Can u pls. share me any link about step parent adoption in Georgia?? I really woud appreciate it.

Unfortunately, Georgia and the Hall County Superior Court does not make it easy to file for a stepparent adoption. I could not find any free forms or templates.

You may want to pony up the $300 for the legal forms offered by various legal paper mills. For simple stuff, the legal paper mills are good enough.

Unfortunately, Georgia and the Hall County Superior Court does not make it easy to file for a stepparent adoption. I could not find any free forms or templates.

You may want to pony up the $300 for the legal forms offered by various legal paper mills. For simple stuff, the legal paper mills are good enough.

Hey there, thanks again...I did talked to a lawyer and they asked $500 to start with just to have the forms and the questionares to answer. Also called an online adoption agency that offers services and asked 300 for just the forms. I guess I will have to read some more and find out.. I was able to print an ADOPT -200 form for free ..January 2014 version but I am not sure if this is the same for all states???

I really appreciate ur help so much. I am trying to do it myself if I could. I did my K1 to AOS to ROC to US citizenship, to I- 130 for my 2 kids and the CRBA of my youngest son by myself with no problem and no lawyer involved.

We are all Us citizens and the biological father of my two kids is deceased so I think it will be easier since my kids live with us for over 3 years now.

Thank you very much for ur effort.

Timeline

Hey there, thanks again...I did talked to a lawyer and they asked $500 to start with just to have the forms and the questionares to answer. Also called an online adoption agency that offers services and asked 300 for just the forms. I guess I will have to read some more and find out.. I was able to print an ADOPT -200 form for free ..January 2014 version but I am not sure if this is the same for all states???

I really appreciate ur help so much. I am trying to do it myself if I could. I did my K1 to AOS to ROC to US citizenship, to I- 130 for my 2 kids and the CRBA of my youngest son by myself with no problem and no lawyer involved.

We are all Us citizens and the biological father of my two kids is deceased so I think it will be easier since my kids live with us for over 3 years now.

Thank you very much for ur effort.

Adoptions are covered by state laws, so there is no way to get a form that is valid in all states as each state has its own laws. You need Georgia specific forms.

Adoptions are covered by state laws, so there is no way to get a form that is valid in all states as each state has its own laws. You need Georgia specific forms.

that's what I thought. Thank you again.