Emily and Nathan

Words of Encouragement...

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I HATE K1 PROCESS!!

I HATE WE HAVE NO EXTRA MONEY FOR FLIGHT TICKETS so we cant see each other

I HATE I HAVENT TOUCH HIM ... KISS HIM... SLEEP TOGETHER AS HE HOLDS ME TIGHT!!!!

I HATE I HAVENT SEE HIM SINCE AUGUST!!!

Texas center better move their ### and not just ask for money but speed the process... They play with our life and our relationship and our family!!!

Just this!

01-08-2013 : We decided to be a couple and walk on the same life path!!!!

06-08-2013 : I traveled to the US to stay with my man for 3 months. We got engaged!!!!

Meanwhile :

July 2013 : My fiancé apply for his citizenship.

November 2013 : My fiancé become an American citizen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-23-2013 : We sent I-129F form.

12-30-2013 : I-129F NOA1.

01-06-2014 : I-129F RFE ( fee mistake - we sent 341$ not 340$ ) + NOA1 Hardcopy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USCIS

01-22-2014 : We re-sent I-124F form.

01-24-2014 : I-129F NOA 1.

01-27-2014 : Case Number changed.

01-28-2014 : Alien Registration Number changed.

01-31-2014 : NOA1 Hardcopy.

02-07-2014 : Expedite requested.

02-10-2014 : Requested expedite denied.

04-28-2014 : Expedite requested (financial loss).

05-02-2014 : Email received requesting evidence to expedite + we sent evidence right away.

05-05-2014 : Expedite request approved (we called uscis on 05/08 and they told us that got approved).

05-08-2014 : NOA2

05-12-2014 : Uscis mail us noa2

05-14-2014 : Noa2 hardcopy received

05-21-2014 : Noa2 hardcopy received again with date 05-12-2014

NVC

05-22-2014 : Case Creation Date

05-29-2014 : NVC Left

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Embassy

06-06-2014 : Received By Consulate

06-10-2014 : Received Package 3

06-18-2014 : Package 3 Sent

07-01-2014 : Received Package 4

07-07-2014 : Medical Exam

07-17-2014 : Interview (221g) (Administrative Processing)

07-17-2014 : Sent back an email as they asked

as1cOAY0g411110MDAwNDMwbHwwMDAyMDlsfFdlI[/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so happy today my I130 was approved today and I can smile and laugh without worry creeping in my thoughts. Today I am celebrating!!! I hope soon to be with my husband finally since a year and almost four months now being apart.... I hope we have this process completed before the two year mark. I hope everyone finds their reasons to celebrate throughout this process.

Congrats on the approval!!!

Yep. It's really been hard over this year to explain to our family and friends why the heck it's taking so long (because even we can't fathom this). They've asked some funny questions: "Why won't his country let him out?" (like he's in prison or something! LOL) and "Why won't the U.S. let you in?" and "Why don't you just pay them extra for express service?" (I laughed out loud at that one!)

I've explained so many times I'm sick of talking about it when I get together with friends. And midway through, over and over having someone ask all perky-like: "Well...any news?" made me want to just tear my hair.

YES! A million times over. Lol. My favorite is "I thought that once you got married they could just move here" followed with "But he is Canadian why wouldn't they let him in?!".

Because my work is so conservative (and has some VERY conservative political views) I try to spin it is a little bit like, well, isn't it a good thing that the government is screening the people coming into the country and not just letting everyone in? Then they are like "ooooooh you are right, I never thought about it like that". haha

s-event.png s-event.png
IR-1/CR-1 Visa : National Benefits Center NVC Received: 2014-01-08
Consulate : Montreal, Canada NVC Case Number: 2014-02-07
Marriage : 2013-02-22 Paid I-864 Bill: 2014-02-13
I-130 Sent : 2013-03-16 Sent I-864 Docs: 2014-02-14
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-03-20 Paid IV Bill: 2014-03-03
Trans. to NSC : 2013-11-05 Sent IV Docs: 2014-03-04
I-130 NOA2: 2013-12-16 Submitted DS-260: 2014-03-06

Case Complete 2014-03-21

Interview & APPROVED 2014-05-08

POE 2014-06-21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is such a wonderful idea for a thread! This process is absolutely challenging and can be hard to appreciate the things we are learning while it's going on. It's really easy to get bogged down by the frustration. I know for me and my husband it has really made our relationship stronger and it's really amazing to know you can make a great team and get through some tough stuff together.

There are have been good days and bad days and totally hopeless days.... But I am finally getting close to the end. We just passed our 1 year since we started this process. We have been apart for almost two years. We have made it work and have gotten to have some really fun trips to see each other. Things we maybe wouldn't have done if we weren't in the middle of this.

