11 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey,

just a quick question since I only find conflicting information about it...

I had my medical about a month ago and got the Tdap vaccine... Now the problem is, it's already one month and probably 1 week after my first Tdap shot, so I should ve already gotten my second shot.

Since I am living further away from the next bigger town with a Texas Health department, I don't know what to do, I already drove there today for an hour and another hour back, just so they tell me, that their hours were wrong and I should have come in one hour earlier (Even the hours on the door begged to differ -.-)... And I really don't want to drive again during the week while I have my semester closing in on the finals...

So, simple question...

Are the follow-up vaccinations important to the USCIS? Or will they just grant the blanket waiver since I already got my one shot for the I-693 and don't care if I follow up on the vaccinations? Or could this lead to complications if you have an officer who wants to see the vaccination record? :P

Thank you in advance! :)

I just took one of the Tdap last year and just one of the Hep A ( I was told later on I didn't need it) and did not follow it up with the second one ( didn't realize I needed another one) and I got my GC. I guess they just want to know if you started it.

you should be able to take the shots at school, urgent care or any doctor's office? You don't have to go to the health center? Are you at a University? Do you have insurance? Your University health center should be able to give them to you.

Do you have a Walgreens in your town? Some Walgreens have a take care health center and they should be able to administer your shots. I got mine there.

Timeline

I just took one of the Tdap last year and just one of the Hep A ( I was told later on I didn't need it) and did not follow it up with the second one ( didn't realize I needed another one) and I got my GC. I guess they just want to know if you started it.

you should be able to take the shots at school, urgent care or any doctor's office? You don't have to go to the health center? Are you at a University? Do you have insurance? Your University health center should be able to give them to you.

Do you have a Walgreens in your town? Some Walgreens have a take care health center and they should be able to administer your shots. I got mine there.

Hey, thank you, that makes me feel better about it, especially, that I know I have all those vaccines already either way, so healthwise I dont need them, I just lost my record and dont want to deal with getting that over 3 different doctors from my home country.

Well, the Health Department told me, when I got the first shot, that I need to get it at another Health department (My Medical was in a different town and even further away). My College has a doctor and a registered nurse and works together with the hospital in town, but the nurse also told me I'd have to go to the Health department for this, since they dont store these vaccines. And the CVS and Walgreens in town also couldnt help me... It is so frustrating :D

Also I was told that I would need to get another shot after 1 month and another one after 6 months and this could be a problem if I dont follow up with them.

Edited by FelixTX

If you don't plan to work as a health care professional, you don't need it. But it is recommended to get all doses.

Some vaccination such IPV (Polio) as an adult, we just need one shot as a booster.

I am a nurse. When I went to nursing school here in the US, it was a requirement for me to get all those vaccination even I already had it as a child. As a health care provider, it is a good idea to finish all recommended doses to protect yourself in the future.

Filed: Timeline

I would do all the three if i were you...it is only beneficial for you GC here or there. So whether it is only one hour, or five hours, I would do it regardless of if it was for my GC, or not. But this is my humble opinion...

Hey, thank you, that makes me feel better about it, especially, that I know I have all those vaccines already either way, so healthwise I dont need them, I just lost my record and dont want to deal with getting that over 3 different doctors from my home country.

Well, the Health Department told me, when I got the first shot, that I need to get it at another Health department (My Medical was in a different town and even further away). My College has a doctor and a registered nurse and works together with the hospital in town, but the nurse also told me I'd have to go to the Health department for this, since they dont store these vaccines. And the CVS and Walgreens in town also couldnt help me... It is so frustrating :D

Also I was told that I would need to get another shot after 1 month and another one after 6 months and this could be a problem if I dont follow up with them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Only the first in a series is required for AOS. You can get the next dose on your own when you can.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

I would do all the three if i were you...it is only beneficial for you GC here or there. So whether it is only one hour, or five hours, I would do it regardless of if it was for my GC, or not. But this is my humble opinion...

Like I said before in the post you quoted... I already have all shots up to date, I worked for the service in an international Company before coming to the US and I always had to be up to date with vaccines, I just lost the record and redid the ones I needed for the medical, so I would avoid to get two more shots just for the fun of it while driving around all day during the semester :)

@Jay-Kay

Thank you :)

Edited by FelixTX

Filed: Timeline

Ignore my post then. Sorry! All the best with your AOS! :)

Like I said before in the post you quoted... I already have all shots up to date, I worked for the service in an international Company before coming to the US and I always had to be up to date with vaccines, I just lost the record and redid the ones I needed for the medical, so I would avoid to get two more shots just for the fun of it while driving around all day during the semester :)

@Jay-Kay

Thank you :)

I lost my records too. So I asked for a copy from my University that I attended as a F1 student almost 9 years ago. They had the record and for 10 dollars they sent a copy to me. I used that to fill my I-693.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.