heishe

This is the waiting for packet 4 thread.

274 posts in this topic

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Thanks! Guess they really want to make sure your desperate for info if they charge 1.20 for a minute. lol

Sounds like they are justing catching up from the holidays if you haven't received your interview date yet either. We are hoping the interview ends up between the 12th & the 23rd as I will be there for Valentine's day. :)

Pete (UK) & Sue (US)

June 19: Filed for K-1 Visa

Feb 8: Received K-1 Visa

April 27: Married!!

May 4: AOS & EAD sent off.

July 28: EAD Card Arrives in Mail!

Aug 23: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!

Aug 30: Welcome to America! letter arrived.

Sept 7: Greencard arrived in the mail!

May: Received Notice about Greencard Expiration end of August

July 15: Sent packet in mail!! (FINALLY!!)

July 16: Packet arrives @ CSC 10:52am Signed by V. Semegi

July 24: Received NOA (posted 7/21)

July 30: Received Bio Appt Letter in Mail

August 20 @ 2pm: Biometrics Appt. –

Sept 12: Approved!! Should be getting card within 60 days..

April 22: Mailing N400 Citizenship packet to Phoenix AZ! (about time!)

April 25 10:37am Phoenix USCIS Lockbox. Signed for by F DOMINGUEZ

April 28 NOA (received in mail May 2)

June 7 Biometrics Appt

July 26 8:10am Interview/Test APPROVED!

Jul 26 Oath Ceremony! Pete is now a US Citizen!

ficFm7.png

event.png

I submitted packet 3 on 8th Dec and still nothing back.

waiting right along with ya!!

Pain isn't it!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hey, pjc's other half here. I believe he emailed the embassy but they just sent a message back saying they can't do anything about it or something like that (as in they can't send status info).

Can we call?? How do we do that?

You can call the visa help line:

Operator Assisted Visa Information: 09042-450100 (This is NOT a London number. It does not require any other prefix or dialling code.)

Monday through Friday, 8.00 a.m. until 8.00 p.m., and on Saturdays from 10.00 a.m. until 4.00 p.m.; £1.20/min; only available in the U.K., within U.K. may be unavailable from some business telephones and mobile networks.

I guess people have occasionally gotten good information from that line, but it costs a lot. I also recall that people can call the State Dept. domestically and get their interview date that way, but I don't know what that number is.

So I called them and the Scottish lass told me that our case had "qualified on the 18th December". This meant that they had received all the paper work, medical test results et al satisfactorily and now we had to wait up to 6 weeks from that date for the interview to be scheduled and a letter sent out.

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well, I had sent the checklist on 4th Dec, the embassy received it on 5th and I received an appointment letter on 7th Dec 2006. The interview was for 29th Dec as I had requested a date towards the end of Dec. I was really impressed and was feeling lucky, but then the rest was to follow.

Everything went fine at the interview EXCEPT my Birth Certificate was registered in a different country as my parents where there. My passport had a different place of birth and the officer requested an affidavit from my Mother about this. I rushed and submitted the affidavit after receiving it from my Mom on 02nd Jan. It was sent via SMS on 03rd and reached the embassy on 04th.

Since, then I'am waiting for further instructions to send my passport. I have a funny situation as I'am an India and my UK permit expires on 31st Jan 07. I would have to go to India to get entry clearance to get back.

Keeping fingers crossed, I have called the call centre, got a Ref# and used it to send an email. I also sent a letter explaining the situation along with the affidavit which was submitted.

Looking at that seems like, depending upon your travel plans and situation they allot the interview dates.

Would anyone know when to expect any communication after submitting requirements of 221G. Yes, I have seen the forums but anything specific from London embassy??

Well, I had sent the checklist on 4th Dec, the embassy received it on 5th and I received an appointment letter on 7th Dec 2006. The interview was for 29th Dec as I had requested a date towards the end of Dec. I was really impressed and was feeling lucky, but then the rest was to follow.

Just out of interest, how did you request a date? Just by saying you had a date in mind for the marriage? Cos I know I'd like to request a date without having to specify an exact date for marriage.

Timeline
I am still waiting!

:unsure:

:crying:

I know! I look at the London timelines all the time, hoping to see someone new with a P4. It will probably come pretty soon for you guys. Be sure to let us know when it does!

Your stateside half can call the State Dept to see if you've been assigned an interview date yet. From DOS website:

For inquiries about visa cases and the application process call: 202-663-1225.

