UnhappyVictimAmer

Visa on Arrival in Indonesia

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

If we travel to Indonesia, what do we need to get a "Visa on Arrival" at the Jakarta airport? What documents and copies do we need? Anyone have experience with this?

For me, a U.S. citizen,

and what about my son that was born in the U.S. and is a citizen but also is an Indonesian citizen because my spouse is still an Indonesian citizen and is a permanent resident green card holder in the U.S.

Does he need a visa on arrival too?

Thanks

Oct. 2009 - Met on Facebook(I found her through a friend)

July 2010 - Married

Oct. 2010 - Filed I-130 with USCIS

Nov. 2010 - Official permission to reside in Indonesia (KITAS)

Jan. 2011 - Medical Exam and Vaccinations completed

Jan. 2011 - Cancelled I-130

Jan. 2011 - Filed DCF (Direct Consular Filing)

Jan. 2011 - I-130 Approved

Jan. 2011 - Rec. (packet 3)instructions

Jan. 2011 - Gathering Documents

Feb. 2011 - Emailed Embassy

Feb. 2011 - Interview Date Sent

APPROVED!!

POE Atlanta

Took 32 days from the filing of the petition to getting visa

Visa on arrival is just a stamp they'll make on your passport. Every time me and my wife travel in another country we only bring a copy of our marriage certificate just in case immigration officers at the airport have questions. Good luck on your trip. Can't wait to go back to Bali. Indonesia is a very nice place to visit, people are very friendly.

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Thanks for the info. We'll bring a copy of our marriage certificate with us but they don't ask for anything else? They just look at the passport and then stamp it?

Oct. 2009 - Met on Facebook(I found her through a friend)

July 2010 - Married

Oct. 2010 - Filed I-130 with USCIS

Nov. 2010 - Official permission to reside in Indonesia (KITAS)

Jan. 2011 - Medical Exam and Vaccinations completed

Jan. 2011 - Cancelled I-130

Jan. 2011 - Filed DCF (Direct Consular Filing)

Jan. 2011 - I-130 Approved

Jan. 2011 - Rec. (packet 3)instructions

Jan. 2011 - Gathering Documents

Feb. 2011 - Emailed Embassy

Feb. 2011 - Interview Date Sent

APPROVED!!

POE Atlanta

Took 32 days from the filing of the petition to getting visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.