The paperwork I can handle, it's the unknown and not being able to make plans. Also all the details like health insurance, importing the car, filing taxes, him getting a job when he is here, how will he adjust. And the questions from people - can't he just move here? When is he gonna get here? Haha.

One thing I try to remember when I get really discouraged is that there are people who have had a longer wait and more hardships than I have. It helps put it in perspective for me and help me not focus so much on how frustrated I am. I am very lucky to have such an amazing man in my life and by the time he gets here, I know I can appreciate it that much more :)

Thanks- I thought it was a good idea too! From the sounds of it... your man is lucky to have you too! Best of luck with everything!

I have to agree this process is not for the faint of heart and those ready to give up easily. I have cried many nights out of frustration just because I have no control over my life and what to expect. I felt lost at times because no one understood my pain. I havent had much of a support except in visa journey. I am so happy today my I130 was approved today and I can smile and laugh without worry creeping in my thoughts. Today I am celebrating!!! I hope soon to be with my husband finally since a year and almost four months now being apart.... I hope we have this process completed before the two year mark. I hope everyone finds their reasons to celebrate throughout this process.

Yes ... Visa journey has been a good support system for me too. You definitely deserve to celebrate! But take more than a day to celebrate... you deserve it for how long you have waited. it's hopefully all down hill from here!

Yep. It's really been hard over this year to explain to our family and friends why the heck it's taking so long (because even we can't fathom this). They've asked some funny questions: "Why won't his country let him out?" (like he's in prison or something! LOL) and "Why won't the U.S. let you in?" and "Why don't you just pay them extra for express service?" (I laughed out loud at that one!)

I've explained so many times I'm sick of talking about it when I get together with friends. And midway through, over and over having someone ask all perky-like: "Well...any news?" made me want to just tear my hair.

Unless you're going through the process, it's hard to explain to people who aren't going through it too. But hang in there, because it WILL get done, and one day you'll be with your sweeties and all will be fine. :)

The number of times I get asked "heard anything? or any news?'... I tell ya... I know people are trying to just show concern... but it's frustrating because once I do hear something... that is all I'll be telling people... so I want to say to people... If I don't say anything.. I haven't heard anything lol..

But you are right.. it is a matter of time.. It will happen... In time.. for all of us that show patience.. and dedication to getting all this done.

"I've explained so many times I'm sick of talking about it when I get together with friends. And midway through, over and over having someone ask all perky-like: "Well...any news?" made me want to just tear my hair." <<<---- TOTALLY!! Ha ha haaa!

My fiance and I have known each other since 2010 and started this journey in July of 2013. The longest part for us was AFTER receiving our NOA2...52-days for NOA2, 188-days from NOA2 to approval. Grrrr. We were in AP for 71-days after our interview and were finally approved yesterday! :dancing: Whew! Even through the not-knowing and how the black-hole of AP gnawed at us daily, we knew this journey wouldn't be easy but vowed to each other that our commitment to each other would carry us through without question. And it has. Not once did we want to throw in the towel and walk away. Not once did we argue and yell at each other. We have talked every single day since we've met without fail. We are closer than ever (even though we are countries away, for now) and know without a doubt we are here for each other for the long haul. We speak openly about our feelings every step of the way. After our approval, we both were talking about how happy but NERVOUS we are because it's actually happening, like for real, no "waiting for approval". I describe it as a delicious nervousness, :) we know our lives will change and soon now. He is traveling far from all he has known, family, country, etc. to start a new life here with his daughter and I. We expect a period of adjusting into our new schedules and life and honestly welcome every last bit of it with open arms. No government, no red tape, no borders will keep us apart.

This site has been such a blessing and will continue to be one. The comfort of knowing we are/were not alone in the struggle is indescribable. The highs and lows are tremendous but it is worth every single last minute of this to know, soon, we conquered it and will be together.

(L) (L) (L) (L) (L)

CONGRATS ON YOUR APPROVAL! So So So happy for you. You two will be stronger because you made it through this process together. And you are right... this site provides a lot of comfort in not being alone in this... And I will trust you that it is worth every minute.. since I have a lot more minutes to go ;)

sniffles :cry: i haven't seen my husband in person for 443 days and its so hard to live the life without him. :(

Oh Dreamers..I'm so so so sorry. That sounds absolutely awful.

But you know what... I truly believe that everything happens for a reason... and that the Universe will reward you for your patience. Look forward to the day that you can look back on this process and ALMOST laugh.. because you'll be on the other side. In the mean time.. keep you head up.. and know my heart goes out to you and how you are feeling. Stay strong.

I HATE K1 PROCESS!!

I HATE WE HAVE NO EXTRA MONEY FOR FLIGHT TICKETS so we cant see each other

I HATE I HAVENT TOUCH HIM ... KISS HIM... SLEEP TOGETHER AS HE HOLDS ME TIGHT!!!!

I HATE I HAVENT SEE HIM SINCE AUGUST!!!