I called the other day, it's pretty painless. Five minutes of menus, maybe, then a couple minutes of holding to get a live person who is helpful. Of course we don't have our interview yet, but once we've waited more I think it will be more useful to call that number. Just be sure to listen to all the menus, because at the end of one of them they say how to get an operator. It's not automatic. Oh, and there's only live people during regular business hours.

Edited by heishe

signature here

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Just out of interest, how did you request a date? Just by saying you had a date in mind for the marriage? Cos I know I'd like to request a date without having to specify an exact date for marriage.

Yes I would be interested to know that too. There was nothing in my packet 3 that let you request a date for the interview as far as I can remember. There were fields for date of entry to US and a marriage date I think but nothing that allowed you to specify an interview date. Unless I missed something.

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

I am still waiting!

I know! I look at the London timelines all the time, hoping to see someone new with a P4. It will probably come pretty soon for you guys. Be sure to let us know when it does!

Your stateside half can call the State Dept to see if you've been assigned an interview date yet. From DOS website:

I called the other day, it's pretty painless. Five minutes of menus, maybe, then a couple minutes of holding to get a live person who is helpful. Of course we don't have our interview yet, but once we've waited more I think it will be more useful to call that number. Just be sure to listen to all the menus, because at the end of one of them they say how to get an operator. It's not automatic. Oh, and there's only live people during regular business hours.

*grin* the state side half is me!! So I will call! Thanks :) Can you tell me what kind of information you need when you call that number!? Please!! You are awesome!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Timeline
I am still waiting!

*grin* the state side half is me!! So I will call! Thanks :) Can you tell me what kind of information you need when you call that number!? Please!! You are awesome!

All they wanted from me was LND case number and UK fiance's name.

What she said about my fiance's status was that London has the electronic file but not the physical one, and once they receive the physical file they will assign him an interview date. I assume that means they haven't entered his P3 stuff yet, but who really knows? I think it will be a lot more helpful once they do assign him a date, even if they're slow about mailing the P4. Other people have reported getting their interview date by calling State. Since you guys have been waiting a lot longer than we have, I think it might be more useful for you to call!

Edited by heishe

signature here

I am still waiting!

All they wanted from me was LND case number and UK fiance's name.

What she said about my fiance's status was that London has the electronic file but not the physical one, and once they receive the physical file they will assign him an interview date. I assume that means they haven't entered his P3 stuff yet, but who really knows? I think it will be a lot more helpful once they do assign him a date, even if they're slow about mailing the P4. Other people have reported getting their interview date by calling State. Since you guys have been waiting a lot longer than we have, I think it might be more useful for you to call!

You are awesome! Thank you! If not today then first thing on Monday! :)

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Timeline

No fair!!!! We sent in packet 3 before you! :P

I guess that means we should be getting ours soon too! woo hoo!!! I am guessing monday. You must live nearer to London then....

Pete (UK) & Sue (US)

June 19: Filed for K-1 Visa

Feb 8: Received K-1 Visa

April 27: Married!!

May 4: AOS & EAD sent off.

July 28: EAD Card Arrives in Mail!

Aug 23: AOS Interview! APPROVED!!

Aug 30: Welcome to America! letter arrived.

Sept 7: Greencard arrived in the mail!

May: Received Notice about Greencard Expiration end of August

July 15: Sent packet in mail!! (FINALLY!!)

July 16: Packet arrives @ CSC 10:52am Signed by V. Semegi

July 24: Received NOA (posted 7/21)

July 30: Received Bio Appt Letter in Mail

August 20 @ 2pm: Biometrics Appt. –

Sept 12: Approved!! Should be getting card within 60 days..

April 22: Mailing N400 Citizenship packet to Phoenix AZ! (about time!)

April 25 10:37am Phoenix USCIS Lockbox. Signed for by F DOMINGUEZ

April 28 NOA (received in mail May 2)

June 7 Biometrics Appt

July 26 8:10am Interview/Test APPROVED!

Jul 26 Oath Ceremony! Pete is now a US Citizen!

ficFm7.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well I just mentioned the intended date to travel & wedding date and put tentative in brackets. I had also sent a cover letter along with the check list explaining my situation and it really worked. As I mentioned earlier, I got the packet 4 in just 3 days. I wish the rest of the process was as quick as that. I'm gonna miss my fiancee's b'day which is on 14...:-(, wish I could see her atleast for Valentines...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.