VOL

CFO - WIll this work to skip it

22 posts in this topic

Beside your fiance will learn something from that seminar. Especially the DOMESTIC VIOLENCE part lol.

June 2 2013 priority date
december 2013 Rfe
february 2014 sent Rfe
March 2014 approved at USCIS
june 2014 NVC received
march 2 2015 sent aos and iv package
march 8 i emailed nvc request to expedite my case
march 13 approved expedite request
march 17 in transit status in CEAC
march 19 case file at US embassy
march 23 first day of medical at Slec
march 29 personal evaluation...passed!
April 6 immunization
april 13 interview at USEM. under Administrative Processing Reason; Medical result was still not forwarded by SLEC.
After my interview i called SLEC they told me they forwarded it at USEM same day of my interview.
July 29 I emailed SLEC to confirm again when did they forwarded my Medical Result at USEM. They replied...forwarded April 13.
July 30 status update date change FINALLY.
September 2015 went in US embassy to withdraw my passport coz I've waited for how many months and no approval yet. Only to find out my case file has been sitting in the corner ...no one reviewed my medical result. to make the story short, I took medical again for the second time , then after a my medical result released, I have my visa on my hands.

October 28 2015 POE Sam Francisco
November 7, 2015 SSN
December 2015... 10 year green card arrived
December 2015 Driver's license issued..yay! <p>

NATURALIZATION N400 SECTION 319B
January 29,2016 Application for N400 section 319b sent at Phoenix AZ
February 1 Priority date
February 9 NOA
February 23 Biometric done, walk in (March 2 original schedule
February 28 Inline for interview
March 30 interview was scheduled
May 4, 2016 INTERVIEW APPROVED

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

an Pinay (or Pinoy) CANNOT leave without a CFO stamp. No matter which destination they are going to. Since the Visa says K-1 and is for USA, there is no point EVEN attempting to get around this requirement. It is a LAW in the Philippines, just like the laws in the USA. Your son to be asawa is required to fulfill the requirements of her country of residence UNTIL the person becomes a citizen of another country with a valid passport from said country.

Trying to skip, or go around Philippine Law might work, but CFO is NOT something to try and skip out on. there are exceptions, but they are very very few and far between. It is so damn cheap, and a day or two at most.

Trying to skip out on it can prevent your pinay or pinoy from EVER leaving the country. Just because you have a visa from the USA (or some other country) does not guarantee admisison to the USA to ability to leave their country of residence. Skipping the CFO is a Federal crime in the Philippines. You could be held liable as much as they are for attempting it. The CFO would make an example of you if caught, and use your case for examples to other Pinoys/Pinays leaving the country.

It may be a rip-off, but it is the Philippine law. How many rip-offs do you tolerate in the USA on daily basis??? Just get gas in your car, or go buy groceries, or go get take out??? How much do people mark up items to make a profit, and just how many times are you taxed on your dollar?

please see this page for penalties: http://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra2013/ra_10364_2013.html

You could face anywhere from 6 years to 20 years in prison and anywhere from 500,000 php to 5,000,000 php in fines, not to mention other international issues. Plus you would never be allowed to file with USCIS for another foeign spouse for life. The few measly pesos and time is not worth risking this type of penalty in a foreign prison.

Or the reality, the person is simply told they can not exit without attending CFO, and to go attend the seminar. No one is charged or sent to prison for missing the CFO sticker in their passport.

Hey Darrin. ( Look Darrin's back!!! )

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hank.... that is truely possible. You always hope for the best and prepare for the worst. The reality is you never know who the person is you run into when you go to leave. There is always the "mexican pinch". Better to have "t"'s crossed and "i"'s dotted in philippines, you just don't know HOW those in charge will re-act until they do. (Just like in CIS countries, you see Police, keep eyes down to ground and away from them. Looking them in the eye is seen as a challenge to authority.)

thos in Visa Journey NEVER advocate skipping, avoiding, or breaking laws of any country for the sake of emigration from one country to another.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

CFO in my opinion is just a rip off to make money. I assume nothing has changed in the last few years.

Once you get your visa, Why not just fly to Singapore and then buy a ticket there to USA?

USA does not require a CFO stamp

Cost: CFO - PhP 400 vs. SGP air ticket - US$ 300 - 400

Duration: CFO ~3.5 hours (minus waiting time to secure a slot) vs. Singapore flight: ~3.5 hours (minus time going to the airport)

Cost and duration-wise, the plan won't work. Success rate passing through immigration: 1 out of millions. (That one case reported here in VJ was a fiancee who has multiple passport stamps going in and out of Bangkok where the USC fiance was working and if I remember it correctly applied for some sort of Thailand visa for her to stay more than 30 days.)

Edited by sweet cakes

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Filed: Timeline

USA does not require a CFO stamp

And other countries should follow what the USA does ?

The CFO is such a small part of the overall process , both in terms of money and in time, that it's not even worth worrying about how to get around it.

Besides, it's good information for those planning to immigrate abroad.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

THE CFO is for the government to track their citizens travelling abroad outside of the Philippines, and knowing HOW to get help in the country they are going to, should they need it. Trying to skip this makes me wonder if YOU really care about YOUR spouse. It is IMPORTANT for your spouse to attend for their SAFETY abroad. If you really and truly care, this is but a small pittance to pay for doing things properly.

Are you also going to wait until the drop dead "deadline" of 90 days before marriage as well?

Are you also going to wait years to pay the AOS or ROC, and maybe never go for citizenship for your spouse????

Wanting to skip something so cheap and so inexpensive which is so beneficial and required by Filipino Federal Law, makes me wonder how truly in love you are with your betrothed.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Al422, on 05 Apr 2014 - 6:29 PM, said:

Look at the greand scheme of things. If the Singapore route would let you bypass the whole visa route, I mean the petition, the police clearances, the med exam , the interview and all those hundreds of dollars and months of waiting, we would be talking about a substantial prize here.

But a half day seminar and a few bucks? Chump change if you ask me. Just do it and get it done. And you know what? Some ladies who went there grudgingly actually learned a few things. You never know.

I agree with you. I think there is something to be learned at this seminar and from some of the horror stories out there it just might come in handy for some.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.