AlanT

Approved!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So happy, I went to the embassy worrying myself to death ( needlessly, may I add. ) and it turned out I had literally no reason to worry. Hardest part of the whole process was getting my fingerprints recorded as the skin was too dry apparently. Got to feel the wrath of the Asian lady getting annoyed during this part. :P Questions were as easy as can be.

TL;DR if you're a pessimist like me and actively look for stuff to worry about then take it from me: you'll be fine. Just check and double check your documents are all in order and the rest of it is a cakewalk.

Timeline

Congratulations on your approval!!! dancin5hr.gif You must be over the moon!

My fiance's interview is TOMORROW - we're going through the whole nervous/anxiousness time right now and I'm trying so hard to be calm for him.

Reading that we'll be fine is reassuring! I'm like you...always worrying, and I think he's checked the documents over 6 times today!

Congrats again! :)

Timeline

Congrats!!! had mine this morning, really so long as you have your docs in order and nothing to hide then it really isnt the great big terror youve built it up to be in your mind.

Just follow the guides and great advice on here and you should be good throughout this journey.

Timeline

Hi, thanks for this information. I've been a little worried about the interview. This has made me feel better since I have all of my documents in place.

Kate

No problem, I just felt the need to clarify to people that even from my perspective as someone who gets anxious about pretty much everything there really was nothing to worry about. I even woke up the morning before going to London worrying that I was missing some super important document I would need for the interview or be rejected. ( I wasn't missing anything and when I "woke up" I was still half asleep but panicking about this imaginary document. )

Congratulations on your approval!!! dancin5hr.gif You must be over the moon!

My fiance's interview is TOMORROW - we're going through the whole nervous/anxiousness time right now and I'm trying so hard to be calm for him.

Reading that we'll be fine is reassuring! I'm like you...always worrying, and I think he's checked the documents over 6 times today!

Congrats again! smile.png

I'm sure he will be fine! Nothing wrong with double checking your documents if it relaxes you though that's how I kept reassuring myself I was ready. :)

Congrats!!! had mine this morning, really so long as you have your docs in order and nothing to hide then it really isnt the great big terror youve built it up to be in your mind.

Just follow the guides and great advice on here and you should be good throughout this journey.

Grats on your approval Broe. :)

Timeline

No problem, I just felt the need to clarify to people that even from my perspective as someone who gets anxious about pretty much everything there really was nothing to worry about. I even woke up the morning before going to London worrying that I was missing some super important document I would need for the interview or be rejected. ( I wasn't missing anything and when I "woke up" I was still half asleep but panicking about this imaginary document. )

I'm sure he will be fine! Nothing wrong with double checking your documents if it relaxes you though that's how I kept reassuring myself I was ready. smile.png

Grats on your approval Broe. smile.png

Thank you!

I have a friend who had a problem with his i-134 when he attended his interview, even then they gave him the opportunity to have his interview anyway and submit further documents as soon as he had them. While this caused him a delay he was still approved.

I must have checked I had my passport etc 100 times before I left my house and on the way to embassy, I think its only natural to worry and have nerves when going for an interview for something so important, I was so tired the morning of my interview that as I was waiting I couldn't remember my fiances dob, turns out I had it right but my brain just wasnt functioning. I dont even know what I said at the interview, I dont think it really matters as long as you are being honest. she actually stopped me talking to tell me we had been approved!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Congratulations! Great to hear that it's not as scary as I feared!

My blog about my visa journey and adjusting to my new life in the US http://albiontoamerica.wordpress.com/

Timeline
I'm sure he will be fine! Nothing wrong with double checking your documents if it relaxes you though that's how I kept reassuring myself I was ready. smile.png

He was fine! And he got approval today! Wooooo!

Timeline

I had my interview this morning too and got approved! That's right, as long as documents are in order there shouldn't be any problem. The CO who interviewed me was nice and we had a good banter... Congrats! Next thing is waiting for out passport back. ??