Texas center better move their #### and not just ask for money but speed the process... They play with our life and our relationship and our family!!!

Just this!

Hey Laspo.. I've read a few of your posts on the December Filers page.. I know you are having a rough time...

I know this process absolutely sucks.. I'm at TSC too.. As I said before... maybe this is taking longer because.. God or the Universe or whatever you choose to believe in...wants everything perfect for when you two are united. Trust the timing... and know that this process no matter how hard it is.. I know... beings couples closer together and makes them stronger... Going through something this difficult in a relationship is a testimony of your love and devotion to each other. I also HATE everything that you listed you are going through with you.. I'm sorry that this part of your journey is so difficult. Thinking of you.

Feb 2013- Met Online- started chatting.secret7vf.gif

March 2013- Met in person..started dating.heart.gifrose.gif

December 5th,2013- Filed 129Freading.gif

December 19th- Alien number change.dancin5hr.gif

December 20th (approx)- Received NOA1idea9dv.gif

Have since been ANXIOUSLY awaitting ANY kind of change.. or news. :clock:

NOTTA...for 6 months... Grrr (almost lost my mind) :ranting:

JUNE 16TH 2014- NOA2 APPROVED- YAYYYYYYYY :D

JULY 1ST 2014- NVC RECEIVED OUR CASE! B-)

AUGUST 5TH 2014- MEDICAL :innocent:

AUGUST 20TH 2014- INTERVIEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! :dance:

AUGUST 20th 2014- APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!! :energy:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

After our approval, we both were talking about how happy but NERVOUS we are because it's actually happening, like for real, no "waiting for approval". I describe it as a delicious nervousness, :) we know our lives will change and soon now. He is traveling far from all he has known, family, country, etc. to start a new life here with his daughter and I. We expect a period of adjusting into our new schedules and life and honestly welcome every last bit of it with open arms. No government, no red tape, no borders will keep us apart.

This site has been such a blessing and will continue to be one. The comfort of knowing we are/were not alone in the struggle is indescribable. The highs and lows are tremendous but it is worth every single last minute of this to know, soon, we conquered it and will be together.

(L) (L) (L) (L) (L)

The nervous thing is interesting - I know what you mean! I have spent so long knowing that it is going to take a long time and everything is so far out in the future that now we are on the edge of finally getting an interview, its like WHOA - OK....this whole new life is really going to be happening.

I am excited for sure! :)

s-event.png s-event.png
IR-1/CR-1 Visa : National Benefits Center NVC Received: 2014-01-08
Consulate : Montreal, Canada NVC Case Number: 2014-02-07
Marriage : 2013-02-22 Paid I-864 Bill: 2014-02-13
I-130 Sent : 2013-03-16 Sent I-864 Docs: 2014-02-14
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-03-20 Paid IV Bill: 2014-03-03
Trans. to NSC : 2013-11-05 Sent IV Docs: 2014-03-04
I-130 NOA2: 2013-12-16 Submitted DS-260: 2014-03-06

Case Complete 2014-03-21

Interview & APPROVED 2014-05-08

POE 2014-06-21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Thank you very much. We need all of those encouraging words.

We have been in this process since July 2013.... now in AP in Montreal since 2 weeks. When in AP, there is nothing much we can do but to patiently wait. We are at that phase where these kind of encouraging words keep us sane.

I know what you mean i got put into AP 12 days ago and its the hardest part of this the not knowing wether they will grant the visa or not i feel helpless

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What a great looking couple you guys are :)

I know an approval is in your future for you ( not that the process is based on good looks ;)

BEST OF LUCK!

I know what you mean i got put into AP 12 days ago and its the hardest part of this the not knowing wether they will grant the visa or not i feel helpless

Feb 2013- Met Online- started chatting.secret7vf.gif

March 2013- Met in person..started dating.heart.gifrose.gif

December 5th,2013- Filed 129Freading.gif

December 19th- Alien number change.dancin5hr.gif

December 20th (approx)- Received NOA1idea9dv.gif

Have since been ANXIOUSLY awaitting ANY kind of change.. or news. :clock:

NOTTA...for 6 months... Grrr (almost lost my mind) :ranting:

JUNE 16TH 2014- NOA2 APPROVED- YAYYYYYYYY :D

JULY 1ST 2014- NVC RECEIVED OUR CASE! B-)

AUGUST 5TH 2014- MEDICAL :innocent:

AUGUST 20TH 2014- INTERVIEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! :dance:

AUGUST 20th 2014- APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!! :energy:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

What a great looking couple you guys are :)

I know an approval is in your future for you ( not that the process is based on good looks ;)

BEST OF LUCK!

Thank you so much he is the love of my life i dont know how they didnt see it. I hate the fact that our future is in the hands of another human being making a life altering decision

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.