From one Brit to another.... congratulations!!!! Any part of the visa process is SO stressful!!! For the whole 2 months prior to my AOS Interview I only slept 2-3 hours a night... I was on complete auto pilot and worried myself to death. The interview turned out to be the most harmless experience of my life, and lasted less than 5 minutes.

All that precious lost sleep for nothing crying.gif

To everyone else either having a K-1 interview or AOS Interview.... as long as you have all the documents required and your well prepared... Don't deprive yourself of sleep like I did LOL!!!

Wonderful news! Im very happy for you. dancin5hr.gif

heart.gif Every love story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite heart.gif

Timeline

Whens everyone travelling?

I have to deal with the tax office first, which is fun. hopefull I'll be on my way by mid april.

Hopefully people going through the stresses and sleepless nights we all enjoyed will see the amount of us getting approved in this thread alone and it will help them relax a little.

Good luck to you all

Timeline

Whens everyone travelling?

I have to deal with the tax office first, which is fun. hopefull I'll be on my way by mid april.

Hopefully people going through the stresses and sleepless nights we all enjoyed will see the amount of us getting approved in this thread alone and it will help them relax a little.

Good luck to you all

Have you looked at the flight prices? Bed warned - one way flights are much more expensive! I used air miles.

I have read about people buying a return flight then just using the inbound flight and claiming money back for the outbound flight that they don't use. This concerned me as I was worried the POE officer would wonder why I had a return flight booked and wouldn't accept the explanation. That could just be unnecessary worrying though.

My K-1 visa interview review: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=13931 Sorry for the grammar mistakes! I wrote this very quickly and am not able to go back and edit it!

My POE interview review: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php?trim=no&poe=JFK&page=1&dfilter=0

Native Northumbrian

100px-Flag_of_Northumberland.svg.png

Adopted New Yorker

100px-Flag_of_New_York_City.svg.png

Met in London, UK - 8th October, 2010

Fiancee moved back to NYC - October 2011

Two year long-distance relationship

I-129f sent - 10th September 2013

I-129f NOA1 - 24th September 2013

NOA2 - 18th October 2013 (so fast!!)

DS-160 sent - 14th November 2013

Readiness form submitted - 4th January 2014

Medical examination - 13th January 2014

Interview date - 11th February 2014

Visa approved!

Entered the US at JFK - 30th March 2014

Married! - 25th April 2014

Mailed AOS package - 8th May 2014

Recieved NOA for AOS - 12th May 2014

EAD/AP approved - 23rd July 2014

Received EAD/AP - 31st July 2014

Began working again! - 1st August 2014

Timeline

Have you looked at the flight prices? Bed warned - one way flights are much more expensive! I used air miles.

I have read about people buying a return flight then just using the inbound flight and claiming money back for the outbound flight that they don't use. This concerned me as I was worried the POE officer would wonder why I had a return flight booked and wouldn't accept the explanation. That could just be unnecessary worrying though.

One way prices are ludicrous, I already decided to go with a return and cancel the return flight even if i dont get a refund its still cheaper.

Last year I cancelled with BA who said I could get a refund but didnt tell me how much I would get, after a couple of weeks they refunded just over £2!!!! When I've flown Delta before they've always been very generous with changing flights or converting to credit etc, thanfully they begin a direct service from heathrow to seattle this month so BA can do one.

Im actually going to contact the airlines with regards to paying the extra so the flight is fully is refundable to check if this is only valid if you cancel both flights or can just cancel the return with a partial refund for that flight. as from my brief reading of their tac's i couldnt find anything to convince me I could.

I think at poe they will fully understand why you bought a return ticket to save yourself a small fortune, if you're worried take a print out showing the one way fare compared to what you paid for a return flight. They are pretty understanding people and I'm sure people do it all the time. I read another thread about it last week and people had done this with no problems.

Timeline

I'm getting a one way ticket with BA. I have enough avios points with them at this point that the price is similar to a return ticket if I spend them all. :) And hopefully I'll be leaving next friday. If by some miracle the visa arrives tomorrow (it won't) I would try to leave on Sunday. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.